Top 10+ Photo Sharing Apps and Sites
Last Updated on December 13, 2021 by Peter Wood
Taking photos has become an activity on a smartphone. According to a recent survey, most people share smartphone photos with friends and families. Social networks like Facebook allow people to use images to tell stories. But sometimes, we want to share pictures with close friends, but not publicly. It makes sense when some people steal personal photos on social media for commercial uses. We will identify and share the top 5 photo-sharing apps and best photo-sharing sites here. These photo-sharing apps allow you to store and post photos with friends safely.
WidsMob Media Viewer - View single image, multiple images, folder-based images, and videos in incredible fast speed and simple operation with various viewing modes. You can browse all your photos (including RAW files) and videos in one window without extra clicking and operating.
Part 1. Top 5 Photo Sharing Apps for iPhone and Android
Instagram has more than 100 million visitors per month, which should be the most popular free photo-sharing site. If you take photos and want to share them with your friends and followers, Instagram should be a good photo application. It can share your images on several social networking sites, such as Flickr, Facebook, and Twitter. What is more, you can also access some photo editing tools within the photo-sharing sites and apps. Its key features include:
- You can share photos and video clips on Instagram.
- The built-in photo editor offers many useful photo editing tools and filters.
- You can customize private settings and only allow certain people to see your photos.
- The Instagram app also allows you to post photos to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and other social media at the same time.
1. Instagram app is available in both Google Play Store and App Store.
2. It has extensive photo editing features.
3. This photo-sharing app is free of charge.
4. The interface is user-friendly.
5. Developer updates and releases new features frequently.
1. It has dimensions limitations and cuts your pictures automatically.
2. The Instagram app does not support Windows phones.
2. Google Photos
Photo sharing sites are a form of social network? Google Photos is the best social media site for you to share photos. Google Photos is previously known as Picasa and has more than 4.5 million visitors each month. And you can take Google photos as a social media channel to attract more traffic when you upload photos to the photo-sharing site and app. What is more, you can install Google Photos on a smartphone to upload photos from iPhone or Android device with ease.
This photo-sharing app could backup photos from smartphones to cloud servers automatically.
- The latest update has integrated a photo editor into the Google Photos app.
- You can share photos with friends and relatives using the Google Photos app privately.
- Users could post the photos to Google+ or use the Create link feature to share photos.
- The built-in facial recognition technology helps you search for specific photos easily.
1. Google Photos offers unlimited storage for free.
2. This app supports Android, iOS, and Windows phones.
3. It embedded Google’s machine learning technology.
1. The unlimited storage has photo size limitations.
2. You have to view ads to exchange free storage.
If you are a new mom, you will not want to share your kid's photos with strangers. The cluster could meet your requirements. Its key features include:
- A cluster allows users to create a private group and share photos.
- Only invited users could view and share photos of albums.
- If your friends or families post something new, you will get a notification.
- You can check who has viewed your photos and who has liked them.
- This photo-sharing app also has a web app.
1. It is a great private photo-sharing app.
2. You can protect your privacy from marketers.
3. This app supports organizing and managing photos in albums.
4. Cluster app is compatible with iOS and Android.
1. This app lacks photo-editing tools.
2. It cannot organize or group photos automatically.
If you are a photography enthusiast, you will find it helpful. It is a dedicated photo-sharing app for professionals. Its basic features include:
- Unlike private photo-sharing app, 500px allows you to post the best work to a passionate community and covers millions of photographers.
- It offers chances to be discovered by international brands by sharing your best pictures to themed photo quests.
- You can discover and learn photography knowledge in the 500px app.
- Users could follow their favorite photographers and get recommendations based your tastes.
- It has a built-in camera tool.
1. This app allows you to take high-resolution photos.
2. The interface is straightforward to find what you want.
3. It supports both iOS and Android.
1. It does not have privacy settings.
2. 500px app lacks photo-editing tools.
