How to record the onscreen activities of your Windows 10? When you need to record some gameplay files, video tutorials, or even online streaming videos, what should be the best screen recorders for Windows? The article composes 10 best video recording programs to capture screen, record audio and take snapshots. Whether you are a beginner to try some free screen recorder for Windows, or use the professional methods for social media channels, you can always find a suitable one from the article.
In order to get some professional video tutorials for your product, or even capture the gameplay video, you have to choose some professional screen recorder for Windows 10.
WidsMob Capture is a professional screen recorder for Windows and Mac, which enables you to capture video, record audio, take snapshot and add webcam overlay. Moreover, it also adds annotation, markup, mouse effects and more other elements to the recording file.
1. Select the desired recording area or choose the fixed region as desired.
2. Capture system audio, microphone as well as other professional devices.
3. Add annotation, draw on the recording, or even tweak different parameters.
4. Additional features to set up video, record countdown, media library, etc.
Camtasia Studio is an all-in-one screen recorder and video editor for Windows. It has the advanced features create stunning recording file, such as combine, trim, split and adjust the speed of the video clips. Also, you can also add titles, animations, transitions, highlights and more others.
1. Capture crisp video and audio, or record webcam to add a personal touch.
2. Customize the animation, effects, transitions, annotations, callouts, etc.
3. Choose from the library of royalty free music, sound effects, more others.
4. Add quizzes and interactivity and turn your presentation into a video.
1. Lack embedding and course-creation features for the similar products.
2. Cannot record the screen or audio file with a schedule-recording feature.
3. It cost much more than the other screen recorders for Windows 10.
When you need to create some interactive recording videos, MadCap Mimic is the screen recorder for Windows 10 that you can send with texts, image effect, shapes and more others. Moreover, you can also seamlessly integration with Flare for further editing.
1. Advanced and multi-layered vector based image editor and effects.
2. Support for single sourcing screen and print oriented image formats.
3. Ability to reproduce the position and dimension of previous region capture.
4. Excel at annotation and editing, such as combine two different images.
1. Reliance on Flare to take full advantage of the features of the program.
2. Complicated user interface that requires a steeper learning curve.
3. Some of the features, such as Edge effects are not fully implemented.
Adobe has a responsive screen capture for Windows, which you can easily create videos, HD product demos and responsive application simulations. If you need to build up an e-learning service that deliver HTML-5 based content, it should be the best choice.
1. Create a single responsive screen capture project that play across devices.
2. Generate the automatic screen capture with smart full-motion recording.
3. Edit video with transitions, smart shapes, audio files, captions and more.
4. Integrate with Adobe Captivate Prime, as well as the other LMS with ease.
1. It is precise that any careless will cause an alarmingly tricky instead.
2. Need to clean up the large media library of Captivate retains content.
3. High-definition video exists outside the regular Captivate file.
FullShot Screen Capture is another professional screen recorder for Windows. It enables you to bring your screen capture at your fingertips. You can take advantage of the "Save All Images" command, which enables you to save all your captured images in a single operation.
1. Easy to capture the recording screen with buttons on the window title bar.
2. Take multiple screen captures, each capture one within a separate window.
3. Support advanced concurrent video recording of multiple screen captures.
4. Provide some post-capturing and image-editing functions for the recording.
1. It is difficult to capture the desired part of your Windows preciously.
2. Cannot set up a color depth of a captured image to a specific value.
3. Provide the basic screen recording features than other screen recorder.
If you just need to record some videos for onscreen activities for personal use, you only need free screen recorder for Windows 10/8/7, here are the 5 most recommended one you should know.
In order to record the screen with a high quality, iSpring Free Cam can be a nice screen recorder for Windows. It comes with built-in audio and video editor that you can use to edit the recorded files with ease. It does not have any watermark for the output videos.
1. Ease to use screen recorder for Windows, without any virus or ads.
2. Record video in full screen, customized part or locked application.
3. Basic video editing features to cut, trim unwanted part from video.
4. Share the recording files to social media websites directly.
1. Cannot record webcam, take screenshot or add annotation tools.
2. Lack of the video editing features or only export the recording as WMV.
3. Need to subscribe the free version to take full advantage of the program.
Jing is only another basic free screen recorder for Windows. When you need to get a simple video for your screen, it is a good option. The user interface is simple and fun to use, and most of the help and support is provided in the form of short web-based video tutorials.
1. 5 available drawing tools to add shapes, texts, annotations and others.
2. Shared captured image directly to emails, blogs, Twitter posts and more.
3. Web-based support materials including video tutorials for beginners.
4. Easy user interface that enables you to record screen video with ease.
1. Need to set up an account on screencast.com to use the sharing feature.
2. There is no window that enables you to manage the video recording.
3. Difficult to capture screen regions precisely according to your requirements.
Ezvid Video Maker is another free screen recorder for Windows 10. Just within some clicks, you can record the Windows screen to create a high-resolution movie. Moreover, you can also add title, description, keyword and other meta-information to your recording.
1. Allow you to save the output video or create slideshow with the capturing.
2. Provide advanced audio recording as well as voice synthesis features.
3. Enable you to add webcam recording and on-screen annotating with ease.
4. Upload the recording video or slideshow to YouTube website directly.
1. The screen recorder for Windows only supports recording up to 45 minutes.
2. There are limited customizable settings for recording the computer screen.
3. Need to save the recording to your computer for uploading for other sites.
When you need to record a video tutorial for a program, you need to zoom in or zoom out while recording, Icecream Screen Recorder is a screen recorder for Windows take a place on the list. The screen recorder for Windows also enables you to record or take screenshots.
1. Capture or record the desired part of the Windows screen with ease.
2. Provide zoom in and zoom out features when recording the screen.
3. Record gameplay video, video chatting, live streaming and other activities.
4. Draw shapes, lines and figures, add watermark and more other elements.
1. It only enables you to record the videos up to 10 minutes free of charge.
2. Provide the basic the video recording and video editing features and filters.
3. Limited configuration settings to tweak the desired parameters for recording.
OBS Studio is always a free screen recorder for Windows 10 alternative you can take into consideration. It is able to record microphone and webcam directly while capturing desktop screen. Of course, you can also find other features, such as audio mixer, themes, filters and more.
1. Record games incorporate footage from games and add in existing videos.
2. Great selection of source options that optimized for the gameplay files.
3. Work with multiple source and mix between them to create a seamless one.
4. Support for Twitch, YouTube, hitbox.tv, DailyMotion, beam.tv and more.
1. The interface is too much complicated to master, especially for beginners.
2. It is difficult to set the configuration as the other Windows screen recorder.
3. Take a large space and resource to save the videos with a high quality.