Last Updated on January 8, 2021 by Peter Wood
If you love traveling or prefer to take panoramic pictures, you might want to use a professional camera rather than smartphone. There are hundreds of camera brands and more cameras. Although some customer cameras and smartphones can take a panoramic pictures, you may want a professional panorama camera.
It is difficult to choose the appropriate panorama camera to help you take panoramic picture easily, considering there are hundreds of panoramic view cameras on market. It is impossible to try for everyone to find the appropriate panoramas camera. Therefore, this article will introduce some best panorama cameras and you can choose one according to your demands.
If you think it might be hard for you to buy a professional panorama camera, you can also choose a panorama camera app that can use on your iPhone or Android phone. Besides using panorama camera apps, you still can use a common camera to take a series of photos and stitch them together to make your panorama photography.
No matter which way you choose, you can find all the answers in this article. Just keep reading.
WidsMob Panorama is one of the most powerful photo stitching software to help you composite photos to panoramas vertically, horizontally, 360 degrees, and in tile. It offers you lots of customizing features to help you create your great panorama photography with align points adjustment, manually parts blending and panorama effects adjustment, etc.
Seitz is a Swiss camera brand. The Seitz cameras are designed exquisitely. Seitz devotes itself to expand the current borders in digital photography. And its new D3 scan technology gives this panorama camera the ability to take a 6x 17 image with 160 million pixels in one second.
1. The Seitz D3 sensor gives you a seamless experience with very high speed. Its read-out speed is 300 MB per second and exposure speed is 1/20’000 second.
2. Users could control the sensitivity through stage selection technology, and then the sensor could help to add sensitivity without lost quality.
3. Seitz 6x 17 Digital Panoramic could take the digital photo with a resolution of 21,250 pixels horizontally and 7,500 pixels vertically.
4. It also helps you to capture high-quality outputs. This panorama camera has a high dynamic range and could take a photo with 48-bit color depth.
Fuji is one of the most famous camera brands around the world. And Fuji GX617 is the most cost-effective panorama camera.
1. It has the top quality Fujinon lenses, including 90mm, 105mm, 180mm, and 300mm. That guarantees users could take high-quality panoramas.
2. Fuji GX617 adopts a die-cast aluminum body, so it is more portable.
3. It is equipped with a small lithium battery to run its electronic shutter; while you use it without a battery with the secondary shutter release attachment.
4. Although it has powerful features, its usage is simple than you thought. The one-touch spool loading makes it easy to operate.
5. It has a film-winding lever as well. This unique design could help users to hold stably when taking photos.
6. Fuji GX617 also has the excellent critical focusing ability, for it integrates the exclusive optional grid-lines ground glass attachment.
Linhof is a German camera brand. It started to produce cameras in 1899. And Linhof Technorama 617S III is the best Linhof panorama camera. This panorama camera could take panoramas in an extreme environment.
1. User could use 120 roll film to take 4 exposures per roll or 220 roll film to take 8 exposures per roll.
2. It supports to take the panoramas at an aspect ratio of 1: 3, which look more comfortable.
3. This camera system has five lenses and viewfinders to capture landscape, industrial and architectural photos.
4. Die-cast aluminum alloy body makes Linhof Technorama 617S III tough and portable.
5. The centrally mounted lenses could eliminate the horizon curvature, so the panoramic photos taken by Linhof Technorama 617S III are more natural.
Fotoman Camera is a Chinese camera manufacturer. The company was founded in 1993 and specialized in producing panorama cameras and large format cameras. Fotoman cameras are famous for high quality and professional level panoramic photos.
1. This panorama camera supports to take 6x17 panoramic photos.
2. The body is made of 6061 T2 aluminum alloy, so it is light to take.
3. It supports the 120 roll film and could take panoramic photos at a size of 56mm x168mm.
4. It can use a large format lens from any famous camera brands, like Fuji, Nikon, Rodenstock, Schneider, and so on.
5. The unique body design helps photographers hold it steady when taking photos.
Horseman has a long history and tradition to produce a large-format camera. And SW series is its super panorama camera product.
1. SW-617 could take an ultra-wide 6 x 17 cm panoramic photo with high quality.
2. It also has the ability of professional rendering, so users could hold it in their hands to take panoramic photos.
3. There are six dedicated lens units to help users to take a beautiful panoramic photo. And the range of the lens is from 72mm to 250mm.
4. It allows users to attach an optional ground glass back for critical focusing and com-positioning.
The Noblex series of panoramic cameras are made by Kamera Werk Dresden and in the same factory where Charles Noble ran KW from 1938. Noblex large format is revolutionary systems for professional panoramic photography.
1. Utilize a rotating lens drum with a consistent shutter gap to create a photograph corresponding to the natural perspective of the human eye.
2. While the scanning lens rotates, it exposes the film which is stretched over a precisely curved track to achieve a distortion-free super wide-angle photograph.
