Design is a creative job. That does not only need imagination, but also require software to show your imagination to others. Sometimes this software could stimulate your creativity as well. Serif’s DrawPlus is such a useful design tool to achieve multiple tasks. It could help you to create logos, graphics and edit photos. The versatile application could meet almost all demands of artistic work. Therefore this article will introduce DrawPlus and its best alternatives to amateur designers and professionals.
DrawPlus is a 2D graphics editing software developed by Serif. The first version was released in 1994. And the latest version is DrawPlus X8. So let’s learn its pros and cons now. Unfortunately, Serif has decided to give this design software up. Serif said that DrawPlus was no longer supported and no further updates would be issued on its website. Therefore, you might need an alternative of DrawPlus.
1. It has a free version, DrawPlus Starter Edition, with some limits.
2. It is an easy-to-use program.
3. Users could enjoy most useful tools to create logos, posters and other creative work.
4. DrawPlus provides multiple editing and creative features, like illustration tools, image editing tools.
5. Its website has support forums, so users could ask for help online.
1. If you want to grasp all-powerful features, you have to pay for $99.99. That is a little expensive to amateurs.
3. Its developer had stopped its updating. That means it would out of date soon.
WidsMob Panorama is a smart photo editor. If you have used it, you would be attracted by it seamless experience. Designers could utilize Photo Stitcher to do most creative tasks. Just check the smart features of the program as below.
1. Photo Stitcher is compatible with both Windows and Mac OS, including Windows 10 and the latest version of Mac.
2. It provides a free trial for beginners, so you can download it freely. Although you have to buy it after free trial, the price is far less expensive than DrawPlus.
3. This DrawPlus alternative has integrated automatic algorithm. It will select, organize and adjust photos automatically. That is efficient when you deal with large amount of photos.
4. In addition to stitch photos, it also has the ability to edit images, like crop, resize, and add text and watermarks.
5. Another advantage of Photo Stitcher is support HDR images and gigapixel images.
If you are using Microsoft Office, Expression Design will be a useful design tool. Because it supports WMF and EMF files. Although Microsoft had stopped updating Expression Design in 2012, This DrawPlus alternative is one of best design programs for Windows users. Here are the basic features of the program.
1. It is a freeware, so Windows users could download and use it freely.
2. The interface is concise and friendly.
3. Users could export parts of the design without impacting the entire project.
4. This DrawPlus alternative could extend features through compatible with other Microsoft drawing tools, like WordArt.
Adobe is the leader in digital vision software industry. Although Adobe Illustrator is only available for subscription users, This DrawPlus alternative provides comprehensive tool package. So it is one of the best alternatives to professionals.
1. The interface is spacious. It allows users to maximize the window to preview the project.
2. This DrawPlus alternative has the ability to customizing menu layouts.
3. It is compatible with both Windows and Mac.
4. Other useful features include Live Corners, Pencil tool, TouchType and more.
Sketch is strong drawing software for Mac users. The advantage of this DrawPlus alternative is advanced color controls. That is important to designers. Check more detail about the other features of the program.
1. It has embedded vector-based workflow, so users could create high quality and beautiful paintings.
2. This DrawPlus alternative supports to edit with art boards and multiple pages at the same time.
3. Sketch has a simple interface. The standard layout of the interface is easy to navigate.
4. Other useful features include blob, warp, push, pull, explode, twirl, and so on.
Bloom is another graphic editing program. And it supports Windows, Mac OS and Linux. Just check more detail about the cross platform program as below.
1. It will record every action, including filter, effect, and vector; so users could call back any changes.
2. Bloom has the ability to convert between vector and raster editing automatically.
3. This DrawPlus alternative could import PSD files and read all the information, like layers, masks and more.
4. Other amazing features include layer blending effects and digital tablet support.
Based on the introduction, you might discover that DrawPlus is a good design program; however, its developer has given it up. So it will out-fashion in some day. But there are many alternatives you can utilize. Microsoft Expression Design might be a good alternative for Windows users; Sketch is an alternative to Mac users. Adobe Illustrator is more suitable to professionals. Bloom is the best cross platform alternative. And if you are searching for a smart alternative, you can try WidsMob Panorama.
Rate This Post