Nowadays, we use smartphones and cameras to take much more photos than ever before. In order to store and share photos in good quality, you need some photo storage apps to save them. There are tons of websites or open sources to help us to upload photos and share links or explicit photos.
What are the best photo storage and sharing sites for you in 2020? The article will explain and compare the most popular online photo storage sites and services, you can choose one of them as your preference. Of course, you can share with us your moments with more detail.
Photobucket is an image hosting website that has more than 100 million registered users. It is one of the most popular online photo storage sites. It is a social rich platform with plenty of ways to share photos with specific friends and social networks. Just learn more detail about the different plans of photo storage app as below.
Free Plan: The free plan of Photobucket starts with the free 2GB plan. You can also get 8GB of free storage if you download the mobile photo storage app.
Paid Plan: And paid plan range from 99 cents per month with ad-free, 2GB option, all the way up to 500GB storage limit for 40 USD per month or 400 USD per year.
1. You can create and purchase prints based on the photos stored in Photobucket.
2. If you want to post pictures online, Photobucket will create a link for photo sharing.
3. You can access Photobucket in mobile app or web app.
4. Photobucket has integrated a photo editor with useful photo editing tools.
1. This image hosting service has all necessary features, including store, edit, print and share.
2. You can upload full size images.
1. The free account only allows to transferring 10GB photos per month.
2. Free accounts have to view ads.
Dropbox is not a dedicated photo hosting sites, but a file hosting service. It was launched in 2007. Today, it has more than 500 million users all over the world. Dropbox provides reliable and easy to use photo storage service. Except for photos, you can also upload any kind of files to Dropbox website. The service automatically and quickly syncs your files across all of your devices, so you can access everything, everywhere.
Free Plan: Dropbox provides 2GB free photo storage initially, and you can earn 500MB for inviting one friend you refer to Dropbox who actually signs up for the service, up to 16GB total, or 32 referrals.
Paid Plan: Dropbox only offers only one paid plan for the photo storage service. You can get a 9.99USD with1TB for one month or a 99.99 USD for a whole year.
1. It has desktop apps for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux, and mobile apps for iOS, Android and Windows phone.
2. You can use the streaming sync feature of Dropbox desktop app to sync large files at higher speed.
3. The auto photo-uploading feature in Dropbox mobile app could backup photos or videos from cameras, SD cards, tablets or smartphones to Camera Uploads folder in Dropbox.
4. To enhance security, Dropbox has released a USB security key for two-factor authentication.
1. Dropbox is compatible with a wider range of platforms and devices.
2. The photo hosting features are easy to use.
1. The free storage is limited and the price of pro account is higher than other photo hosting.
Flickr is a famous photo hosting and video hosting service. It was released in 2004 and acquired by Yahoo a year later. Currently, it has millions of users around the world. In order to get the largest photo storage space for free, you can use Flickr as the solution. There is a limitation for 200MB size for each photo or 1GB (3 minutes) for each video you upload to Flickr site. What is more, you can also upload and download images in full original resolution.
Free Plan: You can get a whopping 1TB of free photo storage, which is enough for 500,000 photos.
Paid Plan: Flickr offers two paid plans, one plan to remove the ads and the other offers 1TB more storage. The Ad free plan provides 5.99USD for one month or 50USD for one year. As for the more storage plan of the photo storage app, you can have 2TB with 499USD for one year.
1. You can use Yahoo account to sign in Flickr and enjoy free storage.
2. When it comes to client, Flickr has desktop app, web app and mobile app for various platforms.
3. You can upload full size images and download them at various resolutions.
4. It also offers online photo editing tools and tagging function.
1. Flickr uses image recognition to organize images automatically.
2. You can upload full size images.
1. The free account has to view ads.
Google Photos was rolled out by Google in 2015. Now, it already has 500 million users and store more than 1 billion pictures. It is my favorite photo storage plan. Compared to the other online photo storage services, you can enjoy not only the unlimited storage for photos and videos, but also multiple photo editing features of Google Photos. Here are the features you can learn about the photo storage app.
Free Plan: Just as the previous mentioned, you can enjoy a completely free photo storage space with a Google account. But if the plan will compress photos larger than 16 megapixels.
Paid Plan: With a Google account, you get 15GB of space for free, and you can pay for extra storage, either 1.99USD per month for 100GB or 9.99USD per month for 1TB.
1. Google has integrated artificial intelligence in to Google Photos, so it could recognize visual subjects and store the similar pictures in-group automatically.
2. You can access Google Photos in mobile app, which is available on both Android and iOS, or web app.
3. The new auto white balance feature will correct your uploaded images automatically.
4. Recently, Google added a book-printing service into this photo hosting.
1. It has a free unlimited storage with resolution limit.
2. You can enjoy its free features without viewing ads.
3. The facial recognition technology is awesome.
1. It does not have photo-editing tools.
If you have used Reddit, you probably hear of Imgur, which is the favorite image hosting service for Redditters.
Free Plan: Imgur allows users to store unlimited images.
