PhotoFinder Review and Top 5 PhotoFinder Alternatives You Can't Miss
Last Updated on November 15, 2021 by Peter Wood
Although more and more people take photos by phone, computers are still the destination to store these personal photos and pictures. Many people back up a large number of images on hard drives. Then there is a problem that comes with it: finding a specific photo becomes a challenge. These photos store in different folders or drives. PhotoFinder is a dedicated program to break the various locations and display all the images on your computer. That sounds awesome. So, in this article, we will introduce this utility and some alternatives. If you want to manage your pictures effectively, spend a few minutes learning these utilities right now.
Part 1: PhotoFinder Review
PhotoFinder saves you tons of time searching and browsing photos all over your computer. Let’s learn the review of this simple program immediately.
1. PhotoFinder supports most Windows operating systems, from Windows 11 to Windows 98.
2. It has a straightforward interface and is easy to navigate.
3. This photo finder can search your entire hard drive and create high-quality thumbnails automatically.
4. Users could use the Scan Drive tool to search for photos in a specific hard drive.
5. PhotoFinder allows users to zoom in or out the thumbnails.
1. Unfortunately, this program is not available to Mac computers. And to use this program, you need to install Java Runtime Environment 1.5 or later.
2. This program puts and displays pictures together without telling you the destination of a photo.
3. Compared to its price, features are insufficient.
Part 2: Best 5 PhotoFinder Alternatives
For the shortcomings of PhotoFinder, we identified the top 5 alternative photo managers.
Top 1. Best PhotoFinder Alternatives to Organize Photos on Windows 11/10/8/7 and macOS - WidsMob Viewer
1. Photo Viewer supports opening hundreds of pictures in batch. Drag and drop the folders into Photo Viewer. It will import the photos quickly.
2. This PhotoFinder alternative can read almost all picture formats, including RAW files.
3. Photo Viewer could organize and rotate your photos based on EXIF information automatically.
4. You can view your photos in various modes, such as library mode, thumbnail mode, EXIF mode, slideshow mode, and more.
5. Besides browse photos, Photo View also provides some photo editing tools, like crop, rotate, resize and convert multiple pictures in batch, apply effects, adjust colors, exposure, and other parameters.
6. After preview, you can print the pictures or share them on social media within Photo Viewer.
Top 2. The Best Windows 10 Photo Finder - Windows Photos
Windows Photos is the successor for MS Paint. And Microsoft has integrated more features into the Windows Photos program, like photo organize.
1. Windows Photos is a pre-installed photo finder, so Windows 10 users can use it to manage photos for free.
2. Windows Photos support Cortana. You can use voice to import and organize photos easily.
3. Users could manage albums and create new albums within Windows Photos.
4. Besides editing tools, This PhotoFinder alternative embedded some functions, like Red eye.
5. You can select and share some photos from computers to social networks or cloud services.
1. It is only available to Windows 10.
2. You cannot zoom in on photos during browsing.
Top 3. The Top Mac Photo Finder - Photos App
Photos app is the built-in photo editor for Mac users. The Photos app also could help you to manage, organize and find photos on your Mac computer.
1. Photos app has five tabs, including Photos, Memories, Shared, Albums, and Projects, to store photos and videos.
2. Besides the photo stored in local hard drives, the Photos app also could display the pictures in iCloud.
3. You can find any photo according to name, date, and other keywords in the search bar.
4. This PhotoFinder alternative allows users to share photos on social media, iCloud, mail, and AirDrop.
5. There are some photo editing tools within the Photos app. The face recognition feature is good.
1. Photos app is only available to Mac computers.
2. The editing tools are limited. And filters are not adjustable.
Top 4. The Best Duplicate Photo Finder - VisiPics
Sometimes, you might need to find the duplicated photos on your computer and remove the repeated ones. VisiPics is one of the best duplicate photo finders.
1. You can find duplicate photos with VisiPics according to name, date, and photo contents.
2. This PhotoFinder alternative allows you to control the finding process with strict, basic, or loose levels.
3. You can preview the result VisiPics find and decide whether to remove it.
4. This photo finder could scan all hundreds of photos and show you the duplicates in bulk.
1. The free version has a limit. For example, you have to delete the duplicates manually.
Top 5. The Best Paid Photo Finder - Adobe Lightroom
If you are a professional photographer, you may need a professional photo finder, like Adobe Lightroom. It is one of the best-paid photo finders.
1. This PhotoFinder alternative is not only a photo manager but also a photo editor. You can use the professional-grade editing tools as you wish.
2. This photo finder could manage and display up to a thousand photos at once.
3. It can sort photos based on metadata automatically.
1. The price is not affordable.
2. For iOS and Android devices, only the Lightroom CC version is available.
3. It is taxing on the system.
Based on the introductions above, you might grasp at least six photo finders. PhotoFinder is a simple photo manager that allows users to view all photos on their computers. Considering it has some shortcomings, we recommended some alternatives. For Windows 10 users, the Windows Photos program is a free photo manager. And for Mac computers, the Photos app permits management, view and find photos on computers and iCloud. VisiPics is a dedicated photo finder to scan duplicates. And Adobe Lightroom is the best-paid photo manager. If you are looking for the most cost-effective photo finder, WidsMob Viewer is a good choice.