Last Updated on December 28, 2021 by Jane Joe
Bandicam Screen Recorder is one of the most popular gameplay recording programs for Windows. It lets you record video on screen, with audio and webcam simultaneously, especially for the gameplay videos. What are the features designed to record the gameplay videos? How to use the screen recorder to capture gameplay videos? Is there a Bandicam screen recorder alternative on Mac? Just learn more about the information from the unbiased review now.
Is Bandicam a free screen recorder? If you were not an expert on gameplay recording, you might consider it. It is not a completely free screen recorder to have a watermark for the recorded video. You have to purchase a license to remove the watermark. It does offer a free trial with some limits, but you can pay for various plans starting at $39.00 per license. Here are some useful features you should know.
1. Provide a specific mode to record gameplay without lagging.
2. Capture everything on your screen, such as mouse and click.
3. Record your face and voice through webcam and microphone.
4. Add drawing, text, shapes, and other elements when recording.
1. Provide you with plentiful of options for recording games and videos.
2. Record gameplay videos with a free trial before making a decision.
3. The interface looks clean to record the gameplay videos.
4. There are tons of features and custom options for advanced users.
1. There is no live streaming support.
2. The free trial only allows you to record for limited minutes.
3. It only offers a documentation guide but not videos.
4. Beginners may feel frustrated since it contains too many options.
Step 1: Open the gameplay you want to record. Launch the Bandicam game recorder and choose the game recording mode next to the screen recording on the top menu bar.
Step 2: You should see a green FPS counter appears on the upper left side. It means that Bandicam Screen Recorder is ready. If you want a higher-quality recording, you can increase the FPS instead.
Step 3: Start your gameplay and click the F12 button on your keyboard or the REC button on the screen to trigger the recording. Now, the FPS counter will turn red for recording the gameplay video.
Step 4: After recording the gameplay, press the F12 key again or hit the Stop icon. Then the FPS counter will turn green. Next, go to the Home tab from the left side and preview the recording.
Is there a Bandicam Screen Recorder alternative to record gameplay videos on your Mac? How to record the gameplay videos with high quality with ease? WidsMob Capture is a versatile screen recorder to record video, capture web and audio, or even take snapshots. Moreover, you can edit the videos, add annotation or tweak the different parameters for the output.
1. Record gameplay, online videos, and all onscreen activities with ease.
2. Overlay your face and voice with a webcam to the gameplay recording.
3. Add paintings, text, shape, and more on the recorded file in real-time.
4. Easily control and manage the gameplay recording with hotkeys.
Step 1: Download and install the Banidcam Screen Recorder alternative, you can launch the program and select Record Screen on the interface to open the program to record all onscreen activities as video.
Step 2: There are three sections on the window. Toggle on Record Area and decide the recording area based on your game. If you wish to add your reactions to the gameplay recording, turn on Microphone and Webcam as well. Otherwise, disable them.
Step 3: To get the custom options, such as hotkeys, video quality, and more, go to the Preferences dialog. It enables you to tweak the frame rate, bitrate, sample rate, and more other settings for the gameplay videos with the desired video.
Step 4: Play your game on the desktop and hit the REC button to record gameplay videos as Bandicam Screen Recorder. To add text or paintings to the recording, select the Pen icon to add text with color, font, and size, and then write on the recording screen.
Step 5: When the gameplay is complete, click the Stop button to save the gameplay video to your media library. Here you can preview the recording and move it to another location. If you are a vlogger, click the Share icon at the bottom left side, and select the target social platform to share the file.
Both Bandicam Screen Recorder and the best alternative can record gameplay videos, but they are different on several aspects, such as:
1. Compatibility. Bandicam Screen Recorder is only available to Windows, but Screen Capture is compatible with PC and Mac.
2. Capture webcam while recording game. Bandicam Screen Recorder cannot capture your face while recording gameplay. But the alternative software has such capacity.
3. Easy to learn. Due to Bandicam Screen Recorder having extensive custom options, it is not a good choice for beginners. But the alternative can meet the need of both beginners and tech-savvy.
Based on the review above, you should understand what Bandicam Screen Recorder is, whether it is worth using, and how to use it to record your gameplay. But before you open your wallet, you should know that you have more choices. WidsMob Capture, for example, can record gameplay, online videos, application guide, and more on Windows and Mac OS X. Moreover, it is easier than Bandicam Screen Recorder.