What should be the default video viewer for your computer? If you need to choose a video player for your Windows or Mac, what is the best choice? How to browse the media files with ease? In order to view the video files with a high quality and control over the video with ease, here are the top 10 best video viewers you should choose.
WidsMob Viewer Pro is an All-in-one video viewer that enables you to view all photo and video formats within the program. It provides the basic filters and editing features to touchup the files. Moreover, you can group and manage the media files between different folders with ease.
1. Support most of the photo and video format without another media player.
2. Group and manage the media files via the thumbnails with different folders.
3. Full control over the video playback and audio volume with easy process.
4. Create a desired slideshow file based on the favorite photos you choose.
Step 1: Download and install video viewer
Once you have installed the video viewer, you can launch it on your computer. You can double click any media file to open the program, which is able to load all the media files within the same folder.
Step 2: Play the videos and view the photos
Click the triangle in the middle of the video viewer to playback the video files and view the photos in desired modes. Moreover, you can also apply filters, add to favorite or further edit the files.
Step 3: Manage and group the media files
After that, you can enter the thumbnail to view the media files within different folders. Just drag the video files or photos to the desired folder or remove them from the original one with ease.
Besides WidsMob Viewer Pro, here are 9 more video viewers for Windows and Mac you can take into consideration. Just learn more about the features to choose the desired one accordingly.
Plex Media Library is much more than just a video viewer. It is a full media service that manages, organizes and plays any video files as well as music, photos. In addition to local video files, it also supports online streaming.
1. Build up a desired media library with the videos and movies with ease.
2. Compatible with iOS, Android, Roku, Chromecast, Xbox, Win, Mac, etc.
3. Support MKV, AVI, MP4 and more other photo files and video formats.
1. It is large and takes a lot of resources and a long period of time to start.
2. It does not work with Apple TV, or difficult to sync the files between devices.
As the native video viewer for Mac, QuickTime comes free and packed to every Mac machine. It offers the basic video editing functionalities as well as a screen recorder that you can take Mac screen as well as the iOS devices.
1. More advanced sharing features to sync the videos to social media sites.
2. Provide some basic video editing features, such as split and merge.
3. Support Retina HD videos and audio playback with a high quality on Mac.
1. Support only a limited video formats, such as MP4, M4V, MOV and others.
2. Cannot play SRT subtitles and limited in video editing features.
MPV is a simple, open source and cross platform video viewer. It enables you to find the basic playback control on the minimalist UI. Moreover, it supports a wide variety of media file formats, audio and video codecs, and subtitle types.
1. The video viewer integrates a variety of video and audio codecs.
2. Color management, frame timing, interpolation, HDR, and more.
3. Leverage most hardware decoding APIs on all platforms with ease.
1. It does not offer many custom options and advanced effects.
2. Lack of a media library, you cannot manage your videos.
UM Player is an open-source video viewer for both Mac and Windows, which is rich in custom options and full playback controls. It has attractive design user interface and various tools perform in a comparable fashion.
1. Built-in Shoutcast application worked perfectly when activated.
2. Play most of the media files, including videos and audio files.
3. It will search and download subtitles online automatically.
1. UM Player may crash when playing HD videos or large videos.
2. The interface looks outdated without updates.
MPC is one of the most popular and lightweight video viewers, which provides efficient performance with low storage space usage. Moreover, the program also integrates diversity of tools and customization elements.
1. It supports a wide selection of video files, audio formats and media codec.
2. Have a full control over the output range, color, GPU and more others.
3. Download the subtitles for a specific video and add it to the video directly.
1. It is not compatible with Mac or Linux, which works for the Windows only.
2. Cannot control the video quality and more other parameters.
KM Player is a customizable video viewer to process, decode and output video and audio files. It relies on hardware acceleration technology to offer smooth media playback.
1. It is able to decode and play damaged AVI, locked video or missing files.
2. Support file video and audio without the need to install additional codecs.
3. Offers menu of advanced settings that allows you to adjust any parameter.
1. Support limited video formats, such as MKV, AVI, MP4, WMV and OGM.
2. It will download extra program, such as OpenCandy when installing.
PotPlay is another feature-rich video viewer and player, which enables you play favorite audio and video files in almost any file format. It is a specialized media player tool that gives an ultimate media playing experience.
1. Compatible with almost all media formats and built-in extensive codecs.
2. The GPU acceleration support improves the audio-visual performance.
3. Provide goodies can be accessed via the main menu or the context menu.
1. Difficult to manage and master and limited help file in the video viewer.
2. The default video renderer does not perform very well for playback.
As one of the most popular video viewer, VLC Media Player lets you view virtually any video files or audio tracks on your computer. Moreover, it is able to play online streams and convert the video files with ease.
1. Support of the video formats, optical disc as well as the online streaming.
2. Control the video playback with onscreen buttons or keyboard commands.
3. The built-in audio equalizer allows you to boost the sound without distorting.
1. Lack of a media library for managing and editing music and audio files.
2. Some features are too complicated to perform for the beginners.
SM Player is a highly efficient video viewer for both PC and Mac. You can easily view media files of any format, including DVD and Blu-ray with the program. Moreover, the Chromecast support is on the table too.
1. Provide a smooth and high quality video and audio playback.
2. It will remember playback position and start from the point next time.
3. It is able to search subtitles online and add to your video automatically.
1. The installer is bundled with some extra files, such as the OpenCandy.
2. Compatible for the latest version only, do not work with old computers.