Last Updated on January 8, 2021 by Peter Wood
Are you planning to travel abroad? Maybe you should check your passport first. Actually, there are a lot of documents that need our pictures. When our ID cards, licenses, membership cards or passports expired, we will need to take a picture. When you go to school, every sheet needs your recent photos. Of course, you can go to the nearest photo studio. But it is more convenient to take a portrait on our smartphones and print it with home printer or portable printer. All you need is a professional passport photo app, such as Passport Photo Booth. In this article, we are going to introduce this app in details. If you want to learn more passport photo apps, you can find them in the second part.
Passport Photo Booth could help you take a standard passport photo at any time. Its key features include:
1. It will adjust the lens and other parameters according to your portrait.
2. You can use this passport photo app to take as many pictures as you wish.
3. Passport Photo Booth supports both front camera and back facing camera.
4. The time-lapse mode allows you to get ready for passport photos.
5. The on-screen instructions is helpful to take a perfect photo.
6. After taking passport photo, you can share them through email, SMS and social media, or print at home wirelessly. It also supports professional print services.
1. It supports a wider range of documents and licenses.
2. The interface is straightforward and user friendly.
3. This app is free to download in both App Store and Play Store.
1. Passport Photo Booth only supports English.
2. It requires iOS 9 and later.
My Passport Photos is a professional passport photo app for iPhones and iPads. Its basic features include:
1. The on-screen guide help you to put your face in the right place in front of your smartphone.
2. You can capture compliant photos for eVisas from more than 40 countries.
3. It supports front and rear cameras and has timer mode.
1. The interface is intuitive and easy to use.
2. My Passport Photos is a lightweight app and runs fast.
3. This app is free of charge.
4. The checkout process is simple.
1. It is not available to Android devices.
Passport Photo ID Studio is an all-in-one passport photo app for Android phone users. Its principal features include:
1. You can create a passport photo or ID photo with your camera or existing pictures.
2. It allows you to preset photo sizes for more than 100 countries.
3. You can adjust the photo dimensions and enhance photo quality to meet the requirements.
4. Passport Photo ID Studio could correct the photo positions and put your face in the center of the photo automatically.
1. This app offers more custom options.
2. The concise interface makes it easy to navigate.
3. All features are free to use.
1. It is not compatible with iOS.
2. This app does not support professional printing services.
ID PhotoPrint is useful passport photo app, although its interface seems a little dated. Its key features include:
1. You can use this app to take photos for passport or ID card.
2. It could correct the photo automatically, such as red eye, position, angle and more.
3. The instruction could help you to adjust brightness, contrast and color easily.
4. You can save the passport photos to camera roll for print in future or use the ID photo prints service.
1. This app is free to download in App Store.
2. It simplifies the process of taking passport photos.
1. ID PhotoPrint does not support Android.
2. Prints quality is not as great as professional print services.
As its name said, Passport Photo is a dedicated app for making passport photos. Its principal features include:
1. It supports to create passport photos for nearly 100 countries.
2. You can select a country and Passport Photo will adjust your photos according to the requirements automatically.
3. This passport photo app allows you to adjust contrast, brightness and other parameters.
4. After taking photos, you can share them to email, Facebook, or print wirelessly.
1. This app is free to download and use.
2. The photo quality is great.
1. It does not compatible with iOS.
2. This app does not integrate professional print services.
ID-Photo is a paid passport photo app, but it offers more helpful features and great output quality.
1. It has the capacity to correct your photos for passport or ID.
2. You can make a passport photo by taking a photo or using an existing photo.
3. ID-Photo is able to sync passport photos to iCloud automatically.
4. This app could print the photos on AirPrint enabled printers directly.
1. It supports to create high-resolution passport photos.
2. This app is compatible with a wider array of iPhone models and iOS versions.
1. It is a paid app.
2. There is no professional print service support.
In this article, we have introduced one of the best passport photo apps, Passport Photo Booth. Although it is not a perfect app, you can use it to make passport photos on your smartphone easily. Plus, we also identified five more passport photo apps have similar features to Passport Photo Booth. My Passport Photos, ID PhotoPrint and ID-Photo are available to iOS devices. Passport Photo ID Studio and Passport Photo work well on Android handsets. Compared to take passport photos at studios, these passport photo apps are more portable and convenient.