Photographs are the most important element in our lives. You will discover that we live in a boring world, if pictures disappear from this planet. When you open WhatsApp and talk to your best friends, you use images to make the conversation funny. When we move into a new house, we use photos to decorate the white walls. To catch up customers’ demands, many technology companies have released photograph services. Amazon photo is one of the most popular photograph services. And it almost coverage all features you need about digital photo storage and photo print. In this post, we will share our review of Amazon photo service based on our lab testing and millions of customers’ report.
Amazon Prime Photos is a cloud-based photo suite. If you have an Amazon account, you can use it for free. Its key features include:
1. Offer 5GB free storage for Amazon customers and unlimited free storage for Prime users.
2. Support to upload photos from both website and mobile apps.
3. Manage and view your photos on Smartphone, Amazon Echo, Fire TV and website.
4. Include Amazon Print service, which helps you to make standard photo prints, photo books, photo gifts, and more. And you can enjoy free delivery. The 4×6 photo prints start at 9 cents.
5. Contact to customer service when you encounter any problem.
1. Amazon Photo service covers a wider range of features, from photo storage to photo prints.
2. You only need to register an account to use the free photo storage.
3. The photo print service is cost effective.
1. Amazon Photo only offers 5GB free storage, if you are not a Prime user.
2. The print service has limited options compared to other professional print services.
If you want to learn more photo storages or photo print services, you can get the best Amazon Photo alternatives below.
Google Photos is one of the most popular services to store digital photos. Its main features include:
1. Off free unlimited photo storage for photos less than 16MB and videos no more than 1080 resolution.
2. If you want to upload pictures in full size, the free storage capacity is 15GB. And you can pay for $1.99/month or $9.99/month to get 100GB or 1TB.
3. This Amazon Photo alternative integrates Google AI technology to recognize, search and manage photos quickly.
4. You can upload photos from website, Gmail and mobile phones.
5. The built-in photo editor offers most basic picture editing tools.
6. And most online photo print services accept photos from Google Photos.
1. The unlimited storage is convenient for Smartphone owners.
2. Google announced that its machine learning technology is included into the editor.
1. It has size limitation for the free photo storage, so your photos are not uploaded in original quality.
2. You have to view ads to exchange free storage.
Apparently, iCloud Photo Library is the best Amazon Photo alternative for iOS users. Its basic features include:
1. Apple offers 5GB free storage for each user to backup pictures and videos in iCloud Photo Library.
2. This Amazon Photo alternative has automatic sync feature, so it is more convenient.
3. Moreover, iCloud Photo Library allows you to manage, view, or download your pictures cross Apple devices, including iPhone, iPad, Mac computers and Apple TV.
4. It supports to share pictures to online print services, social media and email.
1. It supports to upload photos and videos in full resolution.
2. This native service works well on all Apple devices.
1. Many users complaint that the free storage is limited and the paid plans are much expensive.
Unlike Amazon Photo, Snapfish is a popular photo print service among both ordinary customers and professional photographers. Its basic features include:
1. The 4-by-6 prints start at 9 cents, which is the same as Amazon Print.
2. The print products include standard prints, photo books, calendars, photo cards, wall decorations, photo gifts and more.
3. You can book a photo product through website, iOS, Android or Windows phones.
5. Snapfish offer unlimited photo storage too.
1. Snapfish provides professional level photo prints, although the price is low.
2. It has a photographer community for photo sharing.
3. You can use the built-in photo editor to enhance you photos before print.
1. Snapfish does not support TIFF format.
Shutterfly is another well-known photo printing service online. Its principal features include:
1. The 4-by-6 prints are at least 15 cents, which is higher than Amazon Photo.
2. The benefit of Shutterfly is to offer a wider range of print options, including standard photo prints, photo cards, photo books, home decorations, calendars and personalized photo gifts, such as pillow, accessories, phone cases and more.
3. You can upload photos and make an order on website, iOS and Android phones, or social media.
4. And you can learn how to DIY photo products through the design studio blog.
5. Shutterfly also provides unlimited photo storage for printing online.
1. The prints quality is great.
2. Customers can get more delivery options, like pickup in store or ship to home.
1. It does not integrate photo editing tools.
Amazon is the most popular ecommerce brand and majority of American adults are customers of Amazon. And Amazon Prime is a paid subscription service offered by Amazon. In 2014, Amazon added Prime Photos to its website. Now, Amazon Photo has covered photo storage, photo print and photo display. Moreover, you can enjoy the Amazon Photo’s services on PCs, mobile phones, Echo Show and Fire TV. On the other hand, you can print your photos using Amazon Print service. Though it only offers limited photo print options, Amazon promised they would extend the products gradually. Plus, we also shared four Amazon Photo alternatives in the second part.
Rate This Post