The iCloud in your iPhone enable sync automatically your most recent 1000 photos or the last 30 days of pictures to all Apple devices via iPhoto. Those images are stored in My Photo Stream album by default. And since 2015 iCloud has a new feature called iCloud Photo Library, which is able to keep all your photos. You can access to what is iCloud photos library to learn more information. Hence, to some extent, iCloud Photo Library replaced Photo Stream. It seems that Photo Stream has no point any more, but occupies storage space on your iPhone device.
Your iPhone may be simply running out of storage space, especially when you install some game apps, store videos as well as photos in your mobile device. So, it is time to delete Photo Stream to free up your iPhone space. Continue to read and you can know multiple methods to remove Photos Stream.
When you take photograph with your iPhone, you can always find that the photo appears in not only Camera Roll but also in My Photo Stream. Mostly, Photos Stream album contains 1000 duplicate photos that will waste nearly 1GB or even more capacity on your iPhone. Just learn the following simple steps to delete Photo Stream picture.
1. Open the Photos app on your iPhone or iPad through tap on Photos tab on your screen.
2. Go to My Photos Stream album and then click on Select button in upper right corner.
3. Check the photos you wish to remove. You can delete batch photos from Photo Stream at once by tapping on each image you want to erase.
Note: It will take a while to bulk delete photos from Photo Stream.
4. Hit on trash bin icon in lower right corner and then click on Delete Photos.
In addition, photos you deleted from Photo Stream are still showing up in Camera Roll. If you no longer want those photos, you can just delete photos form iPhone, or delete photos from iPad. Also you can disable Photo Stream rather than delete Photo Stream pictures from iPhone or iPad.
Photos Stream can be a nuisance, since you already have iCloud Photo Library. Fortunately, you can delete Photo Stream album to release space on your iPhone and iPad. You are able to go to know how much space Photo Stream takes up by several steps as below:
1. Go to Settings on your device and find General.
2. Click on Usage on General.
3. Select Photos & Camera. Then you will see the footprints of Photo Stream.
Let’s delete Photo Stream folder right now.
1. Head to Settings on your device and go to iCloud Then click on Photos tab.
2. Turn off My Photo Stream. Make sure the toggle button turned from green to gray.
3. Click on Delete button in popup menu.
At this point, you can wait for few seconds and then refresh your Photos. The My Photo Stream album will disappear. Also all of photos inside are gone. Except of erasing Photo Stream album on your iPhone and iPad, you can also obtain more detail about how to delete photo albums from iPhone.
Just as mentioned, if you have iCloud Photo Library, which enable you to store all of photos and without limits as long as you have the iCloud storage to support it. Actually, the storage of iCloud will be filled as same as your any device. Thus it is necessary for you to know how to clear up iCloud space and avoid paying for extra storage. You can free up iCloud storage space by deleting Photo Stream in iCloud.
1. Launch iPhoto app on your computer and connect with your computer.
2. Click on iCloud button in left column to browse all of photos store in iCloud.
3. Go to My Photo Stream and select images you would like to delete.
Note: If you wish to delete photos in a Shared Photo Stream, you are unable to remove photos that aren’t yours.
4. Right click on the photo you want to erase. Also, you can select multiple images at a time through control click.
5. Tap on Delete from My Photo Stream in drop down menu.
You can acquire more specific information from how to manage iCloud Photos in the best way. Besides, if you need to delete Photo Stream on Apple TV, iPod touch an Mac or any Apple device, you can try this approach.
After knowing the usages mentioned above, you can delete photos from Photo Stream on your iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, and Mac. If you are a PC user, you also have capable to remove photos from My Photo Stream. When you have any other query about how to delete Photo Stream, you can feel free to share your comments in the article with us.