3. A wide range of exposure speeds begins with extremely fast and precisely adjustable shutter speeds and features continuous drum rotation for virtually unlimited exposure.
4. The world’s finest optical glass is used in the construction of the highest quality lens which makes super-sharp pictures on 60mm roll film.
5. A well-conforming and ergonomic design allows for fast and secure hand-held photography.
Tomiyama is a small-volume Japanese camera and photo-accessory maker which is best known for its Art Panorama series of 120 roll film panorama cameras. The first introduced model was the Art Panorama 240 in 1978 and followed by the Art Panorama 170 and Art Panorama 120.
1. Use 120 roll film to result in 3 exposures of 6x24 or 4 exposures if a 6x17 is used.
2. Has a fully removable rear cover and a dark slide to expose a focusing screen.
3. The top of the camera shows four could shoes, two set in line with the lens, and two set at 45 deg. angles.
The Hasselblad XPan II is a unique camera that takes great 35 mm shots with the famous Hasselblad quality and full medium format panorama pictures on the same roll of 35mm film.
1. Its panorama shots have medium format quality with image width equal to the shots produced by a 6x7 medium format camera.
2. Offer crisp panoramas right off the bat with its 45mm f/4 lens at a reasonable price.
3. Produce 24x65mm frames with a width and height ratio of 2:7 and shoot standard 24x36mm frames for quick snaps with a flick of a switch.
The Horizon Perfekt lets you shoot crystal clear photos that are bursting with color and detail thanks to manual settings that give you a new level of creative control.
1. Provide a multicoated 28p 28/2.8 glass lens with Swing-Lens technology.
2. Its ergonomic handle, sturdy body coat, wide-angle viewfinder, and a myriad of settings make it a contender in the panoramic camera field.
3. Built-in Pro Accessories such as bubble-eye level, tripod thread, cable release, and handgrip.
Panono is rated to be “Best of photographers” out of 8 360° cameras by the Wall Street Journal. It may not be a traditional camera design. However, the Panono 360° Camera is the only one of its kind in the field of panoramic photography with extremely high resolution, easy to use, and fully automated stitching.
1. It can shoot high-quality shots under difficult lighting conditions such as direct sunlight, cast shadow, or spotlight.
2. The Panono only has a single button on the top for turning on, turning off, and taking images.
3. Provide a Panono app to directly control Panono 360° Camera with public panoramas being explored and personal recordings being viewed, edited, and shared instantly.
The panorama cameras all have an excellent lens and advanced panorama technology. Seitz 6x 17 Digital Panoramic is a high-speed panorama camera. Fuji GX617 Professional and Fotoman 617 MKII-L are the most cost-effective cameras to take panoramic photos. Linhof Technorama 617S III, Noblex Pro 175 U, and Hasselblad XPan 35mm are the most durable panorama camera. And Horseman SW-617/Pro, ART Panorama 240, and Horizon Perfekt are more practical for capturing handheld. Last but not least, Panono 360° Camera may offer you a new way to capture panoramic photography with its simple and user-friendly design. Based on the introduction above, you can select a professional panorama camera for yourself.
If you are not specialized in taking panorama photography, a panorama camera may not suit you. You can just use a panorama camera app on your smartphone. Here you can choose the following panorama camera apps to take panorama photos on iPhone or Android phones.
The default camera app on iPhone and Android phone supports panorama shooting. Just hit start, keep the arrow level, and move slowly in a circle with your phone camera app, you will have a perfect panorama.
Panorama 360 is a panorama camera app to capture 360-degree quality panoramas, create Virtual tours, and watch 360 videos. This app is available on iOS and Android.
Sometimes you may want to stitch some photos that took by a common camera together to make a panorama, you can use WidsMob Panorama. It is a panorama creator for Windows and Mac, which adopts the advanced panoramic stitching algorithm to create a panoramic picture with auto grouping and auto stitching. With this software, you can take photos around and stitch them into a panorama without a panorama camera.
Step 1. Download and launch the program. Select photos that you want to make panorama by clicking the Add Photos button.
Step 2. Choose a panorama-stitch mode, such as horizontally, vertically, in tile, or 360-panorama. Then click the Next button to auto stitch photos into a panorama in a few seconds.
Step 3. Click the Fine-tune button to adjust the stitching points manually, select the desired blending part and place the red, yellow, and blue arrows in the same stitching points.
Step 4. Press the Save button to save your panorama photo and export it to TIFF, JPEG, and JPEG-2000 files in optimal quality.
In this article, we introduce you to the 10 best panorama cameras. And we also provide panorama camera apps for you if you do not so much eager to get a panorama camera for taking panorama images. You can also use a common camera to take several photos and stitch them into a panorama by yourself on your computer with WidsMob Panorama. Hope you can find your best option in this article.