Easy and Fast Portrait Editing Software.
* 100% Clean & Safe
What is the best method to make online courses, video tutorials, and even gameplay recordings? Camtasia from TechSmith is one of the best screen recorders to capture the screen videos with multiple advanced features. Is Camtasia the right choice you can take into consideration? Does it worth the price? Just learn more from the review of TechSmith Camtasia as well as the best alternative from the article.
Camtasia is an all-in-one screen recorder program developed by TechSmith. Different from the other screen recording apps, it is essentially two products within one program, screen recorder and video editor. Just learn more about the features of Camtasia as below.
1. Capture both video and audio from computer screen.
2. Add your voice to the screen recording via microphone.
3. Edit video you captured from anywhere.
4. Provide hundreds of icons, graphics and more.
5. Add subtitles with speech recognition tools.
6. Compatible with both Windows and Mac OS X.
TechSmith Camtasia is a full-featured screen recorder. Should it be the right choice to record screen on your Windows or Mac? Here is the review of the program you should read.
1. Easy to set up and use if you have basic technical knowledge.
2. Able to add pop-up tips, questions and other interaction content.
3. Put both screen recorder and video editor into a single program.
4. Support multiple tracks using at a time and mixing different clips.
5. Offer many transitions and other elements to decorate video clips.
1. It lacks embedding and course creation tools.
2. Camtasia is pricy and a single license costs $249.
3. The upgrade is not free at all and costs $99.
4. Camtasia is pretty large and may slow down your computer.
5. The video editor feature is a real bargain for beginners.
Stage 1: Record screen
Step 1: Just download and install Camtasia, launch the program on your computer and click the “Record the screen” option at the top left side to capture a desired video.
Step 2: On the pop-up window, select the area of the screen you want to record. It can capture Full screen or a Custom region to capture the desired screen of your computer.
Step 3: By default, both system audio and microphone audio are enabled in Camtasia, but you can change it in the “Audio” option.
Step 4: Hit the “rec” button to start countdown. After that, the screen recording will begin. Then press the F10 button on Windows to stop recording. On Mac, press Option + Command + 2 instead.
Stage 2: Edit screen recording
Step 1: Put the recording to the timeline in Camtasia, and use the “Trim” tool with scissor icon to remove the unwanted parts.
Step 2: Then use the tools on the left side, such as “Transitions”, to decorate your screen recording in Camtasia.
Stage 3: Export screen recording
Go to the “Produce and Share” menu, select the desired quality and video format, and click the “Next” button. Enter the filename, set the destination folder, and click the Finish button to export the screen recording.
When you need to edit the recording files with professional video editors, such as Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro, Camtasia might not be a nice option. What is the best alternative for Camtasia record screen? WidsMob Capture is the desired screen recorder to capture screen video, capture audio files from the different channels and even take snapshots with ease. Moreover, it also enables you to edit the videos, or add annotation, shape, text, mouse cursor and more other elements into the recording file.
1. Record your screen, capture audio, take snapshot and add webcam files.
2. Overlay your voice and face to recording via webcam and microphone.
3. Add paintings, text, shapes, annotation and others while recording screen.
4. Make screenshots for some important moments without interrupting.
5. Provide plentiful custom options for the video codec, frame rate and more.
Step 1: Download and install the Camtasia alternative, you can launch it on your computer and select the “Record Screen” option from the main interface to record screen as video files. Choose the “Capture Screen” is to take some screenshots for your compute.
Step 2: Turn on the “Display” option and set the recording area, like full screen, a specific window or certain region. Select the audio source at the “Audio” section and adjust the volume. To add your face to the screen recording, turn on the “Webcam” option.
Step 3: Go to the “Preferences” dialog, head to the “General” tab and set the hotkeys, output path and more. Then go to the “Recording” tab and decide to show your mouse cursor and clicks or not. You can also customize video and audio quality as well.
Note: For regular HD videos, bitrate is between 2500 to 4000kbps. Audio sample rate represented recording samples per second. The higher the video bitrate and audio sample rate, the better the screen recording video, the larger the output file.
Step 4: Click the “REC” button and start screen recording as Camatasia. During the process, you can click the “Pen” tool to add paintings, text, or shapes on the recording. As for the important moment, click the “Camera” icon to take a screenshot.
Step 5: When screen recording is done, hit the “Stop” button to save it to Media Library. Here you can see the thumbnails of screen recordings and preview them. Select the desired video and press the “Share” icon at the bottom left side and select the right channel.
Note: Compared to Camtasia, the alternative does not provide video editing tools. But WidsMob Capture is more compact and easier to master. The lightweight program size makes it running fast and you won’t face the lagging issue.
You should understand what Camtasia is, whether it is worth to use and how to use it to capture screen. It cannot be denied that Camtasia is a good way to record your screen and edit it. If you prefer to rich features, it is the best option. On the other hand, you can learn more about an alternative, WidsMob Capture, which is a more compact option to capture your screen. If you have other questions, please leave a message below.
Rate This Post