Last Updated on November 25, 2021 by Peter Wood
Olympus Viewer is a default image viewer to manage your image and video files from Olympus cameras. It should be the default method to view the ORF files on your computer. How about the features of the program? You can learn more about the features of the default Olympus viewer and the best alternative from the article.
Olympus Viewer is the default to view, print, and edit photos on a hard drive. When you have an Olympus digital camera, learn more about the features of the program. It is compatible with Windows 11/10/8/7/Vista and macOS 10.8 or above.
1. Edit RAW photos, JPEG, and videos produced by Olympus cameras.
2. Upload media files to social network platforms, such as Facebook.
1. Intuitive user interface to manage and view the photos with ease.
2. It is the default Olympus viewer to view ORF images free of charge.
3. Provide image editing tools, rotate, flip, trim and apply filters.
4. It does not put a strain on your computer’s resources.
1. Need the alphanumeric serial number to download Olympus Viewer.
2. It is only available to Olympus digital cameras sold since 2013.
3. The interface looks a bit outdated to view and manage the photos.
What should you do if you locate the original disc for the Olympus camera? Is there an Olympus Viewer alternative to view and manage ORF photos or even the videos with ease? WidsMob Viewer Pro is a versatile Olympus viewer to browse RAW files within different modes, edit the images with a crop, rotate, flip, batch resize and more, and even share the photos to social media sites within clicks.
1. Browse RAW photos, JPEG, and even videos taken with an Olympus camera.
2. Provide extensive editing tools, like crop, rotate, resize, rename, etc.
3. View your photos in full screen, EXIF, slideshow, thumbnail, and more.
4. Batch convert, resize and rename multiple photos at the same time.
5. Share your photos to social media, AirDrop via email, or message.
Step 1: Download and install the Olympus Viewer, launch the program on your computer. Click the File menu and choose the Open button to import the ORF files from the Olympus camera. You can also double-click any photo to load files from the whole folder.
Step 2: Go to the Library mode to view the thumbnails for the Olympus RAW photos. You can also click the Plus icon to add the folder as an album. Just drag and drop the desired images into the desktop of your Mac or transfer the photos between different folders within clicks.
Note: You can adjust the thumbnail size with the slider at the bottom of the alternative to Olympus Viewer. Click View > Sort by and arrange your photos by name or date.
Step 3: You can also view the ORF files within a full screen or let the photos play back automatically within a slideshow. Of course, you can also view the Olympus photos with EXIF mode. Just choose the desired mode to view the images from the Olympus camera with ease.
Step 4: If you want to edit an image, select it and go to the Edit menu on the top ribbon. Then you can find Crop, Rotate Left, Rotate Right, and other tools. Plus, you can also process multiple images with the batch processing tools in Edit > Batch, such as batch rename, batch resize, or batch convert.
Step 5: Find the target image in the album or library and open it. Click the Share icon at the bottom right side and choose the platform, like Facebook or Twitter. The alternative to Olympus Viewer also allows you to send some photos to your friends via email or message.
Note: You can transfer the photos to iOS devices through AirDrop as well. If you want to use an ORF photo as a wall background, select it and click Share > Set Desktop.
What is the difference between the default Olympus Viewer and WidsMob Viewer Pro? Which is a better choice to view the photos from the Olympus camera? Just learn more details as below.
1. Price. If you are using an Olympus camera released in 2013 or later, you can download Olympus Viewer for free. When you want to view most of the RAW files, WidsMob Viewer Pro is a versatile Olympus Viewer that supports most of the photos and videos.
2. Tools. Both Olympus Viewer and WidsMob Viewer Pro offer image editing tools and let you batch process images quickly. But WidsMob Viewer Pro can manage the photos or even browse the ORF files within different modes.
3. Compatibility. Olympus Viewer is for Olympus digital cameras. You can use it to import the ORF files only. However, WidsMob Viewer Pro can read and import almost all RAW formats. It means that you can use it with Canon, Nikon, and other camera products.
4. Photo browsing. Olympus Viewer offers basic photo browsing methods. And WidsMob Viewer Pro has different options to view and manage your image files in the slideshow, full screen, EXIF, thumbnail, and other ways.
5. Interface. Though Olympus Viewer is free to Olympus customers, the interface is not well designed. If you prefer to view the photos according to your requirement, WidsMob Viewer Pro is a good choice.
What is Olympus Viewer? What are the benefits and shortcomings? If you have a new Olympus camera, you are lucky since you can download the photo viewer for free. Of course, you can also find the best Olympus viewer alternative to edit, manage and open the photos with ease.