MOV is the QuickTime media container format, which you can play the video format with any media player on your MacBook and iOS devices. How about the MOV viewers for Android and PC? What are the recommended media players for the QuickTime format?
The article shares top 8 best MOV viewers for different platforms, such as Windows, Mac, Android and iOS devices. Just learn more about the review for the best MOV players for all platforms from the article and choose the desired one accordingly.
WidsMob Viewer Pro is a versatile MOV viewer that supports most of the file formats, including photos, videos and audio files. It also enables you to group and manage the media files in different folders. Moreover, you can also add photos to favorite folder or convert them in a batch process.
1. Browse and view MOV, MP4, HEIC, JPEG, PNG and other media files.
2. Group and manage the media files between different folders with clicks.
3. Add photos to a favorite folder for a batch process or create a slideshow.
4. Share different photos and videos to social media websites directly.
1. There is a watermark for the exported media files within the trial version.
2. Limited features for the video editing and slideshow making.
MPlayerX for Mac is a simple and powerful MOV video viewer with FFmpeg and MPlayer. It plays the videos from YouTube, Vimeo, and more other online streaming sites. Moreover, you can also use the Apple Remote, Remote Buddy, and Sofa Control services to control your MPX.
1. Allow you to change and tweak the size of subtitles when viewing MOV.
2. View the MOV videos and audio tracks without extra plugins or codec.
3. Detect and convert the encoding method of the subtitle files automatically.
4. It will recognize videos automatically and output the raw DTS/AC3 stream.
1. Lacks of some video editing and manage features, such as video playlist.
2. The retina display is not available on Mac older than Mountain Lion.
DivX Pro Player is a desired MOV player and viewer within the DivX Plus HD toolkit, which includes a video converter and a web player. As a media player certified by DivX, you can transfer media files between different devices and connect to the Cloud storage with ease.
1. Support MOV video and other video files with H.264 or AAC codecs.
2. Allow to full control the MOV playback, such as rewind or fast-forward.
3. Easily access videos from Google Drive, Dropbox and more others.
4. Compatible with AC3 codec, DTS-HD audio with improves sound quality.
1. Do not include the codec related to flash files, such as SWF and FLV files.
2. Cannot process all the video codec for the MOV files.
5KPlayer is another MOV viewer integrates a plus codec pack that supports 4K, 5K, and HD videos. It is a mixture of free HD video player, music player, DLNA & AirPlay enabled media streamer and online downloader. It is a new style MOV player that you can enjoy a great audio-visual experience.
1. Play MOV files in 4K, 1080P, 360 HD videos, DVD and radio files with ease.
2. Integrate with wireless stream media files via AirPlay & DLNA as desired.
3. Built-in a music player, a video player as well as built-in radio player.
4. Download the online video files from YouTube, Dailymotion, Vimeo, etc.
1. Need to sign in with your personal information to download MOV player.
2. Stutter in playing MOV files when using fast forward or rewind button.
VLC for Android is a popular MOV viewer with extensive useful features. It supports different video formats of files and audio formats. It enables you to stream videos and synchronize files over a wireless connection. Moreover, the Android version also offers a media library.
1. Open source and totally free of charge MOV viewer and player without ads.
2. Decode and play all the video and audio format for your smartphone easily.
3. Integrate a wide range of bonus functionalities for MOV playback process.
4. Support audio and subtitle synchronization and the cloud storage.
1. The interface is not friendly and beginners cannot master it quickly.
2. It lacks some features as a MOV player, such as media library.
AllCast for Android is the desired MOV viewer that enables you to view photos, videos and more other files with ease. Moreover, you can cast MOV videos from your Android phone to Chromecast, Fire TV, Apple TV, Xbox 360 and more other devices within the application.
1. Compatible with a large number of devices running Android 4.0 and above.
2. Browse photos and videos as well as listen to music on Android smoothly.
3. The media casting functionality supports a wide range of target devices.
4. Search for devices on local network and check for the Wi-Fi status.
1. The free MOV viewer has a 5-minute viewing limit and contains ads.
2. Limited features without purchasing the premium version with full features.
Infuse 6 for iOS provides a beautiful method to watch almost of the video formats on your iPhone, iPad and Apple TV. The MOV viewer has a powerful streaming options, tract sync and unmatched AirPlay & subtitle support. You can have a precious controls and silky-smooth playback.
1. Files app integration to make it easier to get media and subtitles into Infuse.
2. Improved subtitles support, with 100% ad-free subtitles with OpenSubtitles.
3. Library data is now stored in iCloud, allowing for the syncing of metadata.
4. A revamped payback engine supports 4K HDR movies will play just fine.
1. The frequently update will charge full price for the new update versions.
2. Titles don't appear under the posters unless it is selected by the cursor.
MX Player for iOS is another versatile MOV viewer for iPhone, iPad and more other device. It a one-stop app that enables you to stream TV shows, web series, music videos, short videos and songs to multiple devices, such as Apple TV and Xbox with ease.
1. The MOV viewer is compatible with a wide range of media file formats.
2. Capable to play back your favorite movies directly from your Wi-Fi network.
3. It supports multiple subtitles, so you can choose or switch simply.
4. Play music while browsing content or in the background.
1. The lite version of MOV player limits 5 videos per folder.
2. Advanced features need to purchase in media player app.