Last Updated on November 15, 2021 by Peter Wood
The iCloud in your iPhone enables sync automatically your most recent 1000 photos or the last 30 days of pictures to all Apple devices via iPhoto. Those images are stored in the My Photo Stream album by default. And since 2015, iCloud has had a new feature called iCloud Photo Library, which can keep all your photos. You can access to what is iCloud photos library to learn more information. Hence, to some extent, iCloud Photo Library replaced Photo Stream. It seems that Photo Stream has no point but occupies storage space on your iPhone device.
Your iPhone may be simply running out of storage space, especially when you install some game apps, store videos as well as photos on your mobile device. So, it is time to delete Photo Stream to free up your iPhone space. Continue to read. And you can know multiple methods to remove Photos Stream.
WidsMob Media Viewer - View single image, multiple images, folder-based images, and videos in incredible fast speed and simple operation with various viewing modes. You can browse all your photos (including RAW files) and videos in one window without extra clicking and operating.
When you take photos with your iPhone, you can always find them in Camera Roll and My Photo Stream. The Photos Stream album contains 1000 duplicate photos that will waste nearly 1GB or even more capacity on your iPhone. Just learn the following simple steps to delete the Photo Stream picture.
1. Open the Photos app on your iPhone or iPad by tapping on the Photos tab on your screen.
2. Go to the My Photos Stream album and then click on the Select button in the upper right corner.
3. Check the photos you wish to remove. You can delete batch photos from Photo Stream at once by tapping on each image you want to erase.
Note: It will take a while to batch delete photos from Photo Stream.
4. Hit on the trash bin icon in the lower right corner and then click on Delete Photos.
In addition, photos you deleted from Photo Stream are still showing up in Camera Roll. If you no longer want those photos, you can delete photos from your iPhone or your iPad. Also, you can disable Photo Stream rather than delete Photo Stream pictures from iPhone or iPad.
Photos Stream can be a nuisance since you already have iCloud Photo Library. Fortunately, you can delete the Photo Stream album to release space on your iPhone and iPad. You can go to know how much space Photo Stream takes up by several steps as below:
1. Go to Settings on your device and find General.
2. Click on Usage on General.
3. Select Photos & Camera. Then you will see the footprints of Photo Stream.
Let’s delete Photo Stream folder right now.
1. Head to Settings on your device and go to iCloud. Then click on the Photos tab.
2. Turn off My Photo Stream. Make sure the toggle button turns from green to gray.
3. Click on the Delete button in the popup menu.
At this point, you can wait for few seconds and then refresh your Photos. The My Photo Stream album will disappear. Also, all of the photos inside are gone. Except for erasing the Photo Stream album on your iPhone and iPad, you can also obtain more detail about how to delete photo albums from your iPhone.
Just as mentioned, if you have iCloud Photo Library, which enables you to store all of the photos without limits as long as you have the iCloud storage to support it. The storage of iCloud sync with any device. Thus you must know how to clear up iCloud space and avoid paying for extra storage. You can free up iCloud storage space by deleting Photo Stream in iCloud.
1. Launch iPhoto app on your computer and connect with your computer.
2. Click on the iCloud button in the left column to browse all of the photos stores in iCloud.
3. Go to My Photo Stream and select images you would like to delete.
Note: If you wish to delete photos in a Shared Photo Stream, you cannot remove the ones not belong to you.
4. Right-click on the photo you want to erase. Also, you can select multiple images at a time through a control-click.
5. Tap on Delete from My Photo Stream in the drop-down menu.
You can acquire more specific information on how to manage iCloud Photos in the best way. If you need to delete Photo Stream on Apple TV, iPod touch, Mac, or any Apple device, you can try this approach.
If you have synced your iPhone photos to your computer, you can use WidsMob Viewer Pro to delete your photo stream. WidsMob Viewer Pro is an easy-to-use photo management software to help you organize, edit or delete photos on Windows 11/10/8/7 and Mac.
Step 1. Launch the program on your Mac and open a folder in the Library left panel. Then choose any folder and view others using four direction keys.
Step 2. You can browse all your iPhone photo stream in Thumbnail Mode. Move the slider below to enlarge all pictures. If you want to view a specific one, double-click it to view the detailed information.
Step 3. If you want to delete your iPhone photo stream, you can choose Edit in the toolbar and click Move to Trash. Click Yes to confirm to delete these photos. There is also a Trash icon at the bottom of the window. You can also click the icon to delete one photo at a time.
Note: Besides iPhone photo stream, WidsMob Viewer Pro can also help you manage your iPhone videos.
After knowing the usages mentioned above, you can delete photos from Photo Stream on your iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, and Mac. If you are a PC user, you can also remove photos from My Photo Stream. When you have any other queries about how to delete Photo Stream, you can feel free to share your comments in the article with us.