Although more and more people use smartphone to take photos, computers are still the destination to store these personal photos and pictures. Many people back up a large amount of photos on hard drives. Then there is a problem comes with it: finding a certain photo becomes a challenge. These photos stored in different folders or even different drives. PhotoFinder is a dedicated program to break the different locations and display all the photos on your computer. That sounds awesome, right? So, in this article, we will introduce this utility and some alternatives. If you want to manage your pictures effectively, spend a few minutes to learn these utilities right now.
PhotoFinder saves you tons of time searching and browsing photos all over your computer. Let’s learn the review of this simple program immediately.
1. PhotoFinder supports most Windows operating systems, from Windows 10 to Windows 98.
2. It has a straightforward interface and is easy to navigate.
3. This photo finder is able to search your entire hard drive and create high quality thumbnails automatically.
4. Users could use the Scan Drive tool to search for photos in a certain hard drive as well.
5. PhotoFinder allows users to zoom in or out the thumbnails.
1. Unfortunately, this program is not available to Mac computers. And to use this program, you need to install Java Runtime Environment 1.5 or later.
2. This program just put and display pictures together without telling you the destination of a certain picture.
3. Compared to its price, features are insufficient.
For the shortcomings of PhotoFinder, we identified top 5 alternative photo managers.
WidsMob Viewer is not only a photo manager, but also a photo editor. The powerful features of this photo finder include:
1. Photo Viewer supports to open hundreds of pictures in batch. Simply drag and drop the folders into Photo Viewer; it will import the photos quickly.
2. This PhotoFinder alternative is able to read almost all picture formats, including RAW files.
3. Photo Viewer could organize and rotate your photos based on EXIF information automatically.
4. You can view your photos in various modes, such as library mode, thumbnail mode, EXIF mode, slideshow mode and more.
5. Beside browse photos, Photo View also provides some photo editing tools, like crop, rotate, resize and convert multiple photos in batch, apply effects, adjust colors, exposure and other parameters.
6. After preview, you can print the pictures or share them to social media within Photo Viewer.
Windows Photos is the successor for MS Paint. And Microsoft has integrated more features into Windows Photos program, like photo organize.
1. Windows Photos is a pre-installed photo finder, so Windows 10 users could use it to manage photos for free.
2. Windows Photos support Cortana. You can use voice to import and organize photos easily.
3. Users could manage albums and create new albums within Windows Photos.
4. Besides basic editing tools, This PhotoFinder alternative embedded some useful functions, like Red eye.
5. You can select and share some photos from computer to social networks or cloud services.
1. It is only available to Windows 10.
2. You cannot zoom in photos during browsing.
Photos app is the built-in photo editor for Mac users. Actually, Photos app also could help you to manage, organize and find photos on your Mac computer.
1. Photos app has five tabs, including Photos, Memories, Shared, Albums, and Projects, to store photos and videos.
2. Besides the photo stored in local hard drives, Photos app also could display the photos in iCloud.
3. You can find any photo according to name, date and other keywords in Search bar.
4. This PhotoFinder alternative allows users to share photos to social media, iCloud, mail and AirDrop.
5. There are some basic photo editing tools within Photos app. The face recognition feature is awesome.
1. Photos app is only available to Mac computer.
2. The editing tools are limited and filters are not adjustable.
Sometimes, you might need to find out the duplicated photos on your computer and remove the repeated one. VisiPics is one of the best duplicate photo finders.
1. You can find the duplicate photos with VisiPics according to name, date and photo contents.
2. This PhotoFinder alternative allows you to control the finding process with strict, basic or loose level.
3. You can preview the result VisiPics find and decide whether to remove.
4. This photo finder could scan all hundreds of photos and show you the duplicates in bulk.
1. The free version has limit. For example, you have to delete the duplicates manually.
If you are a professional photographer, you may need a professional photo finder, like Adobe Lightroom. It is one of the best paid photo finders on market.
1. This PhotoFinder alternative is not only a photo manager, but also a photo editor. You can use the professional grade editing tools as you wish.
2. This photo finder could manage and display up to a thousand photos at once.
3. It is able to sort photos based on common metadata automatically.
1. The price is not affordable.
2. For iOS and Android devices, only Lightroom CC version is available.
3. It is taxing on the system.
Based on the introductions above, you might grasp at least six photo finders. PhotoFinder is a simple photo manager that allows users to view all photos on their computers. Considering it has some shortcomings, we recommended some alternatives. For Windows 10 users, Windows Photos program is a free photo manager. And for Mac computers, the Photos app permits to manage, view and find photos on computer and iCloud. VisiPics is a dedicated photo finder to scan duplicates. And Adobe Lightroom is best paid photo manager. If you are looking for the most cost-effective photo finder, WidsMob Viewer is a smart choice.
Rate This Post