10 Best Video Vault Apps to Hide and Protect Your Private Videos on iOS and Android
Last Updated on March 22, 2023 by Peter Wood
What is the best video vault app to keep prying eyes away from private videos? It makes sense that marketers, hackers, and other people are all interested in your videos captured or stored on your mobile device. If you feel frustrated to find the best video vault app for your iPhone or Android phone, just read the top review from the article.
- Part 1: Top 5 Video Vault APPs for iOS
- Part 2: Top 5 Video Vault APKs for Android
- Part 3: Best Alternative to Hide Videos on PC/Mac
- Part 4: FAQs about Video Vault Apps
Part 1: Top 5 Video Vault APPs for iOS
The latest iOS version provides the method to hide your videos from Moments, Years, and Collections in your Photos app. However, the built-in hide feature is not enough to protect your privacy. Here are 5 more video vault apps for your iPhone or iPad you should know.
Top 1: KeepSafe
If you are looking for a simple method to protect your videos on your iPhone with a password, KeepSafe is the desired video vault app that enables you to create a fake password.
- Lock videos with PIN, fingerprint, and more.
- Back up and lock your videos on an iPhone.
- Built-in a private camera to capture videos.
- Contain annoying ads for the free version.
- Support limited video formats only.
Top 2: KYMS
KYMS is a high-level video vault app for iPhone, which utilizes military-grade encryption technology with AES Encryption to lock your videos, photos, and documents.
- Encrypt videos in FLV, AVI, WMV, MKV, etc.
- Include a photo editor to edit the photo files.
- Decrypt videos in the background.
- The private video recording feature requires a subscription.
- Do not support fingerprint or Face ID.
Top 3: Photo & Video Locker
Photo & Video Locker is another video vault app that is worth you using on iPad. It has a special design with an iPad in mind as well so as to provide the ultimate viewing pleasure.
- Place your videos into secret folders.
- Support unlimited video storage.
- Keep the original status of your videos.
- Use AES-128 but not AES-256.
- You can only set a four-digit PIN code.
Top 4: Video Locker
Video Locker is a video vault app for iPhone users to protect personal videos from intruders. Anyone cannot view your videos without your PIN password, even if using your iPhone gallery.
- Manage your videos in different albums.
- Create a PIN passcode to lock sensitive videos.
- Share videos to Facebook and more.
- Then encryption mode needs to improve.
- Some features require purchase in the app.
Top 5: Vault to lock photo & video
If your iPhone has limited storage space, Vault to lock photo & video is a recommended video vault app. It is able to store your videos in the cloud and protect them with a password.
- Support a long passcode.
- Create a fake account and password.
- Protect the resolution and quality of your videos.
- The free account only supports 20 videos.
- The subscription is expensive.
Part 2: Top 5 Video Vault APKs for Android
Android is an open system, which means that your data are easy to be leaked on Android. In order to protect the videos and photos on your Android phone, you should find the 5 recommended video vault apps for your device.
Top 1: LockMyPix Photo Vault
LockMyPix Photo Vault can encrypt and secure your personal videos and photos with military-level AES encryption. It is also a video vault app that enables you to fully control your media files on Android.
- Lock videos with PIN, fingerprint, pattern, etc.
- Hide unlimited media files, such as photos and videos.
- Support the photos and videos from SD cards.
- It cannot record intruders.
- To remove ads, you have to purchase the Pro version.
Top 2: Calculator Vault
Calculator Vault is far more a video vault app for Android, but also a private file manager. It protects your privacy by hiding videos, photos, notes, or even contacts on Android.
- Hide videos under a standard calculator.
- Import videos from the photo gallery for encryption.
- Share private videos via email, Dropbox, etc.
- No ways to export videos to a photo gallery.
- It contains ads when viewing the videos.
Top 3: Clock – The Vault
As its name said, Clock - The Vault is a video vault app that hides your videos and photos behind a standard clock app. So, others will not access your private videos on Android.
- Hide your videos with a private video locker.
- Lock anything from picture to video, from Wi-Fi to recent tasks.
- Support both PIN and fingerprint.
- It does not back up private videos.
- It may slow down your device.
Top 4: Vault
Vault is another video vault app that is designed to hide your private videos and photos on Android. You are able to find everything you need in a single app easily.
- Password protects personal videos.
- Back up hidden videos to cloud space.
- Offer a private browser.
- Require a lot of permissions.
- It is larger than other video vault apps.
Top 5: Hide Something
Hide Something is the video vault app that gives you full control of your private and personal videos on Android devices. Moreover, you can browse hidden videos on your desktop now.
- Support fingerprint, pattern, PIN, and more.
- Hide videos from any apps.
- Back up videos to Google Drive.
- It is not available to old Android.
- Some features need to purchase in the app.
Part 3: Best Alternative to Hide Videos on PC/Mac
WidsMob MediaVault is the best photo and video vault software for Windows and Mac. It uses advanced technology to protect and lock your media files. Moreover, you can browse, edit, manage and even share your private photos and videos. The custom options allow you to fully control the security and display of hidden media files. It not only encrypts the videos from a smartphone but also HEIC, JPEG, PNG, WEGP, and RAW files.
- Import and encrypt photos and videos into the video vault app on PC/Mac.
- Preview the videos and photos from iPhone or Android with all file formats.
- Manage movies, such as rotate, edit, delete, combine, and more features.
- Sync the photos and videos you have taken with your iOS device directly.
Step 1: Once you have installed WidsMob MediaVault, you can launch the program on your computer and set up the password. It enables you to import photos and videos from iPhones or Android phones to the program.
Step 2: To preview the videos within the program, you can adjust the audio volume and other parameters. Moreover, it easily views all your secret videos and pictures on MeidaVault easily without any limitation.
Step 3: When you need to group and manage the videos, you can simply right-click the video, choose the Add To Favorites option, or the Add To album option to manage the private videos from your smartphone.
Step 4: If you need to find the desired videos, you can simply enter the keywords of the video to get the desired file. Click the Sort button and choose the Order by Name option or other options to find the video easily.
Part 4: FAQs about Video Vault Apps
Connect your smartphone to the computer and enable file transfer to open a file explorer app. Navigate to the DCIM directory and create a folder as hidden. You can create an empty text file and rename it to nomedia. After that, move the photos you wish to hide into the hidden.
The Secure Folder is a feature of Samsung Galaxy, which allows you to keep private pictures, videos, and apps in a secured folder. You can lock the folder as well as hide it on your Samsung phone. It is included in Galaxy S7 and S7, Galaxy A3, and Galaxy A5.
Archive photos and videos is a new feature in Google Photos on Android phones. This will hide them from your Android Gallery directly. You can access photos and videos in the Archive folder under the Library option in Google Photos accordingly.
When you need to protect your videos on smartphones, you can learn more details about the 10 best video vault apps from the article. You may capture some videos for fun, but they can provide a lot of information and your privacy. Fortunately, the best video vault apps shared above can help you to hide or password lock your personal videos on your iPhone or Android phone.