Last Updated on March 8, 2022 by Peter Wood
Today, making your pictures or selfies into artworks is easier than ever. A simple mobile app, such as Photo Lab, could achieve such a task with one click. We are accustomed to communicating with others by images. If you open your social media account, you will discover that almost every post has pictures. It makes sense when you consider that a picture could deliver a lot of words. Our eyes are easier to be attracted by images. And brains are easier to remember visual signals. As more and more photos emerge on social media, a picture cannot meet our demands. We need something more attractive and impressive, such as art pictures. That is why so many people use Photo Lab and similar apps. In this post, we will share the introduction and best alternatives of Photo Lab.
Photo Lab is a photo editor app by VicMan LLC. With this app, you can transfer an ordinary picture or portrait to an artwork. Its key features include:
1. You can enjoy more than 500 effects and filters to make your pictures unique.
2. The built-in algorithm technology can blend two pictures or photo effects.
3. The developer updates the latest stickers, photo frames, and effects.
4. It also can create a photo collage.
1. It has extensive photo effects and filters.
2. The interface is straightforward to navigate.
3. Photo Lab is available to both iOS and Android devices.
1. This app is free to download in Play Store and App Store, but if you want to use overall features or remove ads, you have to purchase in-app.
Prisma is a popular photo art app among young people. This Photo Lab alternative could turn your picture into a painting in a few seconds. Its basic features include:
1. Prisma is a photo art app that can take pictures with a built-in camera.
2. You can use more than 30 filters.
3. All photo filters and effects have custom options and control the intensity.
4. Prisma has a photographer community that allows you to share your pictures and discuss with others.
1. Prisma is easy to use.
2. It is free for both iPhones and Android devices.
1. The iPad version needs to purchase.
2. You cannot save the modified pictures at full resolution.
PicsArt Photo Studio is a versatile photo editor. You can get almost all the necessary tools related to image editing in this Photo Lab replacement.
1. It offers many image effects and filters to add magic to your pictures.
2. Compared to Photo Lab, PicsArt Photo Studio has more basic photo editing tools, such as flip, rotate, distort, and more.
3. You can alter color, brightness, and other parameters to correct a picture.
4. After editing, you can upload the results to the PicsArt community or social media.
1. It has a wide array of image editing features.
2. PicsArt Photo Studio is available in both Play Store and App Store.
3. This photo editor is free of charge.
1. There are too many tools in PicsArt Photo Studio, so the interface is cluttered.
SuperPhoto is another best alternative to Photo Lab. This photo art app has many features.
1. You can use hundreds of filters to turn a picture into unique artwork.
2. After downloading the resources, you can personalize your pictures in SuperPhoto without the Internet.
3. You can control the photo effects by customizing the sharpness, intensity, and other parameters.
4. It supports sharing the results to major social media directly.
1. SuperPhoto is compatible with both iOS and Android devices.
2. There are hundreds of filters and effects free to use.
3. The concise interface makes SuperPhoto easy to use.
1. The free version has ads. If you want to get more filters or remove ads, you have to pay for the upgrade.
Bonfire Photo Editor Pro is another popular photo editor app. Similar to Photo Lab, this photo editor could convert your pictures to fantastic art.
1. It provides hundreds of picture filters and effects for free.
2. You can edit or enhance pictures with editing tools, like rotating, flipping, and adjusting parameters.
3. The built-in previewer allows you to compare the altered picture with the original one.
4. It will optimize the picture size according to your RAM before saving.
1. The on-screen instruction and tips are helpful, especially for beginners.
2. The interface is user-friendly.
3. All features are free to use.
1. You cannot undo changes.
2. It does not have dedicated filters for selfies.
Similar to Photo Lab, Dreamscope could transform your pictures into unique paintings. Its principal features include:
1. You can use filters to transform ordinary pictures or selfies into modern art in this app.
2. It allows you to take pictures for editing within the app.
3. Dreamscope has its social network and works well with major social media.
1. All the features are free to use.
2. You can download this photo art app in both Play Store and App Store.
1. The output quality is not good.
2. It takes a longer time to apply a filter on a picture.
If you want to find Photo Lab alternative on Windows or Mac, you can use WidsMob Retoucher to retouch and beautify photos. If you want to get rid of hassle filters, then WidsMob Retoucher is the best color photo editor software you can find. You can adjust color opacity, apply color rendition profile, change the color mode, and do other changes with simple selections and sliders. What’s more, you can monitor every small change with a real-time preview window instantly.
Step 1: Run color photo editor
Free download and install WidsMob Retoucher on your Mac computer. Launch the color photo editor. Click Import to add photos to WidsMob Retoucher. Well, you can drag and drop them to its main interface too.
Step 2: Enter the photo coloring page
Choose Next on the lower right corner to move on. There are 5 different photo-editing sections in the right panel. If you want to access the color channel editor, you can choose the second icon from right to left at the bottom.
Step 3: Colorize your photo
Find Color Filter on the top of the color effect photo editor. Later, you can click the white rectangular icon beside. A new window pops up with 5 photo color editing sections. Just choose the one you like to colorize your photo. What’s more, you can adjust the color opacity by percentage freely.
Step 4: Apply color rendition and color mode (optional)
Choose the Film Pack icon. You can see 3 sections named Color Rendition Profile, Color Modes and Film Grain. Get a real-time preview window while editing. Well, you can zoom in on the picture to view the detailed information with the B/A slider at the bottom.
Step 5: Export your colorized photo
After all, customizations, choose Save on the lower right corner. Set JPEG or TIFF as the output photo format. Furthermore, you can move the quality slider below to adjust the output photo quality from the least to the best. Finally, choose Save to finish the process.
Well, if you import a selfie or portrait photo, you can also use the built-in portrait retouching filters. All in all, WidsMob Retoucher is a smart choice for beginners. You can apply color effects with the color photo editor quickly and easily.
In this post, we have introduced Photo Lab. It is one of the most popular photo art apps. Although it is not a perfect photo editor, you can use extensive filters to make your pictures and selfies unique. If you are looking for more choices, you can find more photo editors in the second part. Prisma is a famous photo editor for creating artworks; PicsArt Photo Studio offers more photo editing features. SuperPhoto could personalize your pictures without the Internet. Bonfire Photo Editor Pro and Dreamscope simplify the process of photo editing. You can choose your favorite photo editor and create beautiful images on mobile devices.