Last Updated on November 22, 2021 by Peter Wood
If you have purchased several movies from iTunes, how to browse the M4V videos with ease on Windows and Mac? What are the best M4V players on Mac and Windows? Different from the MP4 file, M4V uses for videos purchased from the iTunes store, which includes Apple’s FairPlay DRM protection along with video and audio tracks. Therefore, these files can only play on authenticated Apple devices. Just learn more about the M4V viewer on Mac from the article now.
A video file ended with M4V is a MPEG-4 video container file format, also known as an iTunes video format released by Apple. Unlike other video formats, most M4V videos encrypt with DRM protection. Moreover, M4V files use the H.264 video codec exclusively. It means that M4V can store chapter information and deal with AC3 audio.
How to browse the M4V files on Mac? The M4V protects by DRM. And it is not as compatible with some of the media players. WidsMob Viewer Pro is a versatile M4V viewer to play M4V files, video formats, and photo formats. Moreover, you can apply filters, create a slideshow and even manage the media files.
1. View almost all video files, photo formats include M4V files.
2. Bypass copyright and other DRM protection or restriction easily.
3. Keep the original video and audio quality while playing.
4. Manage your M4V video files from a different folder on your Mac.
Step 1: Download and install the M4V player, launch the program on your MacBook. Go to the File menu and select Open to import the M4V video into the program. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop the M4V file into the program directly.
Step 2: Once you have loaded the M4V files, you can click on the Play icon in the center of the M4V player for Mac to browse the movie. Of course, you can also forward, backward, stop and take control over the video playback process with ease.
Step 3: Besides the basic preview features, you can also transfer the M4V to another folder, share with the social media site or delete it as desired. Drag and drop the M4V file to the desktop. You can transfer the M4V to the destination folder.
VLC Media Player is an open-source M4V player for Mac, Windows, and Linux. Of course, you can also use the program to play and stream videos for free. It can also convert and download the video format as desired.
1. Support M4V, MP4, and most of the video formats.
2. Cross-platform M4V player for different platforms.
3. Offer bonus tools, like video download, convert, etc.
1. It can only play DRM-free M4V without add-ons.
2. It is hard to learn and master all the functionalities.
PotPlayer is a lightweight and versatile M4V player for Windows that provides maximum performance when viewing any video file. It has an open codec package for Windows.
1. Compatible with a wide range of media formats.
2. Incorporates support for text subtitles, DVD, and Blu-ray.
3. View all kinds of 3D videos for different output files.
1. The M4V viewer is not compatible with Windows 10.
2. It is not compatible with all M4V videos.
DivX is another M4V player for Mac and Windows. It enables you to watch videos library in high quality up to 4K. Moreover, you can take advantage of the features like smoothing FF/RW and chapter points.
1. Playback the video formats like M4V up to Ultra HD 4K.
2. Stream videos and music to mobile devices via DLNA.
3. The media library in DivX Player keeps track of all your videos.
1. The advanced features require at least $19.99.
2. It takes a resource and slows down your PC.
What should you do if you want to view M4V files on another device? As for the DRM protection from iTunes, you might not be able to playback the M4V files directly. WidsMob Converter is a versatile M4V viewer and converter to view the M4V files or even converts videos to the desired files within clicks.
1. Convert M4V to another video format, such as MP4, WMV, etc.
2. Remove DRM protection and other limitation of conversion.
3. Provide extensive video editing functions and apply filters.
4. Optimize and enhance video quality when converting M4V.
Step 1: Download and install the M4V player and converter. You can launch the program on your computer. Then click the Add File menu to import the M4V files. It can process multiple M4V files at the same time using the multi-thread technology. Then the videos will appear in the library area.
Step 2: The media player on the left side allows you to view M4V before converting. Then click and expand the drop-down list of Profile options, go to the General Video tab, and find MP4 or your preference video format. You can also locate the desired device from the list.
Step 3: If you want to get more options, click the Settings button at the top menu bar to open the Profile Settings dialog. You can set video resolution, frame rate, video bitrate, audio channel, and other settings for converting M4V to MP4 or other formats.
Step 4: Click the Edit menu to open the video editor window, which you can crop, watermark, and add effect to the video. Click the Browse button at the bottom of the window and select a specific folder to save the output. Click on the Convert button to start converting M4V videos.
Just learn more about what M4V is and how to play M4V on Mac and Windows with ease. Of course, if you only need an M4V viewer to browse the M4V files, you can choose WidsMob Viewer Pro. Moreover, the article shares 3 more options to play M4V files. If you intend to watch M4V videos on mobile devices or PCs, you can convert the files to MP4 or other supported video formats with WidsMob Converter.