How to take full advantage M4V files from iTunes? When you want to use the movies purchased from iTunes Store, M4V video converter is the best method to turn the movie to compatible formats for other devices, such as computer, smartphone, tablet, etc. It is an annoying factor that M4V files are protected with DRM protection. Just check about the 6 best M4V converters to help you transcode the iTunes M4V files to another video formats.
M4V is a video format developed by Apple. It is very similar to MP4 format since they are both based on MPEG-4 video container. The main purpose that Apple released M4V is to put a high level of security, FairPlay DRM protection. In another word, the video files you purchased from the iTunes Store are saved in M4V format. The protection prevents you to view or copy the video files on unauthenticated devices. To play the M4V for another device, especially for Android and PC, you have to convert M4V to MP4 or other video format beforehand.
WidsMob Converter is a top-level M4V converter to extract the M4V videos to more than 300 file formats and presets. It enables you to decrypt the DRM protection and other restrictions from the M4V files. You can also tweak the video and audio settings and even edit the recorded video. It provides pro-level features that easy to master.
1. Convert M4V to MP4, AVI, MKV and other video formats within a few clicks.
2. Remove DRM protection and other encryption when converting M4V files.
3. Tweak the frame rate, video quality, sample rate, audio codec and more.
4. Provide custom options, manage features and even editing functionalities.
Step 1: Download and install the M4V converter, launch the program on your computer. Click the Add Files menu to trigger the open-file dialog, find and select the M4V files you want to convert, and click the Open option.
Step 2: After adding M4V files, click the Profile dropdown list and go to the General Video folder and choose a proper video format, such as the MP4 format or even a device preset.
Step 3: If you want to get more custom options, click the Setting button to open the Profile Setting dialog. Click the Browse button and select a specific folder before clicking on the Convert button to convert M4V files.
VLC Media Player is a more than a media player, but also an M4V converter. It enables you to play the M4V files, as well as other video/audio files on PC, Mac and other devices. But it does not support the M4V files with the DRM copyright restriction.
1. Convert M4V to MP4, AVI, MKV and other formats.
2. Support the M4V conversion with a batch process.
3. Provide custom options, such as frame rate, bitrate, etc.
4. It is available for Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS and Android.
1. The M4V converter is too complicated to beginners.
2. The output quality is not very good.
HandBrake is another open-source M4V video converter, which you can use this M4V converter with paying a penny. Although it only supports two output formats by default, it is enough to convert M4V video files. You need to use a plugin to convert the protected M4V files.
1. Convert M4V to MP4 or MKV.
2. Convert a clip from the M4V file.
3. Free to use without watermark or other limit.
4. Offer a lot of presets.
1. The output formats are limited.
2. It is difficult to set up correctly.
Freemake Video Converter is a free M4V converter for PC. It was a paid video converter program previously, but the developer opened the M4V converter to everyone. It can meet your basic need of M4V conversion. But some features are hidden and hard to find.
1. Convert M4V files to other format.
2. Convert video files for portable device.
3. Cut video files before converting.
4. Free of charge.
1. The M4V converter will install extra software.
2. It is only compatible with Windows.
FFmpeg is an open-source M4V converter program for professionals familiar with codec. It relies on programming language to convert your M4V files, which is for the non-DRM protected files, and the output quality is pretty well. Plus, this M4V video converter is free to use.
1. Turn M4V videos to normal video formats.
2. Keep the original video quality.
3. Process multiple M4V videos quickly.
4. Compatible with Windows, Mac and Linux.
1. The program language is hard to master.
2. It cannot remove the copyright protection.
Cloud Convert is an online M4V converter app for both PC and Mac. It allows you to convert several M4V video files without DRM Fairplay protection online for free. Moreover, it supports most popular video and audio formats for most of the devices.
1. Convert M4V files without installing software.
2. Support both video and audio formats.
3. Offer basic custom options.
4. Upload M4V files from cloud server.
1. It lacks video editing to polish the videos.
2. The web M4V converter has file size limit.
Here are the 6 best M4V converters to transcode the M4V files with ease, or even decrypt the DRM protection. VLC, for example, is free to use without any limit. FFmpeg lets you do the job with program language. Cloud Convert enables you to process M4V video files online. What you need to do is to pick a proper tool based on your situation. If you need the most cost-effective solution, WidsMob Converter is the best choice to convert the DRM protected M4V files with ease.