Last Updated on December 28, 2021 by Jane Joe
What should you do to record some lectures online? If you want to download them offline to watch them anytime, what should be the best lecture recorders to capture the desired files? Whether you need to capture the files on your computer or record the videos from a smartphone, you can find the best lecture recording software to get the desired lecture with ease from the article now.
To capture high-quality lecture videos, you can record the lecture on your computer. Just learn more about the 4 best lecture recorders to capture lecture videos online as below.
To capture all onscreen activities, WidsMob Capture is a versatile lecture recorder to record video, capture audio, and take snapshots. It also enables you to customize the parameters for the output format and provides the basic editing features to touch up the files with ease.
1. Record lecture audio, capture the screen video, and even take snapshots.
2. Capture the webcam recording files to lecture presentation via webcam.
3. Optimize audio quality automatically while recording online lectures.
4. Customize audio sample rate, audio codec, output format, and other options.
Step 1: Download and install the lecture recorder. You can launch the program on your computer. You have to start it before the lecture begins. Launch it and select the Record Screen option from the home interface to record the online lecture videos.
Step 2: When you need to record the lecture video. You can click the Screen Area option and customize the recording area. You can also enable the audio recording via the Audio option and adjust the volume. If possible, you can also add the Webcam video.
Step 3: Go to the Preferences dialog, set output folder, sample rate, and other parameters for the output lecture videos with high quality. Just click the REC button once the lecture begins. You can add annotation, draw on the video, and more during the recording process.
Step 4: When the lecture is complete, click the Stop button and save the lecture recording to Media Library. You can view the thumbnail of the lecture recording to share it with others. Select it and hit the Share icon at the bottom left side with the desired channel.
Audacity is an open-source and versatile audio solution, which enables you to use it as a lecture recorder without paying a penny. Moreover, you can also edit the recording lectures files on tracks with ease.
1. Record lecture and other audio files on Windows or Mac simply.
2. Put lecture recordings into audio tracks for editing later.
3. Offer extensive audio editing tools, like trim, merge, mix, etc.
1. It lacks a support team though there is a developer forum.
2. There is no option to share lecture recordings directly.
QuickTime is the pre-installed media player for macOS. In addition, to play videos and music, you can get a lecture recorder within the app. It is free to use and does not need installation.
1. Record lecture audio via built-in microphone.
2. Support multiple input sources, or even from iPhone.
3. Co-work with iMovie and other Mac apps.
1. It does not offer audio editing features.
2. Cannot customize the audio recording channel.
Adobe Audition is the professional lecture recorder software. It almost offers everything you need, from lecture recording to audio editing. If you need an all-in-one utility, an Audition is a good choice.
1. Record lecture on audio tracks.
2. Support high-quality recordings.
3. Offer a full-featured audio editor.
1. It is large and may slow down your machine.
2. Beginners may feel frustrated since it is hard to master.
Voice Recorder & Audio Editor is a versatile lecture recorder app for iOS devices. You can get the lecture recording feature and access audio editing functionalities with ease.
1. Record lectures without a time limitation and others.
2. Translate recordings to text with speech-to-text technology.
3. Add notes while recording lectures on your smartphone.
1. Some features require a subscription beforehand.
2. It needs an Internet connection while recording.
Voice Recorder is far more a simple lecture recorder app for iOS devices. You can download it from App Store for free, but advanced audio editing features are in-app.
1. Record lecture while reducing noise from the environment.
2. Support for long-duration lecture recordings.
3. Offer an audio editor to trim, split, merge and mix recordings.
1. It is only available to the new iOS devices.
2. It cannot convert lecture audio to text.
Voice Recorder is one of the best lecture recorder apps for Android devices. It can save lectures in high-quality audio files without your Android phone. Plus, it is free to record the lecture files on the Android phone.
1. Record lectures with high quality.
2. Save lecture recordings in MP3 or OGG.
3. Send and share your recordings to social media.
1. It cannot add notes while recording lectures.
2. There is no option to remove annoying ads.
Smart Recorder is another choice to record lectures with your Android phone. You can download the program and use it for 14 days without any charge. If you are satisfied with the program, you can purchase it after that.
1. Record lecture in the background.
2. Adjust sample rate and other parameters.
3. Lightweight and no lagging issue.
1. The lecture recorder cannot save recordings to an SD card.
2. It is not free to use with many restrictions for the trial version.