Last Updated on November 29, 2021 by Peter Wood
Is there a Lightroom alternative to edit the Nikon NEF RAW? To view or edit the RAW files of Nikon digital camera, you might need to convert NEF files to JPEG/TIFF. What are the best Nikon RAW converters to convert NEF RAW?
For each camera manufacturer has its own flavor of RAW, you should learn more about the benefits of the exclusive Nikon RAW NEF format. Whether you are using the COOLPIX P100, D850, Z7 or even the entry level D3400, you can find the versatile Nikon RAW Converters from the article.
The Nikon RAW contains all the information for the shoot, such as the location, lens information, camera information and more other. It is important for both advanced and new photographers.
1. Great control. JPG is a compressed image format, but you cannot adjust any parameters once it is generated. NEF, on the other hand, allows you to control and adjust image color, exposure, sharpness and more.
2. Higher big depth. Bit depth is used to measure the number of distinct color values an image file contains. JPG format restricts to 8 bits for each component. As the result, a JPG image is made up of a total of 24 bits. A RAW file contains a much higher bit count.
3. High quality. RAW is a non-destructive image format. A NEF file contains all information and data of your sensor. Therefore, the quality is much better than JPG. That provides more opportunities to edit your photos.
What should be the best Nikon RAW converter to turn the NEF photos into JPEG? When you want to turn the RAW files within your SD card to JPEG files for your website or further editing, WidsMob ImageConvert is the desired NEF to JPEG converter that converts RAW, rotates image, applies the frame, and adds watermark within a batch process.
1. Convert the selected Nikon RAW NEF files to JPG within a batch process.
2. Support the most popular photo formats, like JPG, PNG, RAW, HEIC, DNG, etc.
3. Preview the photos and add text watermark as well as image watermarks.
4. Provide basic photo editing tools, such as rotate, resize, and more.
Step 1: Once you have installed the Nikon RAW converter, you can launch the program on your computer. Click the File menu on the top menu bar and select the Import button to load the NEF files from the SD card of your Nikon digital camera.
Step 2: Just preview the NEF photos within the program. You can double click the images to view the details. It enables you to import and export the RAW photos from a Nikon camera. Click the trash-bin icon to remove the Nikon RAW image within the program.
Step 3: It enables you to resize all the RAW photos in multiple ways, rename the files, rotate images, add photo border, and add text/image watermark within a batch process for the selected NEF camera RAW files.
Step 4: When you are ready, click the Start Convert button to open the profile dialog to convert Nikon RAW NEF to JPEG or TFF files. Click the folder icon next to the Destination box and set a specific folder to store the converted photos.
Step 5: Click and expand the Format drop-down list, and choose an image format, like JPEG, BMP or TIFF format. Adjust the image quality by moving the Quality slider. Click the Export button to start converting Nikon RAW files immediately.
What should you do if you just need to view the NEF photos? Is there a way to view the Nikon RAW without conversion? WidsMob Viewer Pro is an all-in-one Nikon RAW converter alternative to view the RAW images in different modes with ease, such as full screen mode, slideshow mode, thumbnail mode and more others.
1. View NEF files and other RAW files in different methods without conversion.
2. Support a wide range of RAW files including NEF, CR2, HEIC, DNG, etc.
3. Manage the RAW photos in different folders, or even make slideshow files.
4. Share your NEF images to social media website, send via email and more.
Step 1: Launch WidsMob Viewer Pro once you have installed the program on your MacBook. Insert the SD card from Nikon camera to your computer. You just need to double click any image or drag-and-drop the whole folder into the program to open all the NEF files.
Step 2: If you wish to see the detailed information of a Nikon RAW photo, you can click the View menu and choose the Show Info option to check out the detailed information. Moreover, you can also create a slideshow with the NEF files from Nikon Camera.
Step 3: When you need to convert a selected NEF file, you can click the Add to Favorites star icon to select the desired Nikon RAW. After that, click the My Favorites icon to view the NEF file, or even click the Export button to convert Nikon RAW to JPEG files.
Since the Nikon RAW NEF is based on the TIFF files, you can use the Nikon RAW Converter to convert NEF to TIFF to retain the original photo quality. Of course, you can also convert Nikon RAW NEF to JPEG, which is compatible with most of the online browser and photo editors.
No. You can use Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop and other RAW editing tools to process the photo editing in RAW format. But when you need to edit the photos within your Android phone or iPhone, it is still recommended to convert NEF to JPEG beforehand.
Windows Photo Gallery cannot view the Nikon RAW NEF by default. But you can always download the NEF Codec module, which allows NEF (RAW) files to be handled as easily as their JPEG and TIFF equivalents. Of course, you can convert the NEF with Nikon RAW converter.
When you want to convert Nikon RAW files, WidsMob ImageConvert is the desired Nikon RAW converter that batch convert NEF files to JPEG or TIFF. Moreover, you can also use Viewer Pro to view the camera RAW photos, select the desired photos for conversion. If you have any query about the Nikon RAW converter, you can feel free to share a comment in the article.