If you have created a Google account and set up with Android device, then you may find that Picasa or Google Photo albums contained in your phone Gallery. Because your Google account is synced to your Android mobile. Every picture you upload to Google plus will store in Picasa or Google Photo albums on your device as well. To some extent, this can be a nuisance. You maybe already have Google Photos and still have Picasa on your phone. So, you can delete duplicate pictures in Picasa.
In addition, if you have Picasa desktop program and use it, you should know that since 15 March 2016, Google stopped supporting Picasa desktop app. While you are still able to use Picasa, you should learn the means to delete Picasa photos from Android mobile as well as remove Google photos.
When you view your pictures on your albums, you possibly notice there have auto-generated albums, for instance, YouTube album. There may save cover photos of videos you have ever seen in YouTube album. Mostly, those images are meaningless, but get your albums messy. Yet when you eager to erase pictures in Picasa, there maybe has no Delete option. It seems that pictures are hardly to erase. Take it easy, you can try the easiest way to delete photos from Picasa auto backup as below:
1. Go to Photos on your device and open the album you would like to erase.
2. Tap on the photo you wish to delete. Hit on the image after it open.
3. Choose Delete to remove the photo. If you have no option to remove, you can head to Google Plus.
4. Launch Google Plus, and then Choose an account you usually use to login to Google plus.
5. Click on Photos Then select and open the photo to remove.
6. Long press the photo until an icon with three dots displays on upper column.
7. Tap on three dots icon and click Delete photo.
You can go back to Gallery to check whether the photo deleted or not. Additionally, if you is a big fan of Google Plus, you can also learn more detail about the way to delete photos from Google plus. Things perchance happen that pictures are still in album, even though you use the method mentioned above. Hence you should know how to effectively delete synced Picasa photos from Android device.
You may perhaps be bothered by cannot delete Picasa photos on your Android device. Photos synced Google account are not only make Android Gallery gets messy, but also simply run out of your mobile storage. Fortunately, you have capable to disable basically get rid of Picasa albums. Just learn more detail about the way to remove photo from Picasa web albums.
1. Go to your Android Settings and find Accounts Then tap on Google option on Accounts list.
2. Select the Gmail address you usually use. If you have more than one Gmail accounts, you can just choose one where back up all of your photos.
3. Head to the Gmail account. You can see a plenty of choices below.
4. Uncheck Sync Picasa Web albums. Also, you can uncheck Sync Google Photos to disable sync Google photos to your phone. Anything you don’t plan to use, you can just uncheck them.
After you finished this step, Picasa has stopped syncing to your Android device.
1. Head to Android Settings > Applications and go to Application manager.
2. Go to Gallery and click on Clear cache as well as Clear data button.
3. At this point, you are basically deleting Picasa photos from phone.
Open your Gallery and you will find that Picasa photos are disappear on your Gallery. All Picasa photos are gone. If you are annoyed by Picasa photos synced, you can delete Google Picasa photos right now.
If you are used to store ore backup photos with iCloud, you will likely be annoyed by My Photo Stream, which probably occupies much storage space on your device. Fortunately, you can free up space through delete Photo Stream.
With major two above solutions, you are able to delete Picasa photos from Samsung or any Android devices. And if you regret deleting photos from Picasa web album, you can also recover deleted photos from Android.
Actually except for Picasa or Google Photos enable you to store pictures automatically. You can also save photos to iCloud, which is more suitable for Android users. If you have any queries about how to delete Picasa photos, you can share your comments in the article with us.