If you are satisfied with your photographers, in order to use the stunning photographs, someone may want to pay for them. In order to sell photos online, you should learn more detail about the process and the websites. The article explains every in detail for make profit of your photographs online. If you have any question to sell photos online, you can share the information with us in the comments.
Just as the other products, you can sell photo online from your own websites as well as third party websites. And then if someone is browsing the stunning photo gallery and find the favorite photos they like, he will purchase the photographs online accordingly.
Currently, the biggest customers of online photography are bloggers, website owners and small business owners. Every post created by bloggers, small business marketers or website owners for social media updates needs an appealing image. And our research found that there are a few categories in demand.
1. Photos of people.
2. Pictures of travel.
3. Images of cities.
4. Photos of work situations.
5. Photos of products.
6. Animal pictures.
7. Landscape images.
8. Special photos, like close-up photos, panoramic pictures and more.
To learn about how to sell photos online, you should grasp these popular photo categories first. And if you have an excellent camera, you can totally do this. To beginners, we suggest you to look at the most popular images on the website where you want to sell you photos.
Even though you have a professional digital camera, you need a photo editor to create the best photos possible. And that plays a key role in resolving the problem of how to sell photos online successfully. From this point, we recommend Photo Denoise. As it name said, it is a professional photo editor to reduce and remove spots, blemishes and more. The biggest advantage is to deal with imperfect photos in batch.
Step 1: Import photos
Launch the photo editor and click on the Import button at bottom left corner to load the photos you want to sell online. It also supports drag-and-drop command.
Step 2: Reduce noise
The software will analyze the noise on the loaded images automatically. You can reduce noise by adjusting the values of Luminance and Chrominance on left side. And the Sharpness feature is used to enhance the details on the images.
Step 3: Soften faces
If you are processing photos of people, Photo Denoise is able to wipe blemish and wrinkle from the photos with Face Soften function.
Step 4: Export photos for selling online
Finally, press the Save button to export de-noised photos to hard disk or hit Share to sell photos online directly.
It is a great option to sell photos online on your own website. You can build your own independent online photography brand. And more importantly, you can keep of all sales to your own pocket. In order to start the business, you can make website with WordPress and download Sell Media Plugin instead.
1. Once you decide the domain of your website, you can set up on WordPress or use your own codec to build website.
2. If you are using WordPress, you can use multiple plugins to sell photos online with ease. A plugin like Sell Media can be installed and setup easily, allowing you to start profiting from your images immediately.
3. And then you can watermark photo with your logo with Photo Converter, or even simply add your name to the photographs. The program also helps you to make photos smaller.
4. Blogging can help you sell photographs online. You can blog about your everyday life as a photographer, the business of photography or anything that allows you to showcase your image in an interesting way.
5. Before you start the business, make sure everything runs well. Just have a beta test to the whole procedure. Ask some friends to purchase the photos to have a try.
Of course, you can also upload them to the 3rd party website, and then you can share the sells with the platform. Usually the website will bring you some traffic to sell photos online, you can also have advertisements and have some promotion activities with these websites in order to make more profits.
1. Some 3rd party websites to sell photos online is also an online photo storage you can register the website or get an account of the website first.
2. Choose from the different licenses for different usage. Some websites provide affordable images to designers, business owners, authors and bloggers.
3. And then upload photos to the website, you can use website designs, blog articles, posters, flyers, book jackets, company reports, newsletters and pretty much any other use you can think of.
4. Just as mentioned, selling your photos through the 3rd party website or a stock agency, you do not have to worry about the traffic of the visitors. There are lots of people search for images on these sites every day.
5. You can also have some advertisements with the website or even have a promotion to earn more traffic of your shop in the website.
What are the best third party websites to sell your photos online? In this part, we will share 5 most profitable sites to sell your photos online.
500px Prime is a popular photography community that has attracted millions of photographers. If you list you photos on this site, you will receive 70% net for each license sold. A standard license on 500px Prime is $250. The operation of how to sell photos online is easy too. All you need to do is to submit you photos after registering a free account. And 500px is also a place to learn about professional photography skills.
SmugMug Pro offers 85% of the markup of your images. This attracted many photographers to subscribe a pro account, which starts at $12.50 per month. You sell a photo for $10.50; for example, the SmugMug default price will be $0.50. The markup is $10.00 and your profit is $8.50. And it offers a wider range of services besides selling photos online, like photo print.
Shutterstock uses a different pricing structure and offers variety monetization methods. You can upload photos or refer other photographers to make profit. If the photo is downloaded over 500 million times, for example, you can earn more than $300 million depending on the size of the photos. And if you refer a transaction, you can get 20% of the first purchase.
iStockphoto has an extensive network of content creators since founded in 2001. It has a professional team to review your qualifications. Compared to other open market to help you solve the problem of how to sell photos online, iStockphoto is more like an agency. After accepted by this site, you can receive 15% to 45% of sales. You can request payments up to twice per week with PayPal, Moneybookers or Payoneer Mastercard.
Fotolia is operated by Adobe and there are millions of buyers. If you sell photos on Fotolia, you can get royalties of 20% to 63%. These royalties will go to your account immediately without any threshold. Currently, this site has integrated into Adobe’s software packets, like Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, so you can upload photos from these desktop programs to the site directly. Payment is made via Moneybookers or PayPal.
There are more popular websites you should know, including Alamy, PhotoShelter, PhotoMoolah, Etsy, Can Stock Photo, 123RF, Dreamstime, FineArtAmerica, Snapped4U and more. In order to sell more photos online, you can cooperate with more websites to earn more money instead.
Of course, you’ll be paying a large commission on each sale for every image that you sell. These fees vary quite a lot between different sites and depending on the restrictions of the licenses you offer. Most sites offer between 20% and 60% royalty to the photographer per sale.
Actually you can combine both solutions to sell photos online as a photographer. To build your own site for selling these photos is a long-term solution. If you are a famous photographer, you can enjoy lots of traffic everyday with ease. But you can also boost the traffic to sell photos online to 3rd party websites first. If the customers from the photo stock sites are satisfied with your photographs, they might visit your website later.
After that you can write some blogs or articles about the photos, or showcase your artwork to social media to get more traffic accordingly. Once you want to start the business to sell photos online as a photographer, you can follow the above steps to have a try. Just leave the website information in the article, we will visit the sites to find the stunning photos.