How to Delete Photos from iPhone 13/12/11/X/8/7/6, iPad Pro/Mini and iPod Touch in Easy Steps
Last Updated on September 20, 2022 by Peter Wood
You can use iPhone or iPad to record things that happened in your life. So there may have many photos on your iPhone or iPad. Photos on your iOS devices will occupy a lot of storage of space. At this point, deleting photos from iPhone is a way that can directly free up your iPhone. There are multiple methods to remove photos from iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, and you can know the different approaches before erasing photos from iOS devices.
In addition, pictures store in iPhone can divide into mainly two parts. One part is photos adding to your iPhone include using an iPhone camera, screenshot function, or downing them from iPhone. The other is adding the images from your computer using iTunes. Hence the different sources of pictures have different ways to erase. When you finish reading, you can find an effective way to delete photos from iPhone 13/12/11/X/8/7/6. And you can also apply the feasible way to delete photos from iPad or iPod Touch.
WidsMob Media Viewer - View single image, multiple images, folder-based images, and videos in incredible fast speed and simple operation with various viewing modes. You can browse all your photos (including RAW files) and videos in one window without extra clicking and operating.
Method 1. Delete a Single Photo from iPhone
It can be much easier to delete photos from your iPhone which you added directly to it. You can remove a single one from your iPhone 8 just with a few taps.
1. Go into your Photos.
2. Find the photo you want to delete and open it.
3. Tap on the Trash icon in lower of the screen.
4. Confirm your decision.
It should be the simplest way to delete one single photo from iPhone. And the images on your Camera Roll will delete from the device only. But if you want to remove mass photos from iPhone in a short time, you can choose another way.
Method 2. Remove Multiple Photos from iPhone
When you find out that you wish to clean out plenty of old photos on your iPhone or iPad, you should know how to remove mass photos from iOS devices.
1. Open Photos.
2. Find the Photos tab along the bottom and hit it. And you will see the photo divided into three categories.
3. You can select one of the collections you want to remove. And click on the collection. Then you can go to Moments.
4. Tap on the Select option in the top-right of the screen in Moments.
Note: You will find that once you click on Select, all photos in this Moment are selected. So if you want to keep pictures, you need to hit them.
5. Select whatever Moments you want to erase. After that, you can tap the Trash icon to delete them. Otherwise, you can tap on Cancel to deselect the action.
This method enables you to select and delete multiple photos from your iPhone or iPad at once. If you want to delete all photos from iPhone faster, it can be an ideal way.
Method 3. Delete an Album from iPhone
You are allowed to remove any albums you created on your iPhone. Also, it is a way to remove groups of photos from the iPhone at the same time. Also, you can learn more information about delete albums from how to delete photo albums from the iPad here.
1. Launch the Photos.
2. Click on the Albums icon at the bottom-right of the screen. After that, you can browse all albums on your iPhone 13.
3. Tap on the Edit icon in the top-right corner. Then you can see a small red icon show nearby each album.
Note: The entire album that you created should have a red icon to the left of the album.
4. Tap the small red icon nearby the album you want to remove. And a Delete box will appear on the right side of the album.
5. Click on the Delete button and confirm.
Now you delete the album successfully while all photos in that album will still appear on their original locations. Try to delete photos from iPhone 13 permanently? You can delete them from Recently Deleted album.
Method 4. Erase Photos from iPhone Permanently
Photos app has a default folder named Recently Deleted, which provides you either recover photos you have deleted within 30 days to Camera Roll or remove them permanently. If your device is running iOS 8, you can delete iPhone photos forever from the Recently Deleted album.
1. Launch the Photos app on your iPhone X.
2. Select the Albums option on the lower right corner of your screen.
3. Find the Recently Deleted album from the list.
4. Open the Recently Deleted album and overview every photo you have erased within 30 days.
5. Choose a photo if you want to delete it forever.
6. Open the photo. Then you will have two options. You can Click Delete to erase it or Recover to retrieve it.
It is convenient for you to erase photos from iPhone 13 and without a computer. Moreover, you can recover deleted photos from your iPhone and iPad once you accidentally deleted significant pictures.
Method 5. Delete Photos from iPhone Using iTunes
Sometimes, you try to delete photos from your iPhone, but the trash bin icon is gray. Probably those photos are from iTunes. If you want to delete them, you need to unsynced them.
1. Open iTunes before connect iPhone 7.
2. Wait for iTunes to recognize your iPhone 7 and display the iPhone icon in the upper right corner.
3. Select your iPhone 7 from the Device list to open the summary page of the iPhone.
4. Click Photos in the summary column. And you will see the Sync Photos from option.
5. Uncheck Sync Photos from. Then click Apply again.
6. Tap Apply to finish deleting iPhone synced photos.
If you cannot delete photos from your iPad or iPhone, you can learn more detail about how to fix them cannot delete photos from iPhone. The method to delete iPad or iPod Touch photos is the same way to remove them from iPhone.
Method 6. Delete Photos from iPhone via WidsMob Viewer Pro
If you have synced your iPhone photos to your computer, you can use WidsMob Viewer Pro to delete your photos. WidsMob Viewer Pro is an easy-to-use photo management software to help you organize, edit or delete photos on Windows 11/10/8/7 and Mac.
Step 1. Launch the program on your Mac and open a folder in the Library left panel. Then choose any folder and view others using four direction keys.
Step 2. You can browse all your iPhone photos in Thumbnail Mode. Move the slider below to enlarge all pictures. If you want to view a specific one, double-click it to view the detailed information.
Step 3. If you want to delete your iPhone photos, you can choose Edit in the toolbar and click Move to Trash. Click Yes to confirm to delete this photo. There is also a Trash icon at the bottom of the window. You can also click the icon to delete one photo at a time.
Note: Besides iPhone photos, WidsMob Viewer Pro can also help you manage your iPhone videos.
There are various ways to erase photos from iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. You can choose the ideal way to remove different types of pictures on your iPhone. Moreover, if you know how to delete photos from iPhone effectively, you also know how to delete iPad photos.