Last Updated on December 19, 2021 by Jane Joe
When you need to record a gameplay video, tutorial video with high quality, what are the best 4K screen recorders to capture 1080P or other videos as desired? 4K-video resolution in the film and video production industry is 4096 x 2160 pixels. You can learn more about the top 5 best 4K screen recorders that can create 4K screen recordings on Windows 10/8/7 and Mac OS X with ease.
WidsMob Capture is a versatile 4K-screen recorder that captures all onscreen activities, such as screen videos, audio files, and screenshots. Moreover, you can tweak the audio/video quality, set up the hotkeys, add text, annotation, and more others. You can add a microphone and webcam to the recorded video.
1. Record 4K screen videos, high-quality audio files, and take snapshots.
2. Capture your selfie and voice files through webcam and microphone.
3. Add text, arrow, line, frames, shapes, and even draw paintings.
4. Manage the recording files with a view, remove, share to social media, etc.
Step 1: Download and install the 4K-screen recorder, launch the program on your computer. Select the Record Screen option in the main interface to open the screen-recording window. Go to the Preferences dialog, and set output format and other options based on your requirements.
Step 2: Check the Record Area option and set the recording area. If you want to add your face and reaction to the files, turn on the Microphone option and the Webcam option as well. Otherwise, disable the two options. Click the REC button to start the recording screen.
Step 3: You will get the menu bar with several tools. You can add text, shapes, and paintings to the screen recording. Click the A icon, set the color to add text and other parameters. Then add some texts or watermarks to the recording.
Step 4: When you finish the screen recording, click the STOP button to save it to your media library. Go to the Media Library window and playback the 4K-video. If you want to share the screen recording, select the file, click the Share icon and pick the desired channel.
OBS Studio is an open-source recorder designed for live streaming and screen recording. You can get extensive useful functions with 4K-screen recording. Moreover, all features are free to use without any ADs or limitations.
1. Capture gameplay videos with some advanced streaming features.
2. Provide an interface that is flexible and customizable for a profession.
3. The impact on the CPU is pretty low when recording the screen.
4. It lets you decide the output quality up to 4K and 120FPS.
1. The learning curve is higher than other screen recording tools.
2. The configurations are a bit complicated for beginners.
Bandicam is a versatile program to record screens, gameplay, and webcam on PC. The built-in game mode can save screen recordings in 4K and HD videos. In addition, it provides many features related to screening records.
1. Offer different screen recording options to capture desired videos.
2. Record high FPS games and video tutorials without lag or restriction.
3. Capture external devices, like iPhone screen, Xbox, and more others.
4. Provide customized cursor effects to add mouse clicks to the recording.
1. The 4K-screen recorder is only available to PC, without the Mac version.
2. Lack of some editing tools. And the watermark is available for free.
Snagit is a 4K-screen recorder with starting price of $24.97. It is a reliable and robust video recorder to capture online videos, gameplay, and more. The all-in-one screen recorder can record videos and produce still screenshots for scrolling screens.
1. Capture screen as video/audio file or even wide and horizontal scrolls.
2. Edit the screen recording and screenshots with the desired templates.
3. Talk and draw over a series of screenshots to create a video or GIF.
4. Add annotations, simplify tool, step tool, text files, and more tools.
1. It slows down your computer when running some advanced options.
2. Only save screen recordings in limited formats with limited sizes.
As the developer announced, Action is a high-quality 4K-screen recorder for capturing your desktop screen, gameplay, and taking screenshots quickly. You can decide the output quality up to 4K. Moreover, you can monitor the screen recording in real-time.
1. Integrate a user-friendly interface to manage the recording process.
2. Give you green screen mode to remove background from recording.
3. Capture gameplay from the console or other external devices.
4. Save screen recordings as 4K or HD MP4 files.
1. It is hard to learn all the features, especially for beginners.
2. It cannot work in the background when capturing the files.
Here are the 5 best 4K-screen recorder applications for Windows and Mac. There are a lot of screen recorders. However, only a few of them can produce recording videos in 4K-resolution. WidsMob Capture is one of the best choices to capture a high-quality video. Moreover, it is pretty simple and offers extensive functions, like sharing high-quality recordings on social media.