Last Updated on December 26, 2021 by Jane Joe
What is the best method to make online courses, video tutorials, and even gameplay recordings? Camtasia from TechSmith is one of the best screen recorders to capture screen videos with multiple advanced features. Is Camtasia the right choice you can take into consideration? Does it worth the price? Just learn more from the review of TechSmith Camtasia and the best alternative from the article.
Camtasia is an all-in-one screen recorder program developed by TechSmith. Apart from the other screen recording apps, it is essentially two products within one program, screen recorder, and video editor. Just learn more about the features of Camtasia as below.
1. Capture both video and audio from the computer screen.
2. Add your voice to the screen recording via microphone.
3. Edit the video you captured from anywhere.
4. Provide hundreds of icons, graphics, and more.
5. Add subtitles with speech recognition tools.
6. Compatible with both Windows and Mac OS X.
TechSmith Camtasia is a full-featured screen recorder. Should it be the right choice to record the screen on your Windows or Mac? Here is the review of the program you should read.
1. Easy to set up and use if you have basic technical knowledge.
2. Able to add pop-up tips, questions, and other interactive content.
3. Put both screen recorder and video editor into a single program.
4. Support multiple tracks using at a time and mix different clips.
5. Offer many transitions and other elements to decorate video clips.
1. It lacks embedding and course creation tools.
2. Camtasia is pricy. And a single license costs $249.
3. The upgrade is not free at all and costs $99.
4. Camtasia is pretty big and slows down your computer.
5. The video editor feature is a bargain for beginners.
Step 1: Download and install Camtasia, launch the program on your computer, and click the Record the screen option at the top left side to capture the desired video.
Step 2: Select the screen area to record on the pop-up window. It can capture a Fullscreen or a Custom region to capture the desired screen of your computer.
Step 3: By default, both system audio and microphone audio are available in Camtasia, but you can change it in the Audio option.
Step 4: Hit the rec button to start the countdown. After that, the screen recording will begin. Then press the F10 button on Windows to stop recording. On Mac, press Option + Command + 2 instead.
Step 1: Put the recording to the timeline in Camtasia, and use the Trim tool with a scissor icon to remove the unwanted parts.
Step 2: Then use the tools on the left side, such as Transitions, to decorate your screen recording in Camtasia.
Go to the Produce and Share menu, select the desired quality and video format, and click the Next button. Enter the filename, set the destination folder, and click the Finish button to export the screen recording.
When you edit the recording files with professional video editors, such as Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro, you may not choose Camtasia. What is the best alternative for the Camtasia record screen? WidsMob Capture is the desired screen recorder to capture screen video, capture audio files from the different channels, and even take snapshots. Moreover, it also enables you to edit the videos or add annotation, shape, text, mouse cursor, and other elements into the recording file.
1. Record your screen, capture audio, take a snapshot and add webcam files.
2. Overlay your voice and face to the recording via webcam and microphone.
3. Add paintings, text, shapes, annotation, and others while recording the screen.
4. Make screenshots for some moments without interrupting.
5. Provide plentiful custom options for the video codec, frame rate, and more.
Step 1: Download and install the Camtasia alternative. You can launch it on your computer and select the Record Screen option from the main interface to record the screen as video files. Choose the Capture Screen is to take some screenshots for your computer.
Step 2: Turn on the Display option and set the recording area, like full screen, a specific window, or a region. Select the audio source at the Audio section and adjust the volume. To add your face to the screen recording, turn on the Webcam option.
Step 3: Go to the Preferences dialog, head to the General tab, and set the hotkeys, output path, and more. Then go to the Recording tab and decide to show your mouse cursor and click or not. You can customize video and audio quality as well.
Note: For regular HD videos, bitrate is between 2500 to 4000kbps. Audio sample rate represented recording samples per second. The higher the video bitrate and audio sample rate, the better the screen recording video, the larger the output file.
Step 4: Click the REC button and start screen recording as Camtasia. You can click the Pen tool to add paintings, text, or shapes to the recording during the process. As for the moment, click the Camera icon to take a screenshot.
Step 5: After finishing the screen recording, hit the Stop button to save it to Media Library. Here you can see the thumbnails of screen recordings and preview them. Select the desired video, press the Share icon at the left bottom and select the right channel.
Note: The alternative does not provide video editing tools compared to Camtasia. But WidsMob Capture is more compact and easier to master. The lightweight program size makes it run fast. And you won’t face the lagging issue.
You can know what Camtasia is, whether worth to use and how to capture the screen. Camtasia is a way to record your screen and edit it. If you prefer rich features, it is the best option. On the other hand, you can learn more about an alternative, WidsMob Capture. It is a more compact option to capture your screen. If you have questions, please leave a message below.