12 Best Decoy Photo Vault Apps to Hide Private Photos [Ultimate Guide]
Last Updated on September 15, 2022 by Peter Wood
To hide some private photos on Android or iOS, what should be the best decoy photo vault apps? If you have some private information, such as personal notes, photos, or videos, you need to keep them safe from prying eyes. When you need to hide the important photos and videos behind a calculator app or a game app, here are the 12 frequently used decoy photo vault apps to hide photos and video. Just learn more about the features of the decoy photo vault apps and find the best alternative.
Part 1: 6 Secret Decoy Photo Vault Apps for Android to Hide Photos
Top 1: AppLock by DoMobile
AppLock is desired decoy photo vault app to protect your photos and videos with a privacy browser. It provides extra protection to hide the app icon from the home screen. There is an error message, Unfortunately, AppLock has stopped to disguise and decoying the app.
1. Disguise the app with a blank screen or an error message.
2. Protect the media files with password, fingerprint, and Face ID.
1. Need to upgrade to remove Ads and use the premium features.
Top 2: Keepsafe Calculator Vault
Keepsafe is the most popular decoy photo vault app to protect personal files. It enables you to set a password, PIN, or even fingerprint protection on folders with photos and videos. Moreover, you can sync the files between different devices, with a password on each one.
1. Provide a decoy app calculator icon with the same privacy feature.
2. Save and hide the private photos and videos in the cloud service.
1. Support 200 photos with limited locking modes in the trial version.
Top 3: Ultra Lock
When you need to protect the photos and videos with a special password, Ultra Lock is the desired decoy photo vault app that provides more protection from unauthorized access by others, such as the date and month pin, hours and minute pin, and battery and battery pin.
1. Block your social networks, media files, and more for a certain time.
2. Provide dynamic passwords to prevent others from guessing PINs.
1. Keep yourself away from the media files as well as the prying eyes.
Top 4: Vault
How to hide the photos from a prying eye? Vault is the desired decoy photo vault app, which disguises itself as the Camera and shows the picture-taking interface. It not only imports the photos from a smartphone in batch but also saves the photos from the web to Vault.
1. Take and record the faces of intruders who entered a wrong passcode.
2. Exit the decoy photo vault directly when you face down the screen.
1. Difficult to handle a large number of photos or even crash the program.
Top 5: Prey Anti Theft
Prey Anti Theft not only provides the services in finding lost and stolen devices, but also protects the photos and videos within your Android. It can turn on an alarm on your lost device with GPS service. Moreover, the decoy photo vault can lock the device with a password.
1. Track the movement and get the GPS data of your Android device.
2. Take pictures with the camera for intruders to try to unlock the phone.
1. Cannot protect and hide the photos and videos for your daily usage.
Top 6: Hidden Eye
You can find who tries to view your data while you are away from your device with Hidden Eye. Since the decoy photo vault can find the traitor, you can know who is trying to read your messages and watch photos. But it doesn’t work on all Android devices.
1. Delete the individual images to have more control over the app.
2. Prevent and lock others from snooping into your Android phone.
1. Need to check the compatibility with the Android device beforehand.
Part 2: 6 Hidden Decoy Apps for iPhone to Vault Files
Top 7: Hide it Pro
Hide it Pro is a decoy photo vault app that converts to a hider when the Audio Manager title is long pressed. It hides photos, videos, messages, audio files, etc. Moreover, it enables a disguise screen to disguise the app as if it is crashed when anyone tries to access it.
1. Hide the secret chat and call history of the app to keep your privacy.
2. Use a fingerprint lock to back up the media files with cloud storage.
1. Cannot hide the decoy photo vault from the settings of your phone.
Top 8: Secret Photo Vault
Secret Photo Vault can protect your photos and videos with a password. The decoy photo vault can be in the form of a passcode, PIN, or even fingerprint. The app encryption is as safe as military level. The decoy photo vault can use an aesthetic interface to bring you the best experience.
1. Provide the method to privately browse the Internet without any traces.
2. Store photos, videos, private contact information, and all the passwords.
1. Does not provide the original resolution to view all the hide photos.
Top 9: Best Secret Folder
When you need to find a decoy photo vault for iPhone, Best Secret Folder is the desired one that looks like a travel app, which is considered bloatware. Its interface looks like a bank vault, and you can also add a cover that looks like an empty folder if someone launches it.
1. Provide different unlocking options, such as PIN, password, or fingerprint.
2. Snap a photo for the intruder when someone ever inputs the wrong code.
1. Upgrade to the Pro version to take away Ads and use Cloud services.
Top 10: Private Photo Vault
Just like the name of the decoy photo vault, Private Photo Vault can protect your videos and photos with a PIN or a password. You can choose to hide individual apps and restrict app entry. It provides a decoy password to open different photos if someone wants to see your private photos.
1. Provide a break-on report, which is controlled by GPS accordingly.
2. Identify intruders try to peek by getting their location and snapshots.
1. Unable to retrieve the lost files when you lost your iPhone or iPad.
Top 11: Locker
Locker is an easy-to-use decoy photo vault, with which you can hide photos and videos from others. It allows you to move your Home Screen apps to a safer location. You can simply change the icon of the app to a calculator or time to disguise the photo vault or related name.
1. Protect the media files with a password, fingerprint, or Face ID lock.
2. Write personal notes directly inside your protected locker photo vault.
1. Cannot hide the app completely, which can be evoked by Siri of iOS.
Top 12: Safe Lock
Safe Lock is so fast, intuitive, and user-friendly, designed to ensure personal privacy. It offers a decoy private vault only to keep photos and videos secure from spying on individuals. You can protect your files with an array of locks: PIN-code, DotLock, Face ID, Fingerprint, and more.
1. Support Wi-Fi file transfer, cloud service, dark mode, and others.
2. Browse your secret photos and videos with a slideshow mode.
1. Need to subscribe to a service to use the features of the application.
Part 3: The Best Decoy App for Windows and Mac
WidsMob MediaVault is the best decoy photo vault app alternative for Windows and Mac, which enables you to hide photos and videos without size limitations. Whether you store the files on your smartphone or the cloud service, it will take a large storage space or difficult to run the apps. You can also enjoy the files as a slideshow within the media vault.
1. Encrypt the photos and videos on your computer without any traces.
2. Browse the secret photos and videos with different viewing modes.
3. Provide different settings and preferences to hide and view the files.
4. Change to another icon or manage the photos easily on your computer.
Step 1: Once you have installed WidsMob MediaVault, you can launch the program on your computer. If it is the first time to hide photos and videos with the program, you also need to set up a password. Then, you can enter your password again to confirm.
Step 2: When you need to import photos or videos, you can click the Import Files button or the Import Folder button to upload the desired media files into the software. After that, you can find them in the Library menu, which allows you to locate the desired files from Photos and Video easily.
Step 3: Double click any photo or video to playback the file within a full screen. It also enables you to add the desired ones into the favorite folder, group files to different albums, sort the desired ones by date/type, or even manage them between different albums within a few clicks.
Note: When you need to use it as a decoy photo vault on your desktop, you can add your own custom shortcuts to the desktop, change the icons, and even remove the arrows from the shortcut icons.
Decoy photo vault apps keep your private information safe and also they can be disguised as other apps, such as a calculator or an error message, these apps are harder to detect. But saving private photos and videos within a smartphone is a risk, not only for the limited storage space but also the prying eyes. WidsMob MediaVault is the best alternative to hide photos and videos on your computer without any trace.