What is Keepsafe Photo Vault App and How to Hide Photos
Last Updated on March 22, 2023 by Peter Wood
Keepsafe Photo Vault is one of the best photo vault apps that keeps your pictures private and out of reach of anyone who would intrude in your private files without your permission. It has accumulated over tens of million downloads. Is it safe to use Keepsafe to hide and lock photos on your iPhone or Android phone? The article shares a brief review of the Keepsafe, including the basic features, advantages, drawbacks, and how-to. Just read the unbiased review to make a decision.
- Part 1: A Brief Review of Keepsafe Photo Vault
- Part 2: Best Keepsafe Photo Vault Alternative for PC/Mac
- Part 3: FAQs about Keepsafe Photo Vault
Part 1: A Brief Review of Keepsafe Photo Vault
What Keepsafe Photo Vault is? Just as mentioned above, it is a photo vault app for smartphones. It enables you to preserve special memories, family photos/videos, and protect the copies of your credit cards, ID cards, and more other files with ease.
Basic Features for Keepsafe
- Store any photo and video on iOS and Android devices.
- Back up photos and albums to prevent data loss.
- Custom albums to group photos into different categories.
- View private photos and videos on full screen or slideshow.
- Capture photos within the Keepsafe app on iPhone or Android.
- Share and send your private photos for a limited time.
- Sync your private photos across mobile devices.
Keepsafe Premium Features:
- Lock particular albums with individual PIN codes.
- Store up to 10,000 photos and videos to Cloud.
- Compress photos and videos after backup to cloud.
- Recover photos when you delete them by accident.
- Remove ads and improve your experience.
- Set a specific image as an album thumbnail.
Brief Review of Keepsafe
- Easy user interface to hide or lock photos and videos with ease.
- Support different photo vault methods, such as Pin and fingerprint.
- Advanced security level to lock the photos to ensure safety.
- The backup features and others are available to a premium version.
- The ads in the free version are annoying when you hide the photos.
- Limited storage space of smartphones might limit the backup files.
How to Use Keepsafe on Mobile
Keepsafe Photo Vault is a useful app for Android and iPhone users to hide private photos and videos. If you decide to use it on your handset, follow the guide below to master it quickly. Just take how to use Keepsafe photo vault on your Android phone as an example.
Step 1: Download and install Keepsafe photo vault from Google Play or App Store to your smartphone. After that, you can launch the photo vault app to lock and hide the photos and videos.
Step 2: For the first time, it will ask you to enter the PIN passcode used to lock your photos and videos. Moreover, you can enter your major email address to restore your PIN code when you forgot it.
Step 3: Once you enter the app, it is time to add your photos and videos. Tap the Menu icon and choose Add Pictures to open your photo gallery. You can go to your photo gallery and tap the Share icon.
Step 4: Whenever you want to unhide your photos, select them in the Keepsafe app and tap the Unhide button. Only for the correct password, you can view the photos within the photo vault again.
Part 2: The Best Keepsafe Alternative for PC
Keepsafe Photo Vault is a great method to lock and hide your photos on your mobile devices. The limited storage space of your smartphone is always a major restriction. What should be the best alternative to Keepsafe photo vault to hide and lock smartphone photos on PC or Mac? WidsMob MediaVault is a desired photo vault to keep personal photos from others.
- Hide and protect private and sensitive photos and videos in one click.
- Lock and hide photos and videos with military-level encryption, AES-256.
- Browse the photos in thumbnail and full-screen or playback the videos.
- Create albums for storing and manage files between different albums.
How to Use the Alternative to Keepsafe for PC/Mac
Step 1: Set up the Keepsafe for PC or Mac
When you want to protect photos, you can download and install PhotoVault on your computer. Launch the program and enter and re-enter the password and click the Done button to confirm. Just write down your password since it is the only way to access hidden photos.
Note: To reset the security level and other options, click the File menu and choose the Settings option, which you to set up the different security levels for the program.
Step 2: Add photos you want to lock and hide
Click the Import Files button or the Import Folder button to import the photos and videos. Once you have imported the media file, right-click the Add To Album option or the Add To Favorites option to transfer to the desired album. You can also click the Star button to add to the favorite folder.
Step 3: View locked photos in slideshow mode
When you want to view the hidden photos or videos, go to the folder in the alternative to Keepsafe. Just double click the file to browse it in full screen. Moreover, you can go to the View option to view the photos in actual size, fit-in, zoom in and zoom out.
Note: In addition to viewing locked photos, the photo vault also shares personal photos via email directly. All you need to do is to select all desired photos and click the Email icon near the top right corner.
Part 3: FAQs about Keepsafe Photo Vault
Yes. Keepsafe has a feature to sync the content across your devices if the private cloud is enabled. Once you have used the same primary verified email address to log in to the photo vault account, you can always get the private photos and videos accordingly.
Keepsafe Photo Vault supports JPEG, GIF, BMP, TIFF, 3GP, M4V, MKV, MOV, MP4, WebM, and even PDF file formats. When you need to hide some HEIC photos or HEVC videos taken by iPhone, you have to convert HEIC to JPEG or other file formats beforehand.
Yes. Secret Door is a Premium Feature on Keepsafe. It allows you to disguise your Keepsafe app as a calculator or a virus scanner. It is only available to Android devices only. This will bring up the PIN screen where you can enter your code and access your Keepsafe gallery.
Just learn more details about what Keepsafe is, whether it is worth to use, and how to use it. If you have some sensitive photos on your Android phone or iPhone, Keepsafe app is available to download in Play Store and App Store. As for your PC or Mac, you have to find an alternative to Keepsafe Photo Vault, such as WidsMob PhotoVault.