Last Updated on December 16, 2021 by Jane Joe
Action Screen Recorder is one of the most popular gameplay and real-time screen recorders that capture screen videos with the superb HD video quality. Should you choose it as the default gameplay recorder for Windows with US$20? What is the best Action Screen Recorder alternative? When you want to learn more about the answers to these questions, you can get an unbiased review of Action Screen Recorder before making a final decision.
Action Screen Recorder has functionality for recording online videos, gameplays, video tutorials, and even take screenshots. It can capture external devices via a USB cable as well. Moreover, you can also add the webcam and microphone gameplay commentary.
1. Integrate a compact, stylish, and user-friendly interface to record the screen.
2. Provide the green screen mode to remove the unwanted background.
3. Record your screen, audio, webcam, and even take snapshots with ease.
4. Capture full screen, specific window, or custom region as desired.
5. Record gameplay in HD videos without using many resources of the GPU.
6. Define a new standard of performance for gameplay and screen recording.
1. Capture onscreen activities and save the videos with HD or 4K formats.
2. Provide a wide range of online videos, user guides, and other files.
3. Add webcam and microphone to your gameplay recording in real-time.
4. The built-in hardware acceleration makes screen recording smoothly.
1. Action Screen Recorder is not a free one that costs $29.95 per license.
2. It is a screen recorder only compatible with Windows 10/8/7/Vista.
3. Provide a 30-day free trial with limits, such as watermarking videos.
4. Lack of some features, such as video editing features.
How to record gameplay videos with Action Screen Recorder on PC? To capture a high-quality video via the program, you can learn more details about the process below.
Step 1: Launch the screen recorder on your desktop before downloading and installing Action Screen Recorder. To capture the video with high quality, ensure your computer has the desired configuration.
Step 2: Go to the Video capture tab and access several modes, like Game, Screen, Area, and Device. You can select one based on your need. Just take the Game mode to take gameplay videos.
Step 3: Start the game that you want to record. If the number of the floating bar turns to blue, it means Action Screen Recorder is ready for the gameplay recording. Press the F9 button on your keyboard to start the recording.
Step 4: When finishing the game recording, press F9 button again and save it automatically. Go to the File Manager option and locate the gameplay video in the Games folder under the Video menu.
What should be an Action Screen Recorder alternative to capture gameplay videos on Mac? How to record a screen with 60FPS or HD quality with ease? When you want to capture the desired gameplay video, you can choose WidsMob Capture. It is a versatile screen recorder to tweak the frame rate, video quality, hotkey, and more other settings. Moreover, it also enables you to edit and manage the recorded video within the media library as an Action screen recorder.
1. Record screen videos, audio files, webcam face, and take snapshots.
2. Tweak the frame rate, FPS, video/audio quality, volume, and others.
3. Add gameplay commentary to the files via webcam and microphone.
4. Edit the files with text, paintings, and shapes to screen recording directly.
Step 1: Download and install the Action Screen Recorder alternative, launch the program on your computer. Go to the Preference dialog to capture a gameplay video with the desired quality. Then you can set the output format, resolution, and other options.
Step 2: Check the Record Area option and set the recording area based on the gameplay window. There are three options to customize the window, Fullscreen, Fixed region, and Custom region. If you want to add your reactions to the screen recording, enable Microphone and Webcam.
Step 3: Click the REC button to capture the gameplay video as Action Screen Recorder. You can add text, paintings, or even shapes to the video during the recording process. It also provides many custom options, such as color. At some moments, click the Camera icon to make a snapshot.
Step 4: When you have recorded the file, click the Stop button to save the file in the desired format. Go to the media library to manage the recorded files. You can preview the screen recording and snapshots, share them on social media, or send the files to your friends via email or message.
Just learn more about what Action Screen Recorder is, what the program can do, whether it is suitable to you, and how to record screen and gameplay with it. Of course, when you want to have the best Action Screen Recorder alternative, WidsMob Capture is an all-in-one screen recorder to capture the screenshot and gameplay videos with ease.