After the trip, you may want to share photos and video clips with your friends and look at their photos. Moments is a good choice to share photos in a group. Its basic features include:
- This photo-sharing app can group and organize photos based on facial recognition and date.
- It allows you to send multiple photos at one time with one click.
- The photos you and your friends shared will be stored in one private place for viewing in the future.
- You can look at these photos in a slideshow.
- It also supports posting photos and slideshows to Facebook.
1. All shared photos will store in full resolution.
2. Both iOS and Android handsets users could use it for free.
1. It does not have photo-editing tools.
Part 2. 8 Photo Sharing Sites You Can Take into Consideration
Compared to Instagram or Flickr, Imgur is not a photo-sharing site for photographers. If you are looking for interesting photographs, you can always find some fun photos on the website. It also includes Funny, Science and Tech, Gaming, Eat What You Want, Awl, and other topics. Tens of thousands of photos attract more than 87 million visitors each month. Just check some photos different from the ones taken by camera or smartphone.
Flickr is another popular photo-sharing site that enables visitors to preview photos without login. It has around 80 million visitors every month. If you want to store photographs taken with a camera, photo-sharing sites like Flickr are your favorite choice. And you can also tag photos with keywords, names that you can search through later. When you upgrade to a paid account, you can upload images of up to 200MB each, which is pretty substantial for photographs.
PhotoBucket has more than 60 million visitors each month. With the website, you can also turn them into bespoke products, such as canvas prints, towels, or mouse mats, among other things. PhotoBucket is a more than funny photo-sharing site that offers a great range of quality products. You can also access backup or edit functions. If you want to upload a few of your favorite snaps and turn them into fun, unique items, this is still a great site to do it.
Shutterfly has plenty of fun, color, and excitement to offer any photo fan. The photo-sharing sites enable you to share 10 files at once and make the whole process quick. What is more, you can also edit photos and order prints or produce some printings according to your requirements. It is not a photo-sharing site for professional photographers or anyone who wish to sync the images between devices. But it should be the best site to design some items that incorporate your photos.
TinyPic is one of the most popular photo-sharing sites and has more than 9 million visitors every month. It empowers you to upload images as well as video files. What is more, you can also enter the URL of the video or photos to upload the video files. And you can share your images and videos on MySpace, eBay, Orkut Scrapbook, blogs, and message boards. Of course, you can also find some funny photos with different categories from the website.
When you need to find some inspiring photographs, WeHeartIt can be one of the best photo-sharing sites. Once you enter the website, you can find stunning photos in different categories and download them to your computer. Of course, you can also enter the keywords to find the desired images. Compared to the other website, you can find the most popular photos for yesterday, last month, last year, or even popular pictures for a fixed time.
SmugMug is a fantastic storage area for digital snaps and videos. You can customize a SmugMug homepage to share photos and videos with friends, family, and prospective customers. The photo-sharing site and app have millions of loyal members around the world and 5 million visitors to the website. You can download the program through the Apple store or elsewhere. It also has a plug-in that allows other systems to sync with SmugMug, letting you transfer images smoothly.
When you want to print the uploaded photos, Snapfish is one of the photo-sharing sites that offers multiple printing services. The website has about 3.4 million visitors each month and is focused on the UK market, although there are links to other Snapfish websites. The most outstanding feature of Snapfish is the unlimited storage for photos. A niggling part of us thinks that if you upload 30 terabytes of images, they might have something to say, but otherwise, this is pretty generous for a free website.
Here we have introduced and compared 10+ best photo-sharing apps and sites available for iOS and Android devices. Instagram is an all-in-one photo-sharing platform with extensive privacy settings. Google Photos is one of the most popular photo-sharing apps and offers unlimited free photo storage. Cluster is a good choice for sharing photos with a small group and keeping images privately. 500px is the best photo-sharing app for photography fans. If you want to group and share a large collection of photos, Moments is the best choice. You can choose an appropriate one from the top list based on your demands.