How to Post Photos on Instagram on Windows/Mac/iPhone/Android
Instagram is the platform for people to upload daily images and is one of the largest social platforms like Facebook. Millions of users have been loyal because of the powerful filters and well-designed interface. If you have anything attractive, you can post them on Instagram for free. Maybe there is someone in the other part of the world who has the same interest as you. Thus, the first issue you need to solve is how to post photos on Instagram. After solving this problem, you can share great pictures all over the world successfully.
Part 1. How to Post Photos to Instagram on iPhone or Android
Instagram is a mobile-first social media, so users can only post a photo to Instagram within its app. No matter your smartphone runs iOS or Android, the Instagram app is available. And you can take a picture and post it within the Instagram app.
Section 1. Post New/Old Pictures to Instagram
The new photos mean the pictures you shot with the Instagram app through the built-in photo shooter.
1. Access the Instagram app and log in to your account. If you do not have one, you should register an account or log in with your Facebook account.
2. Tap on the Camera icon at the bottom of the screen. On the next page, choose PHOTO to continue.
3. When you open the camera, you can take a photo within the Instagram app.
4. You can edit the photo just taken with built-in editing tools, like apply a filter, adjust color, and more. Go to the next screen by pressing the arrow button on the top when finishing editing.
5. You can add a caption to your photo, but it is not necessary. And then add some hashtags with mark # to caption to allow others to find your picture with the tags. You can set Tag People and Add Location on this page. If you want to share the photo to Facebook or other social networks, you can select in the SHARE area. To allow people to see the picture, you can set it in the DIRECT tab.
6. Finally, press the Done button to post the photo to Instagram.
The Gallery option means you can post images from your device storage. You can share multiple photos from the photo gallery at once. The process of sharing many pictures on Instagram is as easy as post one photo. All you need is a good Internet connection.
1. Go to Instagram and log in to your account. Tap on the Camera button on the bottom ribbon.
2. On the next page, choose GALLERY to open the photo gallery or camera roll on your smartphone.
3. Browse and select all the pictures you want to share on Instagram. If you have multiple photo galleries on your smartphone, you can unfold the All Photos list and go to another photo gallery.
4. After selection, tap on the Next button at the top of the screen. Then Instagram will ask you to crop your photo since Instagram only uploads the photos as squares.
5. In the editing screen, you can decorate your photo. The Next button is available at any time you want to move on.
6. You can customize share to settings, including the caption, hashtags, tag people, location, and more.
7. Tap on Done button on the top to share the photo to Instagram and repeat step 4 to step 6 to post others. The uploading speed to Instagram depends on your Internet connection.
The Photo button in the middle indicates you can take a new picture and post a photo to Instagram directly. So what can the final Video option do? Once you hit the video option, you can record a video within 15 seconds. As for switching the front and back camera, you can find it on the right above your camera button.
Section 2. Upload Live Photo to Instagram
Then live photos are also on Instagram posts. Different from still pure Instagram images, you can get better information shocking through short video parts. The live photo sources can be from your daily videos or something funny from your friends as well. You can use them to express certain feelings, with the humorous caption written. So what are the live photo Instagram posting methods? The first step is always similar. It is a live photo converter app installation. After that, launch Lively on your home screen. Choose GIF, Movie and Frame options on the top. Choose the Export Movie option and select Save to turn it into Instagram acceptable live photo format. Later, start Instagram and post the live photo by pressing 3D touch and right arrow in a white circle.
Section 3. How to Put A Slideshow on Instagram
If you want to use your Instagram to tell a story, it is a good idea to use a slideshow to express your feelings. Just upgrade it to the 10.9 version first. Sign in after launching Instagram. Hit the Select Multiple options below. Choose photos up to 10 from the gallery or camera roll. Choose next to move on to the next part. Rearrange the order of those images, and add more by pressing the plus button below. Now you can view all photos set into one slideshow. All of your posts are in square in the default way.
