Sometimes, you may need to increase the size of a photo. Here you can learn how to use Photoshop to blow-up or enlarge a picture from the following tutorial. We also introduce you other ways to make an image larger without Photoshop.
Step 1: Add image to Photoshop for resizing
Large Photoshop on your computer and add the image you want to make larger into the program. Then click the “Image” and choose “Image Size” from the dropdown list (Image > Image Size).
Step 2: Make image larger in Photoshop
When the “Image Size” window pops up, you can enter values for Width and Height to change the image size. Before changing, please be sure the “Constrain Proportions” option is checked. You can also change the Resolution by entering a new value. For the Resample option, you can check it to allow the total number of pixels to adjust proportionately when changing the image size or resolution or uncheck it to disallow changing.
Step 3: Save the larger image
After entering a larger number, click “OK” button to let Photoshop resize the image based on the values you entered.
There are lots of online image resizer in the internet so you can make an image larger without using Photoshop. Let’s take ResizeImage.net for example.
1. Enter the resizeimage.com on the browser.
2. Click “Upload an image” button to choose the photo from your computer. You can upload an image in JPEG, PNG, GIF or BMP format with max. 100MB and 100MP. (For GIF format is 30MB and 10MP).
3. Resize your image by percentage or resize it to be exactly the size you specified with keeping aspect ratio on the “Resize your image” section.
4. After making the image larger, click the “Resize Image” button to save the larger image. You can check the former image and resized image information after resizing. You can also choose to view or download the larger image from the word link.
Gimp is a free software to enlarge images with minimum quality loss. Here you can use Gimp to make an image larger.
1. Install and open Gimp and add your image, simply go to Image > Scale Image.
2. Enter your desired dimensions on the boxes and choose Sinc (Lanczos3) under the Quality section.
3. After finishing, just click “Scale” button to save the larger image on your computer.
WidsMob Retoucher is a versatile Photo Retouching software, including photo denoise, portrait retouch, film pack, fish eye view and adjustments.