In order to preserve the details for the captured images, you should take a shot with RAW format. What should be the best RAW photo editors to touch up photos? Can you edit the RAW files online? Is there free RAW photo editing software to retouch the photos?
It is the ultimate review of the RAW photo editors, whether you need to edit the photos online, or even on computer, you can learn more about the special features for these RAW photo editors. Choose the desired one according to your requirement now.
In order to edit the RAW photos from DSLR cameras, RAW photo editors on Windows and Mac are the most recommended ones. Just check out the paid version as well as the free ones as below.
WidsMob Portrait Pro is always the best RAW photo editor for portrait images. It not only supports the basic portrait enhancements, but also includes the skin management and portrait make up features.
1. Apply and custom the portrait retouch presets to edit photo in batch.
2. Take full control over the skin touchup area, tone color and enhance.
3. Enhance the portraits for shine, smile, cheek, eye, nose and more.
4. Natural makeup for blush, lipstick, contacts and eye color/line/shadow.
1. Remove the noise, fix the JPEG artifacts and other photo imperfections.
2. Adjust and tweak the color parameters, contrast, saturation, tint and more.
3. Apply the LOMO effects, color opacity, vignette, fisheye and others.
4. Add analog film effects, contrast, film grain and other stunning effects.
Adobe Photoshop CC is one of the most creative RAW photo editors, which enables you manage and edit the photos with multiple layers, correct the lens profile, and even use the Creative cloud package with ease.
1. Multitude of the photo correction and manipulation tools to touch up photos.
2. Rich set of drawing and typography tools, filters, effects and 3D modeling.
3. Face aware liquify to detect, touch up and manipulate the portrait with ease.
4. Support Canon, Nikon, Kodak and other RAW files from DSLR cameras.
1. Unparalleled optical correction that match your camera and lens easily.
2. Essential automatic settings and DxO smart lighting features.
3. Selective edits and intuitive controls directly on the RAW files.
4. Apply Nik collections with more than 40 brand new creative presets.
When you need to edit the photos from DSLR camera, cloud service and computer, CyberLink PhotoDirector is a suitable RAW photo editor if you are shooting in a studio or creating a stop motion animation.
1. Advanced layer editing features to create layer groups, clipping mask, etc.
2. New AI style transfer tools to recreate the style of a particular drawing.
3. Provide a selection of skin smoothing and body shaping tools.
4. Edit and manage the photos within the copy of the RAW files.
GIMP is an open source free RAW photo editor and RAW converter. It has the basic editing features, such as select, crop, brush, filters and more. But you can flexibly extend the functions by a huge number of plugins.
1. Touch up images with cropping, noise reduction, color adjustment, etc.
2. Provide layer management, brushes, filters and enhancement tools.
3. Extend the functionalities with 3rd party plugin within an easy process.
4. Support most of the photo formats, including Canon and Nikon cameras.
Just as the name of the RAW photo editor, RAWTherapee enables you to remain the original RAW files and all the changes are applied until you export the RAW photo you are editing and enhancing.
1. Tweak the white balance, exposure compensation, lightness, contrast, etc.
2. Processing profile to apply tool settings to the associated photo in one click.
3. Multiple threaded algorithms for high performance, or even batch process.
4. Controls over the algorithms with fine tuning parameters and curves.
As another free RAW photo editor, PhotoScape includes image-viewing algorithms, batch-editing process, in-built screen capture tool and dozens of filters and effects to enhance the photos with ease.
1. Provide a series of photo editing tools to edit and enhance photos.
3. Apply multiple filters instantly to get a satisfied photo within one click.
4. Compatible with the RAW images and even work with the GIF files.
Photivo is another free and open source RAW photo editor, which you can handle RAW files as well as the bitmap files in a non-destructive 16 bit processing pipe with GIMP workflow integration and batch mode.
1. Reduce noise, sharp and local contrast, or even fake-HDR within clicks.
2. Provide a workflow together with digiKam/F-spot, shotwell and GIMP.
4. Key word search functions that enable you to quick locate a feature.
DigiKam is a free RAW photo editor available on Windows and Linux. It enables you to edit the RAW photos with color correction, enhancement, transformation, adding effects, adding text to photos and more.
1. Organize the photos with different viewing mode, assigning tags and more.
2. Facial recognition that enables you to make a tag and further edit the file.
3. Apply color balance, saturation, red-eye removal, levels and others.
4. Export the photos to local computer or share them to social media sites.
If you do not want to download some extra RAW processors to edit the photos, the online RAW photo editor can be a nice choice, which you can view, edit, enhance and export the photos with a high quality.
Polarr is one of the most popular photo editors for different platforms with amazing features. The free RAW photo editor is also a light weighted photo editor with only 15MB as the Chrome plugin.
1. Face detection and advanced face-editing features to software selfies.
2. Import multiple photos for editing or export edited photos in batch.
3. Integrate over 100 high quality filters for creating special photo effects.
4. Provide custom options to tweak and create your own filters with ease.
As the online RAW photo editor, Fotor supports the most popular RAW files from different DSLR cameras. Besides the basic editing features, you can also design logos and create photo collages with ease.
1. Upload photos from computer, Fotor account and social media sites.
2. Provide the basic photo editing features, like crop, resize, rotate, flip, etc.
3. Basic portrait touch up features to soften selfies or faces in your photos.
4. Create photo collages with your pictures using the custom layouts.
Picditor Photo Editor is another free online RAW photo editor that edit the photos without download extra program. But the basic photo editing features are only suitable for the amateurs or newbies only.
1. Adjust contrast, brightness, exposure and other parameters in clicks.
2. Enhance photos to fix red eyes, noises, fuzzy colors and unbalanced color.
3. Special photo effects are good choices to create personalized pictures.
4. Layer management to edit and enhance pictures with ease.
If you have a large amount of RAW files online, you can take advantage of Ribbet Photo Editor to open and edit the photos at any time you want. The online RAW photo editor has a concise interface that easy to navigate.
1. Provide Cloud storage to back up the pictures and every editing step.
2. Edit photos with special frames, textures, filters and effects with ease.
3. Basic touch up features to edit the photos, resize, crop and auto fix.
4. Create photo collage with a large number of templates and layouts.
piZap Photo Editor is another popular RAW photo editor that enables you edit the RAW photos from your computer as well as the Facebook album. But you should find the limited editing features for the online tool.
1. Provide plentiful stickers, frames and elements to decorate your pictures.
2. Tweak and integrate extensive fonts with different sizes, colors and styles.
3. Apply dozens of fun filters and effects for creating unique photos.
4. Design your own emoji and photo collages with the online photo editor.
The article shares the best RAW photo editors available for Windows, Mac and online. To further adjust a picture with excellent quality, you should use the photos in RAW format. All that you need is a professional RAW photo editor that helps you out within clicks. Just choose the desired one from the article, and then download it to learn more details.