Apple plans to release the five-generation Apple TV next year; and Tim Cook said there’s ‘something bigger’ on the way for Apple TV. Many people guessed that Apple is planning a new programming guide interface that could run across multiple video content services. Although a lot of users do not like the default screen saver of Apple TV, the complicated setup makes them confused. Actually, if you read this article carefully, you could customize the screensaver of Apple TV with your photos easily. If you are confused with the photos as Apple TV screen saver, you can also learn more about the save the data photo ideas.
A lot of Apple TV users did not know that they could stream digital photos saved on their computer as Apple TV screen saver. Before that, I have to introduce an app called Home Sharing. It is developed to share iTunes libraries across Home Sharing-devices over WI-FI network. After authorized Home Sharing-devices with the same Apple ID, we can transmit photos between the Apple TV and other devices. Therefore, if we want to utilize Home Sharing to set up Apple TV screen saver, we must turn on this app on both Apple TV and our computer. Turn on Home Sharing on your Apple TV.
1. If your Apple TV is fourth generation, you can navigate to Settings, open Accounts, and then select Home. While if your Apple TV is prior model, you can find it in Computers, which is an option in Settings.
2. Then you can select Turn on Home Sharing.
3. The app will ask you to sign in Apple ID.
Turn on Home Sharing on your computer:
1. Open iTunes on your computer. If you did have it, you could download and install iTunes for Windows or Mac on Apple’s official website.
2. Navigate to File on the menu bar at the top of iTunes interface.
3. Then select Home Sharing and tap on Turn On Home Sharing. If you cannot find the menu bar, you can use the hot key of Control+B to active it.
4. There will be a pop up window that introduce the basic features of Home Sharing. Click on the button on the bottom left to confirm that you want to turn on it.
5. Then the service will ask you to type in the Apple ID. Remember that you have to input the same Apple ID with Apple TV.
6. Click on Turn On Home Sharing to continue, after authorizing.
7. If the Home Sharing is turned on, iTunes will inform you. And you can tap on Done to finish this process.
When the Home Sharing is ready, we can start to customize Apple TV screen saver with the photos on our computer.
1. Open iTunes on your computer and keep Home Sharing service turned on.
2. Navigate to File on the top menu bar, choose Home Sharing. If your Home Sharing is turned on, Choose Photos to Share with Apple TV will become available.
3. There will be a new window pops up, after click on Choose Photos to Share with Apple TV.... Check the box of Share Photos from and open the drop-down menu. Then you can choose any folder on your computer to stream photos.
4. If you want to select and change Apple TV screen saver later, you can check All photos, albums, events, and faces or Selected albums, events and faces.
5. Tap on the Apply button on the bottom right, when you have finished selecting.
6. Then it turns to your Apple TV. Navigate to Settings->General->Screensaver->Type->Home Sharing. If your Apple TV is prior model, you have to navigate to Settings->Screen Saver->Photos.
7. At that time, you can select any photos you like and stream them from your computer.
8. Finally, tap on Set as Screensaver, and then Yes to confirm your decision.
Remember that your computer should be on and awake during the whole process. As you can see, the process above is a little long and needs your patience. But the result is that you can have a personalized Apple TV screen saver. Therefore, the whole process is worthwhile.
If you are an Apple TV user and have an iPhone or iPad at the same time, you can also customize your screen saver with the photos in iCloud. And then you can save photos from iPhone as Apple TV screen saver.
1. Before setting up Apple TV screen saver, make sure that you have already saved photos from iPhone or iPad to iCloud.
2. Then open your Apple TV, and navigate to Settings on the main menu screen.
3. You will find iCould option and tap on it.
4. Apple TV will ask you to Sign In your Apple ID. So follow the guidance and typing in your Apple ID and password.
5. The users that have two-step verification need to confirm it through 4-digit code.
6. After verified, you can visit the iCloud Photo Settings.
7. Turn on iCloud photo stream; then Yes to confirm it. Then it allows you to stream your photos in iCloud Photo Library as Apple TV screen saver.
8. Relocate to Settings->Screen Saver; then click on Photos.
9. On the sub menu of Choose Photos, you can find iCloud Photos available.
10. Click to enter; you can select photos in iCloud to set as Apple TV screen saver.
Following the words above, we can customize our Apple TV screen saver with the photos on PC or iPhone. In order to use other stunning photos, you can also save Instagram photos or use a snapchat photo saver to download some gorgeous photos as Apple TV screensaver accordingly.
Rate This Post