5 Best HEIC Converters to Change iPhone Photos to JPEG/PNG/TIFF/GIF
Last Updated on March 22, 2023 by Peter Wood
HEIC/HEIF stands for High-Efficiency Image File. It is the native photo format on iOS 11 or later and Mac OS X. It is still a pretty new photo format that most software and systems do not support. You should choose HEIC converters to turn the HEIC photos into JPEG, PNG, TIFF, or even GIF files. The article shares the 5 best HEIC File Image converters with excellent features. Just learn more details and choose the desired one accordingly.
Part 1: Top 5 HEIC Converters to Convert HEIC/HEIF
Top 1: WidsMob HEIC
WidsMob HEIC is a one-stop HEIC converter to manage, browse, and convert HEIC images on Windows and Mac. You can convert HEIC to JPEG, PNG, TIFF, or even animated GIF files. It enables you to view HEIC files in both thumbnail and full screen. You can browse HEICs, Live Photos, animations sequences, and burst photo shots.
- Convert HEIC to JPG, PNG, TIFF, and animated GIF within one click.
- Batch process to convert the selected HEIC images at the same time.
- Support Live Photos, Animation Sequences, and Burst Photo Shots.
- Provide editing features to rotate images, resize images, and more.
- Compatible with HEIC, HEICs, HEIF, HEIFs, and more other files.
- Preserve or discard the original HEIC meta-data as your requirement.
- Support the HEIC files only and need to upgrade to a Pro version.
How to Convert HEIC Images
Step 1: Launch WidsMob HEIC after you install the program on your computer. It is compatible with Windows 7/8/10 and Mac OS X. Click the Import button, or go to the File menu and choose the Import to open HEIC images that you want to convert.
Step 2: Once you have imported the files, you can preview the HEIC files within the user interface. Moreover, you can double click any HEIC file to view the full screen or the sequence photos, and then use the slider to navigate to any HEIC photo.
Step 3: Choose the desired HEIC files you want to convert and click the small arrow next to the Start convert button. Then you can choose the Convert Selected Photos option or the Convert All Photos option to convert HEIC files.
Step 4: Click the Select button to select a specific folder for saving the output files. Unfold the Format drop-down list and choose a proper format, such as GIF, PNG, JPEG, and TIFF. Then you can click the Convert button to convert HEIC to JPEG, PNG, GIF, or TIFF.
Top 2: EZGIF HEIC Converter
EZGIF HEIC Converter is more than a free online HEIC Converter. You can also create, resize, crop, reverse, optimize, and apply some effects. It not only converts the HEIC files from your computer, but also anyone from a URL directly. But it only supports the normal HEIC file within 35 MB.
- Convert the HEIC to PNG or JPEG free of charge.
- No requirement of registration to convert the files online.
- Upload HEIC images from your computer or a URL.
- Offer basic photo editing tools, such as background color.
- The maximum file size of HEIC images is 35MB.
- Process one HEIC file to PNG or JPEG at a time.
- Does not support the HEICs or HEIFs.
Top 3: WALTR HEIC Converter
WALTR HEIC Converter is an offline HEIC converter that works on both Windows and Mac. It enables you to convert HEIC to PNG and JPEG with the original EXIF details. There is no size limitation that you can even take a folder with 100 photos in HEIC format.
- Simply drag-n-drop the HEIC to convert the files for free.
- Convert up to 1000 HEICs per time within a few seconds.
- Right-click HEIC in the Explorer window to convert the files.
- Recognize any of your HEIC files that come from your iPhone.
- It lacks some custom options to the photo quality and others.
- Support the limited output photo formats, JPEG and PNG.
- Cannot remove or discard the EXIF information after conversion.
Top 4: iMazing HEIC Converter
When you need to handle every HEIC locally on your computer, iMazing HEIC Converter is a tiny and free HEIC converter that enables you to transfer and convert HEIC photos from your iPhone or iPad to JPEGs on your computer in one go.
- Free HEIC image file converter for personal use on Win/Mac.
- Quickly adjust the output quality, such as the most compatible one.
- Batch convert HEIC images to PNG and JPEG in one click.
- Decide whether to keep EXIF data or support color profile.
- Support limited output formats for HEIC, JPEG, and PNG.
- Lack of photo editing features, such as rotate and resize.
- Does not support HEICs or HEIFs file format.
Top 5: Aconvert
Aconvert is another free online HEIC converter. It enables you to convert a HEIC from a computer, URL, Google Drive, Dropbox, and other channels to other file formats. Moreover, the web app allows you to resize the HEIC image before converting.
- Free method to convert HEIC files with no signup or payment.
- Convert HEIC to JPG, PNG, GIF, WEBP, BMC, and more.
- Change the width, height, aspect ratio, and more other settings.
- Select the HEIC files from a computer, URL, and Cloud services.
- Unable to batch convert HEICs to other photo formats.
- It requires a good Internet connection for conversion.
- Cannot preview the HEIC before resizing the images online.
Part 2: FAQs about HEIC File Format Converter
A HEIC file contains one or more images saved in the High Efficiency Image Format with HEIC or HEIF extension. It contains an image or sequence of images likely created by the Camera app of your iPhone or iPad, as well as the metadata describing each image.
If you want to upload HEIC to social media, it is okay to convert it to JPG. For HEIC images that contain transparency, you’d better choose PNG as the output format. It will keep the transparency in its original condition. To preserve the original data, you need to choose the TIFF format.
It is safe to use and the online HEIC converters that promise to delete your photos after conversion. But it is not recommended to upload private photos online to protect your privacy. What is worse, you can view the photos for the online converters.
Based on the sharing above, you should learn at least the top 5 best HEIC converters on Windows, Mac, or online. Some of them are completely free to use, while others offer more advanced features, like photo editing. WidsMob HEIC, for example, equips a photo editor, and a variety of custom options for HEIC conversion. Moreover, it enables you to open the HEIC files in full screen and thumbnail.