Fraps Screen Recorder is one of the most popular gameplay recorder to capture videos with a high quality. Should you choose the screen recorder as the default one? When you want to share the videos to Twitch, YouTube or other social media sites, learn more details about how to use Fraps to capture gameplay video, as well as the best Fraps alternative from the article.
Fraps Screen Recorder costs $37 for a lifetime license. The screen recorder is a universal Windows application that can be used with games using DirectX or OpenGL graphic technology. Just learn more about the features of Fraps as below.
1. Capture screen or gameplay up to 120 frames per second.
2. Record full screen or custom region based on your requirement.
3. Let you decide to hide or show cursor while recording.
4. Support 4K video resolution recording for gameplay videos.
5. Make screenshots independently or while recording screen.
1. Fraps is pretty easy to use without extra custom options.
2. It allows you to capture system audio along with screen.
3. You can add your voice to screen recording via microphone.
1. Lacks some essential features, such as video editing.
2. Do not compress recording video that the output file size is pretty large.
3. Cannot add your reactions to the screen recording using webcam.
4. Fraps Screen Recorder has not updated since 2013.
When you want to capture a gameplay vide, you can download the free trial before purchasing. It allows you to capture 30 seconds of screen. Just learn more about how to use Fraps screen recorder as below.
Step 1: Download and install Fraps screen recorder on your PC. Launch the program on your computer. In order to make sure you can record gameplay videos with a high quality, you can turn off the other programs.
Step 2: Switch to the Movies tab from the top menu bar. Click the Change button and select a specific folder to save the recordings. Then set the Video Capture Hotkey based on your preference.
Step 3: Go to the Video Capture Settings section, and decide the FPS and recording size. Fraps can only record full screen or half screen. Customize other options according to your situations.
Step 4: Press the recording hotkey. By default, it is F9 key on your keyboard. Then do what you want to capture the gameplay videos. Once you press the hotkey, Fraps should show as an overlay.
Step 5: When gameplay is done, stop recording and save the video using the same hotkey. Then go to the destination folder you set and you will find the recording.
Is there a Fraps Screen Recorder alternative for Mac? When you need to capture gameplay video with a high quality, tweak the audio/video settings, and even manage the recorded videos, WidsMob Capture is a versatile gameplay recorder that enables you to capture screen video, record audio files and take snapshots.
1. Capture full screen, an active window, a fixed region or a customize one.
2. Offer extensive custom options related to hotkeys, recording, output, etc.
3. Add gameplay commentary with face and voice to screen recording easily.
4. Edit and add text, paintings, shapes and more on your screen recording.
Step 1: Download and install the Fraps Screen Recorder alternative. You can launch the program on your computer. If you want to change custom options, go to the Preferences dialog to choose the desired video quality, video format and more others for the gameplay videos.
Step 2: After that, you can select the Record Screen option from the main interface to open the menu bar. Then you can tweak the desired recorded area, or even enable the Microphone option and the Webcam option to add the gameplay commentary.
Step 3: Click the REC button and play the game, open the software or play a video you need to record. The menu bar will turn to a floating box. The Pen tool will bring up video editing tools, like text, shapes and more. You can add them on your screen recording in real time.
Step 4: When gameplay recording is complete, click the Stop icon to save it to your hard drive. Go to the Media Library window and you will get all your screen recordings and screenshots. To upload them to social media, select the file and click the Share icon to choose the target channel.
Just learn more about what Fraps Screen Recorder is and how to use the program to capture gameplay videos. If you just want to capture full screen simply, Fraps may be a good choice. WidsMob Capture is one of the best alternatives of Fraps Screen Recorder for Mac. It is not only easy to use, but also provide extensive custom options and bonus functionalities. If you have other problems, please leave a message below this post and we will reply it as soon as possible.