Autopano Introduction and Top Alternative Programs to Create Panoramic Phogography
Last Updated on January 12, 2022 by Peter Wood
When we talk about stitching photos, there are many professional applications. Autopano is one such application. However, every program has some disadvantages. And many photographers usually prefer to explore more software tools to grasp more potential. Once you type the keywords stitch photos in any search engine, hundreds of results appear. It is a waste of time to try every one. An appropriate panorama stitcher is helpful when we create panoramas. But for different people, the definitions of suitable panorama stitching applications are different. Therefore, this article will introduce Autopano and its best alternatives in detail.
Part 1. Autopano Introduction
Autopano is one of the most popular automated photo stitchers. Although it is the first application to detect photos automatically, it does not mean it is perfect software.
1. It supports stitching HDR images.
2. Autopano could correct color and exposure differences between source photos automatically.
3. It is compatible with over 400 formats, including camera RAW files.
4. Autopano is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
1. Although the latest version allows users to customize the software with extensive plugins, it is not an easy-to-use application. The beginners have to learn for a while.
2. Since all tools show icons without any text, users have to guess their meanings first.
3. Users could enjoy a high speed; while it is slower than other applications when producing high-quality stitching.
4. Autopano is unstable under some conditions. When running on 8-core, for example, the lower speed makes it more likely to crash.
5. Users need to pay at least € 99 to use it after a free trial.
Here you can learn how to create your panorama photo with Autopano. It is as easy as the simple three steps from shooting overlapped multiple shots, importing images to Autopano, and stitching to exporting the stitched panorama file. Learn the detailed tutorial as follow.
Part 2. Best Autopano Alternatives
1. WidsMob Panorama
WidsMob Panorama is a photo stitching software. Compared to other photo stitchers, WidsMob Panorama could provide a seamless experience. And it also has an integrated algorithm. So photographers could do what they want to with this photo stitcher for amateurs or veterans. Here are more other useful features you should know.
1. This Autopano alternative could support Mac OS, including the latest version of Mac. Every photographer could enjoy it.
2. It has a free trial for beginners. So users could try it freely. The price is not as high as Autopano.
3. The embedded auto algorithm can help users select, stitch and adjust the photos automatically. For advanced users, it also provides the tools to stitch images manually.
4. Other tools are available in WidsMob Panorama, like effects, texts, watermarks, resolution, and so on.
5. This photo stitcher supports stitching photos to high-quality pictures, like gigapixel panoramas.
6. This Autopano alternative has four stitching modes, horizontal, vertical, 360o, and tile.
AutoStitch is another easy-to-use photo stitching software. Its auto-matching and recognizing abilities allow users to stitch pictures easily and quickly. The features of AutoStitch include:
1. It is compatible with Mac and Windows.
2. AutoStitch utilizes SIFT algorithm to organize disordered photos automatically.
3. And then align and blend the photos without any operation.
4. This Autopano alternative is free photo stitching software.
6. AutoStitch can stitch 2D images, but not 360 degree panoramas or spherical panoramas.
7. It supports stitching many photos with a simple click.
PanoramaStudio is a photo stitcher specialized in 360-degree panoramas and wide-angle panoramas. The big contribution of PanoramaStudio is to simplify the process of 360-degree panoramas creation. Its helpful features include:
1. The interface is easy to navigate.
2. This Autopano alternative can align the pictures automatically.
3. Users could enjoy the seamless blending experience and manual post-processing tools.
4. It provides more auto-functions like auto detect pictures, auto-correct lens distortions, and exposures.
5. Users could utilize hotspots to interact with 360-degree panoramas.
4. ArcSoft Panorama Maker
ArcSoft Panorama Maker is a simple panoramic image creator and viewer. Considering its friendly interface, it makes sense that ArcSoft Panorama Maker appears on the list of best Autopano alternatives. The basic features include:
1. It could read most photo formats and camera RAW files.
2. ArcSoft also can create panoramas from videos.
3. Users could utilize ArcSoft to convert 2D panoramas to 3D ones.
4. The embedded viewer plugin allows users to preview 360-degree panoramas.
PTGui may be a little complicated for amateurs, but it is a good alternative for advanced photographers. Considering its high price, PTGui is more appropriate for professionals. Its powerful features include:
1. The program is available on Windows and Mac OS.
2. It can process high-resolution images and create gigapixel images.
3. PTGui will not limit the number of photos imported.
4. This Autopano alternative supports almost all photo formats, including RAW files.
Based on the discussion above, photographers might grasp the pros and cons of Autopano. And if you expect more photo stitchers, this article also introduces some best Autopano alternatives. AutoStitch, PanoramaStudio, and ArcSoft have the ability to auto-creating panoramas. PTGui is a little expensive and has more extensive features. WidsMob Panorama offers powerful auto features and manual tools so everyone can enjoy it.