Last Updated on March 11, 2022 by Peter Wood
Apple plans to release the five-generation Apple TV next year, and Tim Cook said there’s ‘something big on the way for Apple TV. Many people guessed that Apple is planning a new programming guide interface that can run across multiple video content services. Although many users do not like the default screen saver of Apple TV, the complicated setup makes them confused. If you read this article, you can customize the screensaver of Apple TV with your photos easily. If you are confused with the photos as an Apple TV screen saver, you can also learn more about the save-the-date photo ideas.
Many Apple TV users did not know to stream digital photos saved on their computer as Apple TV screen savers. Before that, I have to introduce an app called Home Sharing. It can share iTunes libraries across Home Sharing-devices over the WI-FI network. After authorized Home Sharing-devices with the same Apple ID, we can transmit photos between the Apple TV and other devices. Therefore, if we want to utilize Home Sharing to set up an Apple TV screen saver, we must turn on this app on both Apple TV and our computer. Turn on Home Sharing on your Apple TV.
1. If your Apple TV is fourth generation, you can navigate to Settings, open Accounts, and then select Home. While if your Apple TV is a prior model, you can find an option in Settings in Computers.
2. You can select Turn on Home Sharing.
3. The app will ask you to sign in Apple ID.
1. Open iTunes on your computer. If you did have it, you could download and install iTunes for Windows or Mac on Apple’s official website.
2. Navigate to File on the menu bar at the top of the iTunes interface.
3. Then select Home Sharing and tap on Turn On Home Sharing. If you cannot find the menu bar, you can use the hotkey of Control+B to activate it.
4. There will be a pop-up window that introduces the basic features of Home Sharing. Click the button on the bottom left to confirm turning on it.
5. The service will ask you to type in the Apple ID. Remember that you have to input the same Apple ID with Apple TV.
6. Click on Turn On Home Sharing to continue after authorizing.
7. If the Home Sharing is on, iTunes will inform you. And you can tap on Done to finish this process.
1. Open iTunes on your computer and keep the Home Sharing service turned on.
2. Navigate to File on the top menu bar and choose Home Sharing. If your Home Sharing is on, Choose Photos to Share with Apple TV will be available.
3. A new window will pop up after clicking on Choose Photos to Share with Apple TV... Check the box of Share Photos from and open the drop-down menu. Then you can choose any folder on your computer to stream photos.
4. If you want to select and change the Apple TV screen saver later, you can check All photos, albums, events, and faces or Selected albums, events and faces.
5. Tap on the Apply button on the bottom right after selecting.
6. Then it turns to your Apple TV. Navigate to Settings->General->Screensaver->Type->Home Sharing. If your Apple TV is a prior model, you have to navigate to Settings->Screen Saver->Photos.
7. At that time, you can select any photos you like and stream them from your computer.
8. Finally, tap on Set as Screensaver, and then Yes to confirm your decision.
Remember that your computer should be on and awake during the whole process. As you can see, the above process is a little long and needs your patience. But the result is that you can have a personalized Apple TV screen saver. Therefore, the whole process is worthwhile.
If you are an Apple TV user and have an iPhone or iPad, you can also customize your screen saver with the photos in iCloud. And you can save images from iPhone as an Apple TV screen saver.
1. Before setting up an Apple TV screen saver, make sure to save photos from iPhone or iPad to iCloud.
2. Then open your Apple TV, and navigate to Settings on the main menu screen.
3. You will find the iCould option and tap on it.
4. Apple TV will ask you to Sign In your Apple ID. So follow the guidance and type in your Apple ID and password.
5. The users having two-step verification need to confirm it through a 4-digit code.
6. After verifying, you can visit the iCloud Photo Settings.
7. Turn on iCloud photo stream; then Yes to confirm it. Then it allows you to stream your photos in iCloud Photo Library as an Apple TV screen saver.
8. Relocate to Settings->Screen Saver; then click on Photos.
9. On the sub-menu of Choose Photos, you can find iCloud Photos available.
10. Click to enter; you can select photos in iCloud to set as an Apple TV screen saver.
Following the words above, we can customize our Apple TV screen saver with the photos on PC or iPhone. To use other stunning images, you can also save Instagram photos or use a Snapchat photo saver to download some gorgeous images as an Apple TV screensaver accordingly.
If you want to organize 30 years of photos, you have a daunting job. There is no doubt that many people choose to delay it. Looking through all those photos is time-wasting, especially for Mac users. You need to open and close an image with Preview per time. Maybe your Mac computer will crash before you organize photos on Mac successfully. During this time, you can turn to WidsMob Viewer for help. It can be your best way to organize digital photos on Mac in 2022. Here’re some features you can get from this Mac photo organizer.
1. Folder-based image viewing experience: Once you add an image to WidsMob Viewer, you can preview all photos in one window within this folder directly.
2. Various photo viewing modes: The thumbnail mode can show you all images in thumbnails. You can view photos in different folders in the library mode. If you want to preview the image in full screen, you can enter into the slideshow mode. The favorite mode allows users to get desired photos. And the EXIF mode can show you detailed photo information.
3. Wide support of image formats and RAW format cameras.
5. Superfast speed: View thousands of photos at a fast photo viewing speed.
Step 1: Launch WidsMob Viewer. You can click + next to Library in the top left corner. Add the folder that contains your messy pictures from multiple sources.
Step 2: You will be in the Thumbnail mode by default. Move the slider near the bottom to adjust the size of thumbnails. You can scroll up and down to quickly browse those photos before organizing digital images on a Mac computer.
Step 3: To enlarge a picture, double-click on it and enter it into the main interface. You can see all the unorganized photos at the bottom. You can choose Enter Full Screen from the View drop-down list to enter the Full-screen mode. Thus, you can get a large display screen for digital photo organization and press Esc on the keyboard to exit it whenever you want.
Step 4: There is a small five-pointed star icon on the lower right corner. Click it to add this photo into the Favorite folder. You can access all your favorite images by clicking the square icon on the right side of the Favorite icon.
Step 5: In the Favorite folder, choose Select All from the Edit drop-down list. You can unfold the Batch list to batch rename, convert or resize photos if necessary. Then you can click the Export icon near the bottom to organize images in a folder.
Note: You can repeat the above steps to organize photos digitally on Mac into different folders. There is a quick way to sort out images with WidsMob Viewer. You create a folder on the desktop with a theme. You can drag any photo from Viewer’s interface to this folder directly.