Panoramic images are increasingly prevalent among Internet users. If you create a panoramic image and share it on social media, it will attract followers’ attention immediately. But it is a difficult task to get an appropriate tool. Someone may recommend PTGui to you, but it is not a perfect photo stitcher, especially to beginners. Once you enter the key words of photo stitcher in a searching engine, you will get hundreds of results. Can you imagine trying everyone and finding out the best one among them? It is a waste of time to do such the tests. This article will introduce PTGui and some best alternatives for you.
It can not be denied that PTGui is one of the best photo stitcher. But it is not appropriate for everyone. So let’s look at the pros & cons of PTGui in details.
1. PTGui is compatible with Windows and Mac OS, so it is a cross system photo editor.
2. It supports to create gigapixel images.
3. Users could import hundreds photos and create multiple panoramas at one time.
4. PTGui could read most photo formats and RAW files, and save outputs as high quality formats.
1. It only supports the Mac computer equipped with Intel processors.
2. The control point’s method needs a lot of patience when you stitch hundreds of photos.
3. The process of stitching is a little complicated for beginners.
4. The price is too expansive to personal usage. I mean you have to pay for more than $100 to enjoy its advanced features.
Step 1: Install and launch PTGui on your computer. Click “Load images” button in the main interface and select the image files you want to stitch.
Step 2: Click “Align images..” to launch automatic pre-assembling. Then you can preview the panorama in the “Panorama Editor” window and click “Create panorama…” to launch the final assembling.
Step 3: You can do some setting before the final output like width, height, file format, layers and output file. Then click “Create panorama…” button to finish the panorama creation.
WidsMob Panorama is the highest cost-effective alternative. Similar to PTGui, WidsMob Panorama provides free version and paid version; however the price is much lower than PTGui. In addition, when considering the powerful of Photo Stitcher, it is really one of best PTGui alternatives.
1. It is compatible with Mac OS and highly supports macOS High Sierra.
2. Photo Stitcher has the ability to select, organize, stitch and adjust photos automatically, for it has built-in auto algorithm.
3. This PTGui alternative could read most photo formats and RAW files.
4. It is also a gigapixel image application.
Image Composite Editor is developed by Microsoft. And the biggest advantage of this PTGui alternative is free, but it is only available on Windows. The other basic features include:
1. It is a simple PTGui alternative without fantastic functions. So it is a good choice for beginners and amateurs.
2. It is compatible with Windows 7/8/8.1, but not Windows 10.
3. It has the ability to auto stitch photos together and auto compensate the lost parts.
4. Image Composite Editor is a gigapixel image application as well.
5. This PTGui alternative has integrated Photosynth service.
6. It supports most photo formats and RAW files.
Hugin is an open source PTGui alternative. That means that it is a large package of freeware and compatible with Linux, Windows and Mac OS at the same time.
1. It supports to import most image formats and load camera RAW files from cameras directly.
2. Hugin could read the saved data about camera’s lens and recognize the panoramic effects automatically.
3. The process of stitching photos with Hugin includes selecting, aligning, and stitching together and rendering the photos as a single exposure.
4. This PTGui alternative also uses control points to align and stitch photos, but it is good at stitch photos took at different angles or create a 360-degree picture.
PanoramaStudio is another PTGui alternative. It is good at creating wide-angle panoramic images and 360-degree images. It has a Windows version and a Mac version respectively.
1. It has the abilities to auto align and auto stitch high quality panoramic images.
2. For advanced users, this PTGui alternative also provides extensive post-processing tools.
3. It could read the Exif data of photos to achieve a better stitching output.
4. Users could use hotspot-editing tool to enjoy virtual tours within PanoramaStudio.
5. It supports to import RAW files and export 3D panoramas.
GIMP is a popular open source photo editor. And it is also a PTGui alternative application. Its basic features include:
1. It is a collection of powerful freeware, including Stich Panorama plugin.
2. It is easy and quick to use GIMP and its plugin to stitch photos.
3. GIMP is a flexible photo editor. For beginners, the friendly interface is ease of use. Advanced users could enjoy the extensive plugins.
4. It is not only a photo stitcher, but also integrating plentiful post-processing filters and effects.
5. It also has the multiple painting and creative tools.
Based on the introduction above, PTGui is a good photo stitcher, but not a perfect one. The free version only has some simple tools. And users have to pay for more than $ 100 to enjoy the extensive features. So this article also recommends some PTGui alternative applications. There are some open source photo stitchers, like GIMP and Hugin. And if you need an easy-to-use photo stitcher, WidsMob Panorama is one of the best choices.
Rate This Post