Part 2. How to Post Instagram Photos on Windows/Mac
Instagram is a mobile-first application. So users cannot add photos to an Instagram website. But we still could post pictures to Instagram on a computer via the following methods.
Method 1. Post Instagram Photos from The Desktop Web Browser
You know, the Instagram web page allows users to post a photo on Instagram as well. Posting images on iPhone or Android is not the only way you can turn. If you have many photographs stored on a computer, you can also use Safari or Chrome to do the same work.
Launch Safari and go to Preferences and get the Advanced icon chosen. You can see the box that says Show develop menu n the menu bar and tick it. When the private browsing window appears, turn to Develop part and hit User Agent. Click Safari, iOS, and iPhone in order. Open the Instagram site. Sign in and hit the camera icon to choose photos stored on your computer. Later, add captions or tag someone below. Now, you can post a photo on Instagram successfully.
As for the Chrome web browser, open the Instagram web page as well. Right-click it and select Inspect to view. Hit the Tablet option to switch the page into mobile view. Find the camera icon on the bottom as well, with which you can post a photo on Instagram as well. Though you may not get as many filters to manage with, you can get the entrance of Instagram on a computer.
Method 2. Post Instagram Photos with Adobe Lightroom
LR/Instagram Plugin is a dedicated plugin to add photos to Instagram from Lightroom.
1. Go to Lightroom, import the photos to add to Instagram, and locate to File->Plugin Manager->Add to install LR/Instagram plugin. After installing, this plugin will create a publish service titled LR/Instagram and a published collection named Instagram photos.
2. Access the publish service and click on setup to log in to your Instagram account. Right-click on the Instagram photos and hit Set as Target Collection.
3. Navigate to the Metadata panel and choose LR/Instagram. Then you can enter captions and hashtags for the photo to post.
4. Hit B to upload the photo to Instagram photos. Repeat steps 3 and 4 to upload other photos.
5. In the published collection of Instagram photos, unfold New Photos to Publish menu and click on the Publish button to add photos to Instagram on the computer.
Although Adobe Lightroom is not free to charge, you can use LR/Instagram plugin without paying a penny.
Method 3. Share Images to Instagram through Gramblr
You can also try Gramblr to upload photos to Instagram first on Windows and Mac computers. It is not difficult to operate. After you install Gramblr, right-click and choose Open to run the Instagram photo uploader. Sign in to Instagram and select the picture you want to share. And then add a caption to express your feelings. Hit Upload to post images on desktop. And they are all for uploading photos to Instagram. No additional steps and no extra fees to pay. Just right-click and open it to run Instagram uploader in a free and easy way, and that's all for live photo uploading to Instagram. In addition, you can store daily interesting videos and then upload them to Instagram as well.
Method 4. Share photos to Social Media within WidsMob Viewer on Windows 11/10/8/7 and macOS
WidsMob Viewer is another application that supports uploading photos from computer to social media. Compared to Adobe Lightroom, Photo Viewer is more affordable.
Step 1. Open Photo Viewer and click on the Add button to import all the photos to post on Instagram from a computer. Or you can drag and drop the pictures or folders into the software.
Step 2. After loading the photos, you can browse them in various modes, like Viewing Mode, Thumbnail Mode, Slideshow Mode, EXIF Mode, and more.
Step 3. Photo Viewer also provides some editing tools. You can resize or rotate the photos before sharing. And you’d better convert the images to the picture formats that Instagram supports within Photo Viewer.
Step 4. When the photos are ready, click on the Share button to post the pictures on social media in batch.
Photo Viewer could read most photo formats, including RAW files. And in addition, to share the photos to social media, Photo Viewer could save the outputs to your computer or print the pictures.
From the above descriptions, there are many methods to post a photo on Instagram. It includes a new shoot, an old taken, a web page, or third-party applications. You can choose the most suitable one to share your life with people all over the world. It is also a way to make friends with the same lifestyle and interests.