GIF Converter Review – Here are 8 Best Choices to Convert Photos and Videos to Animated GIFs
Last Updated on August 30, 2023 by Peter Wood
What are the best GIF converters to turn photos, videos, and other files into animated GIFs? There are hundreds of GIF makers and editors for different platforms, including Android, iOS, Windows, and Mac. Which one should you choose? Just learn more details about the GIF converter review with the excellent features.
Part 1: 2 Best GIF Converters for Windows/Mac
WidsMob GIF – The High-Quality GIF Converter
WidsMob GIF is the all-in-one GIF converter to make animated GIFs from photos, videos, and animated files. It enables you to cut out the desired clip, add text files/stickers, customize the duration, set up GIF quality, and even apply loop effects. Moreover, it enables you to save animated GIFs with a maximum resolution of 320 pixels with up to a 50FPS frame rate.
1. Convert photos, videos, GIFs, APNGs, and others to animated GIF files.
2. Adjust frame rate, GIF quality, background color, loop count, and more.
3. Add text files and stickers with stack, opacity, shape, margin, and others.
4. Provide multiple editing features, such as rotate, mirror, add frame, etc.
GIF Brewery – Create fine-crafted GIFs for Mac
When you need to create animated GIFs for Mac, GIF Brewery is the desired GIF converter that converts screencast videos to animated GIFs, including the webcam and screen recording. You can simply control the quality of GIFs by adjusting the number of colors, frame rate, and size. There are basic features to resize, crop, cut, and apply multiple image filters.
1. Add multiple captions or overlay images to make beautiful animated GIFs.
2. Set the desired frame rate, or manually set frame count and frame delay.
3. Convert videos to GIFs directly and record screens to make animated GIFs.
4. Resize, crop, rotate, adjust the color, and add filters or effects to the output.
Part 2: 6 Best GIF Converters Online
GIPHY – Search and Create Animated GIFs
GIPHY is an easy GIF converter for creating animated GIFs from videos and photos. It provides multiple options to create your own GIFs and add custom captions and stickers. Moreover, it has a massive library of GIFs, with millions of options to choose from, including reactions, memes, and more. You can always create animated GIFs from smartphones.
1. Make it easy to find, search and download perfect GIFs for any situation.
2. Provide several GIF creation tools, including GIF Maker and Giphy Cam.
3. Integrated into various social media sites, including Facebook, Twitter, etc.
4. Offer an API that developers can use to integrate the vast library of GIFs.
Imgur – GIF Converter and Hosting Service
Imgur is not an animated GIF-making tool, but it provides a platform for users to upload, host, and share their created GIFs. It enables you to search for the source of the video or image content you want to convert into a GIF. The online GIF converter can share the share Imgur link to your GIF on social media platforms, forums, or other websites.
1. Provide pre-stored templates to edit GIF animations from media files.
2. Store GIF animations in the cloud by creating a shared image gallery.
3. Edit and enhance the GIF animation with built-in GIF editing features.
4. Easy integration with social media platforms for seamless sharing.
Kapwing – Versatile Online GIF Converter
If you need to make some creative GIF animation projects, Kapwing is a powerful and versatile GIF converter, which allows you to create animated GIFs from photos and videos. It provides a wide range of editing options, including adding captions, stickers, and audio files. You can always make animated GIFs online without downloading extra programs.
1. Provide multiple editing tools for making videos, GIFs, and images.
2. Custom filters, text, shapes, and more with multiple editing features.
3. Add music, sound effects, and voiceovers to your videos and GIFs.
4. Offer cloud storage to save and access your projects for further editing.
Animaker – Convert Animated GIFs with Presets
Animaker is an online GIF converter tool that enables you to create animated GIFs from photos and videos. It offers a wide range of customization options, including adding text, music, and sound effects, making it an excellent choice for creating engaging content. It provides effortlessly creates visually stunning live-action videos and GIFs in a few minutes.
1. Create animated videos and GIFs via preset templates or from scratch.
2. Provide a wide range of options, including characters, backgrounds, etc.
3. Add animated characters, properties, icons, images, videos, and more.
4. Run on a powerful HTML5 engine performance on optimized browsers.
If you just need to convert photos or videos to animated GIFs, Convertio is a free GIF converter to achieve the desired animated GIFs in just a few clicks. It supports a wide range of file formats and offers various customization options, such as resizing, cropping, and adding filters. But you cannot have an instant preview and find more editing features.
1. Convert a wide range of file types, like images, videos, and audio files.
2. Make GIFs from various sources, like URLs, cloud services, and more.
3. Integration with various cloud storage services to convert animated files.
4. Convert multiple video formats to animated GIFs, or vice versa online.
Gfycat can be used as a GIF converter, which allows you to upload animated GIFs and convert them to other video formats, like MP4, WebM, and more. It also enables you to make GIFs from videos on YouTube, Vimeo, and others. But it only supports animated GIFs within one minute, which uses advanced compression techniques to maintain the original quality.
1. Preserve the original quality when converting videos/photos to GIFs.
2. Provide batch processing for multiple GIF uploading and editing.
3. Embed the video or GIF animation directly into social media websites.
4. Trim, add captions, and edit your videos to make the perfect GIF.
Whether you need an online GIF converter or a desktop one, there are 8 best GIF converters to convert or convert animated GIFs. When you need to get optimal quality, WidsMob GIF is always the initial choice you should try.