Last Updated on March 8, 2022 by Peter Wood
Design is a creative job. That needs imagination and requires software to show your creativity to others. Sometimes this software could stimulate your creativity as well. Serif’s DrawPlus is such a useful design tool to achieve multiple tasks. It could help you to create logos, graphics, and edit photos. The versatile application could meet almost all demands of artistic work. Therefore this article will introduce DrawPlus and its best alternatives to amateur designers and professionals.
DrawPlus is a 2D graphics editing software by Serif and the first version in 1994. The latest version is DrawPlus X8. So let’s learn its pros and cons now. Unfortunately, Serif has decided to give this design software up. Serif said that DrawPlus was no longer supported. And no further updates would be issued on its website. Therefore, you might need an alternative to DrawPlus.
1. It has a free version, DrawPlus Starter Edition, with some limits.
2. It is an easy-to-use program.
3. Users could enjoy the most useful tools to create logos, posters, and other creative work.
4. DrawPlus provides multiple editing and creative features, like illustration and image editing tools.
5. Its website has support forums. So users could ask for help online.
1. If you want to grasp all-powerful features, you have to pay $99.99. That is a little expensive for amateurs.
3. Its developer had stopped its updating. That means it is out of date soon.
WidsMob Panorama is a photo editor. If you have used it, you will attract by its seamless experience. Designers could utilize Photo Stitcher to do the most creative tasks. Just check the features of the program as below.
1. Photo Stitcher is compatible with both Windows and Mac OS, including Windows 10 and the latest version of Mac.
2. It provides a free trial for beginners. So you can download it freely. Although you have to buy it after a free trial, the price is lower than DrawPlus.
3. This DrawPlus alternative has an integrated automatic algorithm. It will select, organize and adjust photos automatically. That is efficient when you deal with a large number of images.
4. In addition to stitching photos, it also can edit images, like crop, resize, and add text and watermarks.
5. Another advantage of Photo Stitcher is supported HDR images and gigapixel images.
If you use Microsoft Office, Expression Design will be a helpful design tool because it supports WMF and EMF files. Although Microsoft had stopped updating Expression Design in 2012, This DrawPlus alternative is one of the best design programs for Windows users. Here are the basic features of the program.
1. It is freeware, so Windows users can download and use it freely.
2. The interface is concise and friendly.
3. Users could export parts of the design without impacting the entire project.
4. This DrawPlus alternative could extend features through compatibility with other Microsoft drawing tools, like WordArt.
Adobe is the leader in the digital vision software industry. Although Adobe Illustrator is only available for subscription users, This DrawPlus alternative provides a comprehensive tool package. So it is one of the best alternatives to professionals.
1. The interface is spacious. It allows users to maximize the window to preview the project.
2. This DrawPlus alternative can customize menu layouts.
3. It is compatible with both Windows and Mac.
4. Other helpful features include Live Corners, Pencil tool, TouchType, and more.
Sketch is a drawing software for Mac users. The advantage of this DrawPlus alternative is advanced color controls. That is important to designers. Check more detail about the other features of the program.
1. It has an embedded vector-based workflow. So users could create high-quality and beautiful paintings.
2. This DrawPlus alternative supports editing with artboards and multiple pages.
3. Sketch has a simple interface. The standard layout of the interface is easy to navigate.
4. Other helpful features include blob, warp, push, pull, explode, twirl, and so on.
Bloom is another graphic editing program on Windows, Mac OS, and Linux. Check more detail about the cross-platform program as below.
1. It will record every action, including filter, effect, and vector. So users could call back any changes.
2. Bloom can convert between vector and raster editing automatically.
3. This DrawPlus alternative could import PSD files and read all the information, like layers, masks, and more.
4. Other features include layer blending effects and digital tablet support.
Based on the introduction, you might discover that DrawPlus is a good design program; however, its developer has given it up. So it will out-fashion in someday. But there are many alternatives you can utilize. Microsoft Expression Design might be a good alternative for Windows users; Sketch is an alternative for Mac users. Adobe Illustrator is more suitable for professionals. Bloom is the best cross-platform alternative. And if you are searching for an alternative, you can try WidsMob Panorama.