What should you do to record some lectures online? If you want to download the lectures offline to watch anytime you want, what should be the best lecture recorders to capture the desired files? Whether you need to capture the files on your computer, or record the videos from a smartphone, you can find the best lecture recording software to get the desired lecture with ease from the article now.
In order to capture a high quality lecture videos, record the lecture on your computer should always be a nice choice. Just learn more about the 4 best lecture recorders to capture lecture online as below.
In order to capture all onscreen activities, WidsMob Capture is a versatile lecture recorder to record video, capture audio and take snapshots. It also enables you to customize the parameters for the output format and provides the basic editing features to touch up the files with ease.
1. Record lecture audio, capture the screen video and even take snapshots.
2. Capture the webcam recording files to lecture presentation via webcam.
3. Optimize audio quality automatically while recording online lecture easily.
4. Customize audio sample rate, audio codec, output format and other options.
Step 1: Download and install the lecture recorder, you can launch the program on your computer. You have to start it before the lecture starts. Just launch it and select the “Record Screen” option from the home interface to record the online lecture videos.
Step 2: When you need to record the lecture video, you can click the “Screen Area” option and customize the recording area. You can also enable the audio recoding via the “Audio” option and adjust the volume. If possible, you can also add the Webcam video.
Step 3: Go to the “Preferences” dialog, set output folder, sample rate and other parameters for the output lecture videos with a high quality. Just click the REC button once the lecture begins. During the recording process, you can add annotation; draw on the video and more.
Step 4: When the lecture is complete, click the “Stop” button and the lecture recording will be saved to Media Library. You can view the thumbnail of the lecture recording to share it with others. Just select it and hit the “Share” icon at the bottom left side with a desired channel.
Audacity is an open-source and versatile audio solution, which enables you to use it as a lecture recorder without paying a penny. Moreover, you can also edit the recording lectures files on tracks with ease.
1. Record lecture and other audio files on Windows or Mac simply.
2. Put lecture recordings to audio tracks for editing later.
3. Offer extensive audio editing tools, like trim, merge, mix, etc.
1. It lacks support team though there is a developer forum.
2. There is no option to share lecture recordings directly.
QuickTime is the pre-installed media player for macOS. In addition to play videos and music, you can get a lecture recorder within the app. It is not only free to use, but also no need of installation.
1. Record lecture audio via built-in microphone.
2. Support multiple input sources, or even from iPhone.
3. Co-work with iMovie and other Mac apps.
1. It does not offer audio editing features.
2. Cannot customize the audio recording channel.
Adobe Audition is the professional lecture recorder software. It almost offers everything you need, from lecture recording to audio editing. If you need an all-in-on utility, Audition is a good choice.
1. Record lecture on audio tracks.
2. Support high quality recordings.
3. Offer a full-featured audio editor.
1. It is large and may slow down your machine.
2. Beginners may feel frustrated since it is difficult to master.
Voice Recorder & Audio Editor is a verstile lecture recorder app for your iOS devices. You cannot only get the lecture recording feature, but also access to audio editing functionalities with ease.
1. Record lectures without a time limitation and others.
2. Translate recordings to text with speech-to-text technology.
3. Add notes while recording lectures on your smartphone.
1. Some features require subscription beforehand.
2. It needs an Internet connection while recording.
Voice Recorder is far more a simple lecture recorder app for iOS devices. You can download it from App Store for free, but advanced audio editing features need you to purchase in app.
1. Record lecture while reducing noise from the environment.
2. Support for long duration lecture recordings.
3. Offer an audio editor to trim, split, merge and mix recordings.
1. It is only available to the new iOS devices.
2. It cannot convert lecture audio files to text.
Voice Recorder is one of the best lecture recorder apps for Android devices. It can save lectures in high quality audio files without your Android phone. Plus, it is free to record the lecture files on the Android phone.
1. Record lectures with high quality.
2. Save lecture recordings in MP3 or OGG.
3. Send and share your recordings to social media.
1. It cannot add notes while recording lecture.
2. There is no option to remove annoying ads.
Smart Recorder is another choice to record lecture with your Android phone. You can download the program and use for 14 days without any charge. If you are satisfied with the program, you can purchase it after that.
1. Record lecture in the background.
2. Adjust sample rate and other parameters.
3. Lightweight and no lagging issue.
1. The lecture recorder cannot save recordings to SD card.
2. It is not free to use with many restrictions for the trial version.
Based on the recommendations above, you should master top 8 best lecture recorder applications for Windows, Mac, iPhone and Android devices. If you want to record the lectures online with a high quality, WidsMob Capture, for example, is able to turn your computer or laptop as a lecture recorder, which has an impressive output file.