Last Updated on December 21, 2021 by Jane Joe
If you need to capture a simple video for the onscreen activities, you might not use professional video recorders. An online screen recorder is a great choice to get the desired recording without downloading an extra program. The article shares 5 video recorders online to record onscreen activities on your Windows and Mac.
Screencast-O-Matic is one of the most popular online screen recorders to let you record favorite videos, pictures, and webcam files with a single click. It only supports 15 minutes of video recording.
1. Record, zoom and draw on the desired videos, images, and webcam files.
2. In-built editing features to edit and personalize your pictures and videos.
3. Share the recording video to YouTube and other social media sites.
1. Only 15 minutes of video recording is available for Windows OS.
2. Cannot add watermark signatures on your pictures and videos with ease.
ScreenToaster is another free online screen recorder to capture screencasts, tutorials, demos, training, and more others. You can embed the files on your blogs and webpage or even send them by email.
1. Java-script feature to enable you to use it on different operating systems.
2. Embed screencast with the online screen recorder within a few clicks.
3. Come with sharing option to upload and share captured images and videos.
1. Cannot record the audio files or share/export the video within the program.
2. You have to register the online account before using the video recorder.
Movavi Screenshot Extension is a type of online screen recorder of your web browser plugin that enables you to grab the webpage, selected parts, and full screen in a few seconds.
1. Grab the visible screen area, including control panel, open windows, etc.
2. Take a high-quality screenshot or video of your desktop and instant share.
3. Capture video with system sound or add your voice comments with Mic.
1. Cannot record video or audio for any onscreen activities with large size.
2. Cannot use the online screen recorder to capture the webcam recording.
Screencastify is another online video recorder plugin, which you can record, edit and share HD videos. It enables you to record the web browser, add microphone audio, and even the webcam files.
1. Capture the whole screen, webcam files, and even narrate with the microphone.
2. Add capture attention, such as mouse spotlight, drawing pen tool, and more.
3. Autosaves the recording to Google Drive, upload to YouTube, and save files.
1. The online screen recorder only works with Chrome devices and browsers.
2. Require careful content planning and design to keep audiences interested.
Toolster Video Recorder is a video recorder online that enables you to record your screen using a webcam. It has a restriction for the period, but you can capture it as many times as you want.
1. Preview the recording levels of your video as time moves on.
2. Save the recording videos as FLV for your website or social media sites.
3. One-click to record, pause and manage the recording process.
1. It only record video and audio files within 2 minutes from your computer.
2. Install the latest version of Adobe to use the online screen recorder.
Of course, online screen recorders have many restrictions, such as the video size, recording period, and video format. When you find the online solutions do not work for you, you have to choose an alternative to capture the desired files. WidsMob Capture is an online screen recorder alternative to record video, capture audio, or even take a snapshot within clicks.
1. Record screen video/webcam, capture audio files, and take snapshots.
2. Tweak the frame rate, video quality, sample rate, bitrate, etc.
3. Add annotations, shapes, texts, callouts, or even draw on the recording.
4. Set up the desired hotkeys, mouse cursor, count down, and more.
Step 1: Download and install the online screen recorder alternative. You can launch the program on your computer. Go to the Preferences option from the WidsMob Capture menu to tweak the settings for the recording.
Step 2: Select the General option to change the output recorded file frame rate, bitrate, and sample rate. Moreover, you can also add the mouse cursor, count download, and other elements for the output file.
Step 3: After that, you can choose the desired area for recording, add the audio channel, webcam recording, and other files. Now you can click on the REC button to start recording the onscreen activities on your computer.
Step 4: During the recording process, you can add the desired text files, callouts, shape, arrow, and other elements for the recording. Once you have clicked the Stop button, it will save the recording to the destination folder.
The article shares the 5 most frequently used online screen recorders to capture the desired files online. Just learn more about the features of these programs to record the desired files without downloading extra programs. But there are some restrictions, especially when you need to capture a high-quality video or even a large file. WidsMob Capture is the online video recorder alternative to get satisfying videos.