What You Can Get from RawDigger – RawDigger Review & Alternative
Last Updated on November 29, 2021 by Peter Wood
You can use the default image viewer to open JPEG, PNG, and other image formats on Windows and Mac. In most cases, you can see the pure image display only. If you want to view the RAW histogram, you can take a look at RawDigger.
RawDigger allows users to view, study and analyze pure RAW data recorded by digital photos and video cameras. You can drill down into the detailed RAW data on Mac OS X and Windows with ease. Thus, if you want to figure out what happened behind RAW files, you can dig it all in the RAW with RawDigger.
This article mainly talks about the latest RawDigger review and alternative. If you have no idea whether to open RAW files with RawDigger, you can decide with the following analysis.
Part 1: RawDigger Review – Is RawDigger Good to Use
RawDigger can keep RAW data safe without conversion and display the RAW histogram in different modes. You can browse the RAW images and videos with it. For instance, you can view the RAW histogram of the entire image or the selected portion. What else can you get from RawDigger software? You can get the answer from this section.
RawDigger Pros & Cons
RawDigger is a RAW image analyzer that can display and research the RAW histogram. You can export the RAW histogram as CSV or PNG format for further study. Here is the complete RawDigger review you can check.
1. Determine the RAW level, exposure, and histogram.
2. Investigate camera settings and behavior, including ISO settings, dynamic range, accuracy, repeatability, uniformity, etc.
3. Get a look at RAW data to compare with RawDigger.
4. Save unprocessed RAW files as TIFFs.
5. Create device data for color profiling.
6. Get an in-depth analysis of the camera or sensor.
7. Support a wide range of image formats, cameras, and extensions.
8. Access RawDigger exposure, research, or profile edition to study RAW data at different levels.
1. No precise RAW histogram with controls on the small display window. You need to open RawDiggger from FastRawViewer.
2. The RGB rendering in RawDiggger is for reference only.
3. Some RawDiggger menus and windows are inconvenient to use.
4. The overexposed pixels are not generally the same in both channels occasionally.
5. RawDiggger requires a learning curve. So beginners may have difficulties while analyzing RAW data with RawDiggger.
RawDiggger offers a 30-day free trial for every new RawDiggger user. You can download RawDiggger for Mac or Windows from its official site or other software download sites. RawDiggger offers 2 RawDiggger Windows download packages in 32 and 64 bits. You can also download the RawDiggger Mac DMG package on macOS 10.11-10.15 devices.
RawDiggger starts from $19.99 to $89.99. The RawDiggger Exposure Edition allows users to read the supported RAW formats, display RAW data in RGB/RAW composite/RAW per channel, and other RAW analyzing features. If you want to get more customizable features, you need to get the RawDiggger license key for $39.99 or $89.99.
Is RawDigger Worth It
Photographers can explore RAW data with RawDiggger on PC and Mac. You can get the RawDiggger comparison from its website directly. For most users, RawDiggger Exposure is a budget RAW analyzer. You can upgrade to RawDiggger Research or RawDiggger Profile later.
Part 2: Best RawDigger Alternative to Open RAW Files
If you want to open RAW files on Mac with a better visual experience, WidsMob Viewer Pro is a good choice. You can browse your photos and videos in one window and manage the media files from your phone, camera, or external hard drives. This media viewer is compatible with 50+ RAW formats, other image formats, and video formats.
There are various viewing modes you can select. Moreover, you can resize, convert, rename, share and apply other preset effects within the RawDigger alternative. It is incredibly fast to open hundreds of photos and videos. Your computer will not slow down or crash while opening large RAW files in bulk. If you want to manage RAW files after analyzing with RawDiggger, you can choose this program.
1. Open all RAW files at a 5x speed with the folder-based viewing experience.
2. Preview photos with slideshow, thumbnail, full screen, or favorite mode.
3. Extract EXIF information to show all RAW data.
4. Manage photo gallery and apply basic photo editing features.
5. Support 50+ RAW format cameras, video, and image formats.
6. Clean, intuitive, and well-designed interface.
Step 1: Run WidsMob Viewer Pro on your Mac computer. Click + next to Library on the top left corner of the window. Browse and open a folder that contains the RAW files you want to open.
Step 2: You can scroll down to view all images and videos in thumbnail mode in the main interface by default. If you want to enlarge a specific file, you can double-click on it to get more details.
Step 3: Unfold the View or Edit list to access most media editing and viewing features. You can adjust the image effects of each file freely too.
Step 4: Click the five-pointed star icon near the bottom to add files into the Favorite folder. Later, you can click the icon below to access the folder quickly.
Step 5: Click Share to share the media file to Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, and more. You can also save the file after the customization.
RawDigger is an image analyzer that can bring you the precise RAW histogram. You can decide whether to download the RawDigger app from the above paragraphs. As for viewing and managing RAW files and other media files stored on your computer, you can free download WidsMob Viewer Pro to have a try. No matter how many videos and photos you want to open, you can save a lot of time with the 5x faster speed and folder-based browsing support. By using RawDigger and WidsMob Viewer Pro, you can quickly manage all RAW files.