Making a photo quilt is a traditional way to record moments. Now we can transit this tradition on our smartphone. There are many photo collage makers on smartphones. The app strips out a lot of common options offered by others in the category, but it makes it so you can create a framed collage in less than 30 seconds and share it with friends. And today I will introduce and review one of photo collage creator, Photo Quilt.
Author: Code Organa LLC
Latest Version: 1.5.1
Update Date: Apr. 28, 2016
Photo Quilt is a member of framed photo collage creators. The advantage of Photo Quilt is streamlining the process, so anyone could utilize it to create photo collages to share with friends or post on social media. Many developers like to add many gaudy features into the application. That just makes their apps complicated to use. But Photo Quilt just overthrows these useless functions, so users can create a photo collage in less than half a minute without any obstacles.
1. After install Photo Quilt from App Store on your iPhone, you can click on New button on the top of the screen to open Photo Library.
2. Select as many photos as want.
3. Once you click on Back button and then Done button on the top after selection, Photo Quilt will load the photos in comparably sized collage automatically.
4. If you do not need a border in the photo collage, you can tap on Border option on the bottom left corner and select None. If you prefer to add some colorful borders in the photo collage, you can try the color options.
5. After border settings, you can decide the layout of your photo collage by selecting the numbers on the bottom menu. The number of layout solutions depends on the amount of the photos loaded. And the biggest number of layout solutions is five.
6. The next step is to adjust the arrangement of these photos. Click on Shuffle button on the bottom right corner repeatedly until you get the perfect arrangement.
7. Click on Save button on the top to open the editor screen.
8. The photo editor offers several useful features, including enhancement, color adjustment, light adjustment, effects, direction adjustment, focusing, removing defects, text, and so on.
9. After settings, click on Done button on the top to save the photo collage on your iPhone or post it to social networks.
1. Photo Quilt is by far the simplest photo collage app.
2. The simplest design of Photo Quilt allows users to create photo collage quickly.
3. It allows users to select as many photos as they want to create a big collage. There is no number limited at all.
4. Users could create dozens collage frames through only two options: Layout and Shuffle.
5. The simplest design of Photo Quilt allows users to create photo collage quickly.
6. The process of making photo collages has been designed elaborately. Photo Quilt offers more features after saved; however, if you just need a simple photo collage, you can ignore these feature and click Done to complete the process. Therefore, the beginners could enjoy this collage app as well.
1. Photo Quilt only supports iOS, so Android users can not utilize it to create photo collages.
2. And Photo Quilt just has iPhone version. If iPad users want to use it, they have to install the iPhone version. And that is really not convenient to iPad users.
3. Users could use Photo Quilt freely by looking at advertisements; however, if you want to save the photo collages in larger size, you have to pay for and upgrade it.
4. The paid-to-upgrade strategy of Photo Quilt is failure. In my test, users could purchase the $1.99 upgrade to unlock the medium and large size option. But the medium and large options are still locked after upgrade successfully.
5. Although the developer of the program has updated the app and fix some bugs, sometimes the app also has the problem of crashing.
Based on the analysis above, you may find that the program is one of the best photo collage creator, although it still has some bugs and compatible problems. And if you are iPhone users, you can enjoy the smooth experience of Photo Quilt to create your own photo collages in less than a minute; if you have an iPad, you have to install the iPhone version of Photo Quilt. Although it is a little inconvenient to use the iPhone version of Photo Quilt on iPad, it does not influence the features of this application.