8 Best Screen Recorders for Mac to Capture Onscreen Activities of Your MacBook with Ease
Last Updated on December 29, 2021 by Jane Joe
What is the best method to record the onscreen activities on your MacBook? Of course, you can use QuickTime as the default-free screen recorder for Mac to capture the desired files. But the limited features of QuickTime might not be a suitable solution. The article shares the 8 best Mac screen recorders to capture the video. Just learn more details about the features of these programs here.
Part 1: 4 Professional Mac Screen Recorders
To record some professional video tutorials, gameplay videos, you have to choose 4 professional screen recorders for Mac. Here are 4 programs that enable you to record videos with high quality.
Top 1: WidsMob Capture
WidsMob Capture is a versatile Mac screen recorder to capture screens, record audio, and take snapshots. You can add annotation, shape, callouts, drawing tools, and other elements for the recording. Moreover, you can also tweak the recording area, audio channel, and others for the recording file.
1. Record screen, capture audio, webcam file, and take snapshots.
2. Capture the recording in desired frame rate, bitrate, sample rate, etc.
3. Add lines, rectangle, circle, arrow, draw pencil, and other elements.
4. Set up hotkeys, count down, mouse cursor, sound play, and manage the library.
1. Limited editing features to manage the recording files within the timeline.
2. Save the video and audio files into limited file formats only.
Top 2: ScreenFlow
ScreenFlow is another popular screen recorder for Mac that enables you to capture your actions, edit the recordings, add callouts/annotation/motion, or even manage recording within the layered timeline with ease.
1. Record multiple screens or even use retina displays.
2. Spice up your videos to unique media clips from project files.
3. Add animated graphics, titles, and logos with built-in file and text animations.
4. Mac screen recorder comes with several presets export settings.
1. Lack of video effect presets, arrows, callouts, shape, and other elements.
2. No royalty-free resources beyond the pre-installed transitions and effects.
Top 3: Snagit
Snagit is another screen recorder for Mac that lets you quickly capture a process, add your explanation, and create visual instructions. It has advanced features and instantly shares images and videos.
1. Provide blur-sensitive features; add fancy callouts, annotation, etc.
2. Integrates with cloud service and program to sync the recording files.
3. Immensely customizable features to touch up the video and audio.
4. Capture the onscreen activities, screenshots, and more other files.
1. It should be comparative expensive Mac screen recording software.
2. Limited video editing features to touch up and enhance the recording.
Top 4: Camtasia
To record Mac screens without limitation, Camtasia is the desired Mac screen recorder to capture high-quality videos, add callouts options, and even improve sharing tools with an easy user interface.
1. Provide professional features sets to record the videos in 4K video files.
2. Support a range of popular media formats and control the videos.
3. It has a screen recorder app to transfer the media files between devices.
4. Render and share the video files to YouTube and other social media sites.
1. Require a specific operating system to record video and computer screens.
2. Do not support live recording from a digital video camera directly.
Part 2: 4 Free Screen Recorders for MacBook
If you need some simple recording files from your MacBook, a free screen recorder for Mac or even the online solutions should be a good solution you can consider.
Top 5: Screencast-O-Matic
Screencast-O-Matic is a free online screen recorder for Mac that provides some advanced features. Click the start recording button to record the desired videos and screen.
1. Straightforward mechanics to record the videos and screen within clicks.
2. Publish the videos to YouTube and other online streaming sites with ease.
3. Record screen and webcam simultaneously or even combine the files.
4. Click to record the onscreen activities to get the desired recording.
1. It should be hard to record a big video with an online recorder.
2. Limited video editing features to touch up the recording files easily.
Top 6: Monosnap
Monosnap is a screen recorder for Mac to take snapshots, capture videos, and edit them. The output can either be a screenshot or a motion picture for sharing with friends.
1. Record the whole screen, the desired region, or the selected window.
2. Provide free and unlimited cloud storage space for your screenshots.
3. Advanced video editing features to resize, rotate, crop, or blur the images.
4. Capture the screen into a video format or turn it into a GIF file.
1. The microphone audio files do not like the other professional ones.
2. Limited editing features to touch up or enhance the recording files.
Top 7: OBS Studio
OBS Studio is another recommended free Mac screen recorder for gameplay. It has a multiscreen setup to observe OBS on one display and play your game on the other device.
1. Capture real-time activities and create excellent live streaming videos.
2. Incorporate footage from your previous recordings or add exciting videos.
3. Able to take a specific time familiarizing its interface and configurations.
4. Streamline setting panel and powerful video configuration options.
1. Cannot link to an audio file as a source for the recording files.
2. Do not work for Mac with configuration or settings.
Top 8: Apowersoft Free Online Screen Recorder
Apowersoft Free Online Screen Recorder is another online screen recorder for Mac that creates high-quality videos. You can also easily access the experience of using a brilliant screen activity recorder.
1. Record the screen video without watermark or more other limitations.
2. Choose the desired audio files from system sound, microphone, and more.
3. Add annotation, shape, callouts, text, and other elements to the recordings.
4. Easy user interface to record and manage the recording files online.
1. It is hard to record online videos for a period.
2. Hardware consumption that might lead to video lagging.
What should be the best method to record the screen or videos on your MacBook? The article shares the top 8 Mac screen recorders to capture the desired files as the QuickTime alternative. Whether you need a free screen recorder for Mac or even a professional one, you can always get the desired one from the article.