1. You can create, edit and delete albums as you wish.
2. This photo-hosting tool will store the uploaded images forever until you request to delete them.
3. The Meme Generator feature allows you to create image macros with custom words.
4. The GIFV feature could convert animated GIF images into smaller size WebM or MP4.
1. You can enjoy unlimited storage.
2. It supports variety of image uploading methods, like drag-and-drop, URL and more.
1. The free account has upload amount limitation, no more than 50 images per hour.
OneDrive is the photo storage option of Microsoft. If you are using Windows 8 or Windows 10, you can find the photo storage app is built into the operation systems. When you have an account of Microsoft, you can find the different plans of One Driver.
Free Plan: Microsoft made an announcement offer unlimited cloud photo storage to Office 365 subscribers. And now you can get 5GB of free storage in 2016 if you have a Microsoft account.
Paid Plan: As for the paid plan, you can enjoy a 2USD per month for 50GB paid plan instead of its earlier offerings. It will also no longer let you earn free storage.
Just as the One Driver store photos plan of Windows, iCloud photo library is the cloud based photo storage service of Apple. You can access the service through the Photos app on iOS, Mac or online, where you can view and organize your photos.
Free Plan: For most of the iDevices users, it is familiar with the 5GB free storage. It should be much less than the other photo storage sites or photo storage apps.
Paid Plan: iCloud provides monthly subscription for different photo storage services with 0.99USD for 50GB, 2.99USD for 200GB, 9.99USD for 1TB and 19.99USD for 2TB.
Amazon Prime Photos is a powerful photo storage app lets you connect your library to third-party apps to order prints, edit the photos or create photo gifts. The photo storage online service is part of Amazon’s cloud storage service Cloud Drive. Learn more detail about the plans of Amazon photo storage service.
Free Plan: The photo storage online service provides unlimited photo storage and 5GB for video with Prime subscription. If you need to upload video files, there is a restriction with 2GB for each video file.
Paid Plan: Once you need to get the paid plan without any photo storage limitation, you can use the 3 months trial first. And then you can enjoy 12USD per year without subscription.
If you are not familiar with photo storage app ThisLife, you should know its manufacturer, the famous photo printing service Shutterfly. You can import and upload photos to ThisLife, and then organize them into albums (called Stories), cropped or shared.
Free Plan: The photo storage program provides unlimited uploads for as many images as you want at no cost. But it is impossible to upload video to ThisLife with free plan.
Paid Plan: In order to upload video to ThisLife as well, you need to subscribe some annual subscription with 60GB for 20USD/year, 30GB for $50/year, unlimited videos for $140/year.
SmugMug is professional photo storage and sharing site. This picture sharing service also offers photo editing, printing and even the ability to sell photos online. SmugMug can also help boost the visibility of your work. And here are the different photo storage plans of SmugMug.
Paid Plan: Actually unlimited uploads come standard for every SmugMug plan along with all the tools you need to create a beautiful photo site, share easily, and order personalized prints and gifts.
Basic plan has a 3.34USD month subscription charge, Power plan with a 5USD/month charge, Portfolio plan with a 12.5USD/month charge and Business plan with a 25USD/month charge.
Box is a professional photo storage app comes with lots of excellent features for business, including collaboration and file privacy control. What is more, you can also connect to Salesforce and NetSuite, so that you can easily save documents to Box. And then you can get more detail to learn more detail as below.
Free Plan: Compared to other photos storage app, you have a 10GB free storage restriction for all the photos as well as 250MB file size restriction for free plan of Box.
Paid Plan: There are three types of photo storage plans. The personal Pro paid plan with 15USD per month. The business plans have 6USD per month for Starter and 17USD per month for Business and custom Enterprise plan.
Besides storage apps and websites, you can also use the following two ways to store your photos with ease.
Once photo share to the social media, you and your friends can access to the photos online. When you save photos on social media, your fans can get the notification within seconds. If you save photos on social media frequently about your life, you can review the past moments on your timeline. Facebook is the most popular social media to save photos. Of course, you can save photos to Twitter or Google Plus instead. If you are a photographer, you can also upload photos to Flickr or Instagram.
1. You are able to add tags to the photos saved to Facebook timeline. And then you can search for the photos easily.
2. Associate save photos with events. Just imagine that you can add photos for your birthday, and then anyone view the event can view the photos.
3. Facebook also provides some features to edit photos or create a scrapbook for the save photos.
4. What is more, you can find lots of third party program to load the saved photos in the social media within one click.
If you are willing to share the memory to others, you can store photos to Facebook or other social media websites. But when you sync photo to social media, the private information might be leaked out.
Hard Drives is the traditional way to store photos. When you have some old photographs, you can also use the photo scanner to digitalize photos. After that you can save photos into hard drives. You can take advantage of your PC or Mac with different photo programs to manage them. What is more important, you can also save photos to social media, cloud service or other methods from Hard Drive directly. It is the most frequently used method for saving photos.
1. As for saving photos to hard drive, you do not have to worry about the storage space or the private issue.
2. You can find multiple photo editing tools to bring out the best quality of the photos or even enlarge photos.
3. Whether you need to sync photos, share photos or further edit photos, you can simple save photos to hard drive of your PC or Mac first.
4. It is quite easy to save photos to hard drive. You only have to connect the device with computer.
Most of the users will backup a copy of photos to hard drive. Of course, there are some portable hard drives as well. If you have a limited amount of photos, you can also save to USB.
In this article, we mainly introduce 11 photo storage apps and sites and two extra ways for your reference to give you some suggestion for better photo storage. Find the way you love and store your precious photos today to keep them safe.
Rate This Post