Last Updated on December 16, 2021 by Jane Joe
Whether you need to record gameplay videos from game consoles or mirror the games from a smartphone, game recording software on Windows and Mac is always the best option to capture game videos with the original quality. The game recorders can capture the desired files with a large screen and high resolution and make sure you can play the videos smoothly without considering the RAM and storage space. Here are the 7 most frequently used gameplay recorders to capture the video with the high quality you should know.
WidsMob Capture is a game capture program to record the screen video, webcam file, microphone audio, system sound, and snapshots. It enables you to tweak the settings, edit the files and manage the recorded media.
1. Record gameplay video with the original video quality up to 60FPS.
2. Add gameplay commentary with files from a webcam and a microphone.
3. Apply watermark, add annotation, mouse clicks, shapes, and more.
4. Share to social media, trim the files and save directly to the hard drive.
Step 1: Download and install the game recorder, launch the program on your computer. Then choose Record Screen to open the game recorder window. If you wish to customize video format, hotkeys, and others, you can go to the Preferences dialog.
Step 2: Make sure to enable the Record Area option and tweak the recording region based on your game. If you wish to add your reactions to the game recording, turn on the Webcam option and the Microphone option to add your voice and selfie to the game recording.
Step 3: Click the the REC button and play your game to start the gameplay recording. Once the gameplay recording process has finished, you can click the Stop button to save the recording to your computer. Go to the Media Library window to manage all the recordings.
OBS Studio is a popular gameplay recorder for amateurs, partly because it is an open-source project. It means that everyone can use it for free. Moreover, it can stream your screen and gameplay on YouTube and Twitch.
1. Record gameplay on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
2. Stream screen and game to YouTube and Twitch.
3. Add your face and voice to the game recording.
4. Support game recording on external devices.
1. The learning curve is higher than some game recording software.
2. Some users reported the crash issue.
Bandicam is another game recorder software to capture gameplay videos with ease. It is a reliable and stable screen recorder with a game mode that takes fewer resources when recording games on a PC.
1. Provide different game recording options.
2. Lightweight and easy to use.
3. Record high FPS games without lag.
4. Apply webcam overlay while recording the game.
1. It is only available to PC but has no Mac compatibility.
2. There is no editing tool with a watermark to recordings.
AMD ReLive, now called Radeon Adrenaline, allows you to capture gameplay with AMD Radeon Series. Recording gameplay is easy to configure and has minimal impact on in-game frames per second.
1. Produce high-quality gameplay recordings.
2. No watermark or recording length limit.
3. Capture your face and gameplay at the same time.
4. AMD users can get the game recording software for free.
1. Custom options are limited for recording gameplay videos.
2. If you do not have AMD, you cannot use the game recording software.
If you use Windows 10, you are lucky as it has a built-in game recorder. Game DVR was the game recorder for Xbox One previously. Now Microsoft has added it into Windows 10.
1. Record gameplay on Windows 10 in full screen.
2. Take screenshots when recording the game.
3. Include a game mode for capturing gameplay videos.
4. Free to use with no watermark or installation.
1. It is only available to Windows 10.
2. It cannot add your face and reactions to game recording.
QuickTime Player is the built-in media player on Mac computers. In addition to video playback, it provides many features include game recording. Therefore, you can record games on Mac with QuickTime directly.
1. Free to use without any limit.
2. Support both internal and external microphones.
3. Save gameplay recordings in high-quality videos.
4. Record gameplay on iPhone.
1. It lacks video editing functionalities with limited formats.
2. It cannot capture webcam while recording gameplay on the Mac.
NVIDIA ShadowPlay, now known as NVIDIA Share, offers easy gameplay recording, live streaming, and more functions. If you have a PC with a modern NVIDIA graphics card, it is an option to record gameplay videos.
1. Record gameplay automatically or control game recording with hotkeys.
2. Capture games on consoles, like PS 4 and Xbox One.
3. Optimize game settings based on your situation.
4. Stream gameplay from PC to other devices.
1. It is only working on PCs with NVIDIA hardware.
2. It cannot edit game recordings.
Here are the 7 best game recorders on your PC and Mac to capture gameplay videos with the original quality. You can choose the free game recorders, such as OBS Studio, or choose a professional one with more functions for game recording, like Bandicam. Here is the most appropriate game recorder according to the introduction and review. WidsMob Capture, for example, is not only easy to use but also able to produce high-quality game recordings without lag.