MP4 is one of the most popular video formats, which is compatible with most of the media players. It is easy to find a MP4 viewer to playback the MP4 files on your Windows and Mac. What should be the best choice? If you just need to play the MP4 videos, you can simply use the default MP4 player, such as Windows Media Player or QuickTime.
If you have some special requirements, you need to use other MP4 viewers for your computer. Just take the iPhone for example; when you need to check the files from iPhone, QuickTime or Windows Media Player might not enough for you. Here are 11 best MP4 viewers you should know.
In order to access to all the media formats, including photos, videos and audio files, WidsMob Viewer Pro is the versatile MP4 player to view, edit and mange the media files with ease. Moreover, you can also make a desired slideshow according to your requirements.
1. Support MP4, MOV, AVI and most of the video, photo and audio formats.
2. Full control over the MP4 as well as the different viewing modes for photos.
3. Organize and manage media files between folders within your computer.
4. Create a slideshow based on your favorite files with different parameters.
5. More other bonus features, such as the batch conversion, rename, etc.
If you just need to play the MP4 files, here are 11 more MP4 viewers you can take into consideration. Learn more about the special features and choose the desired one accordingly.
Whether you are using Windows or Mac, VLC Media Player is always a free and open source MP4 viewer for most of the video formats. If you need an All-in-one video player, take it into consideration.
1. Playback the MP4 files and most of the video format without extra codec.
2. Support and view the online streaming videos and audio tracks directly.
3. Convert MP4 to other video/audio formats or vice versa with ease.
4. Lightweight program and not require much memory or processor power.
1. The graphical interface is bare bones and not easy enough for newbie.
2. Do not contain the media library feature that is necessary for MP4 viewer.
When you are using a MacBook, QuickTime Player is the default MP4 viewer to play video files. It is not only a simple MP4 player, but also includes more other excellent features you should know.
1. Record the desktop of your Mac computer as well as the connected iOS.
2. Provide some basic video editing features, such as split and merge.
3. More advanced sharing features to sync the MP4 files to social media sites.
4. Export the video or compress the files to a desired size with easy process.
1. Compatible with limited file formats, lack of DivX, WMV, MKV and more.
2. Cannot play SRT subtitles and limited in video editing features.
RealPlayer is a free MP4 viewer that is available for Windows PC. It not only supports the MP4 files from the local folder, there are enhanced options to share the MP4 videos through the cloud service.
1. All-in-one video solution MP4 viewer, video downloader, converter, etc.
2. Share and sync the MP4 files into big screen, such as the HD TVs.
3. The built-in media library makes video management easy and quick.
4. Allow you to share your favorite videos for social media sites with ease.
1. Only a pack of toolkit and you cannot use the video viewer separately.
2. It is very large and may slow down your computer as well as Internet speed.
KMPlayer is another versatile MP4 player that supports MP4 and more other media formats. If you need some MP4 player to full control over the subtitle and customize the user interface, it is a nice choice.
1. Support MP4, MKV and more other media files, including DVD and VCD.
2. Capable to decode damaged AVI videos and locked media files easily.
3. Great picture and audio quality to have a nice audio-visual experience.
4. Support the 3D video files from both the local folder and online streaming.
1. Slow in loading and playing video files compare to the other MP4 viewers.
2. Download extra programs on your computer, such as OpenCandy to PC.
BS. Player is a MP4 Player with advanced features, which you can adjust the video, audio, subtitle, keyboard and more other parameters to enjoy the MP4 video files with a high quality with ease.
1. Utilize hardware acceleration technology with a smooth video playback.
2. Support for the capture and tuner device to capture the video files.
3. Sync MP4 videos on larger screen via the Chromecast functionality.
4. Play the YouTube online streaming or even save the files to local disk.
1. The Chromecast support is still experimental and contains minor bugs.
2. Limited playback features and others for the MP4 viewer free trial version.
Just as the name of the 5K Player, the media player supports most of the media files with a high quality of MP4, whether it is a file from the local folder, or the one from the online streaming sites.
1. Contain a set of excellent features, like media library, downloader and more.
2. Video editing features to rotate the MP4 videos and add desired subtitles.
3. Allow enjoying 5K, 4K, VR360 and Ultra HD videos, and various audio files.
4. Built-in with free AirPlay and DLNA media wireless streaming solution.
1. It is a complicated MP4 viewer that difficult to manage the files with ease.
2. The fast-forward and rewind buttons work not very well as desired.
Splayer is an open source featured-rich MP4 viewer with GPU acceleration. It supports some key features, includes auto-matching subtitles, GPU usage optimization, startup speed, ease of use and elegant interface.
1. Excellent in MP4 video playback with a pretty smooth speed and control.
2. Adjust various custom options to get personalized visual experiences.
3. Compatible with a large number of media formats covering video and audio.
4. Optimize and enhance the start up speed to playback the video easily.
1. It will install some extra program, such as the Open Candy with the tool.
2. Has some serious issues for the audio playback relates to the hardware.
GOM Player is another free MP4 viewer for Windows PC. It is featured to play the broken media file and find missing codec using a codec finder service. The peer-to-peer video streaming is another add-on service you can try.
1. Play MP4 and more other video and audio files without extra codec packs.
2. Support to playback the broken AVI files and find the missing video codec.
3. Make playlists for your favorite music and movies according to your needs.
4. Allow adjusting audio channel, aspect ratio, screen size and more others.
1. The popup ads are annoying for the free version MP4 viewer and player.
2. The latest version is a bit bulky and difficult to manage with ease.
When you need to get the desired subtitles for the MP4 files, ALLPlayer is the desired MP4 viewer you can take into consideration. It supports for the movie search, radio, computer reader and parental control.
1. Play any kind of media files, including videos, audio files and more others.
2. The built-in subtitle engine will search for subtitles automatically.
3. Use your own codecs for movies by reset custom options with ease.
4. Search for the desired movies and TV series within the MP4 viewer.
1. The standard setup of the free MP4 viewer includes extra software.
2. Some menus do not translate fully for the auto searching method.
Total Video Player is a MP4 viewer for most of the media files, such as the 1080P videos, CDs and DVDs. It is a relatively lightweight application with some advanced and useful features.
1. Integrates hardware acceleration support to play MP4 file with ease.
2. Full control video and audio, DVD and CD playback completely.
3. Offer extensive configuration options to adjust the video playback.
4. Capture the desired screenshot for the video playback process.
1. The free version does not offer some advanced features.
2. It is a little difficult to mange the program with the old style interface.