Open PDF on Android – Should I Download PDF Readers on Android
Last Updated on April 24, 2022 by Tina Clark
Is it possible to open PDFs on Android phones directly? Since Android ships with limited support for PDFs, you have to download PDF applications to deal with the desired PDF documents, especially for new Android devices. When you cannot open the PDF files on Android devices, here is the ultimate guide to open PDF on Android from the article.
Part 1: How to Open PDF on Android Phones and Tablets Easily
Whether you need to open documents, invoices, eBooks, presentations, or other files in PDF format, PDFElement for Android is a versatile method to open PDF on Android, add annotations to the documents, and manage the PDF files on the go. Moreover, it allows sharing of edited PDF documents with other apps or sends them directly in emails.
1. Open and edit PDFs on Android phones and tablets on the go.
2. Add texts, callouts, shapes, lines, and even freehand drawing.
3. Manage the PDF documents, such as move, copy, rename, etc.
4. Customize and Embed with special folders for managing PDFs.
Step 1: Download and install PDFelement for Android on your smartphones or tablets. You can simply launch the PDF reader and log into the cloud storage account to get into the program.
Step 2: Open your PDF in your cloud account. As for PDF attachments from your Email app from a website, you can tap on the Open with option and select PDFelement App to open PDF on Android.
Part 2: How to Open and Edit PDF on Android with Adobe PDF Reader
Most of the brand new Android phones today have a built-in PDF reader. However, there are still units that don’t have this feature or there are readers that need to be paid before you can use them. So, if you don’t have this built-in reader, you can try the Adobe PDF Reader application to open and edit your PDF files on your Android.
Step 1. Install the Adobe PDF Reader from the Google Play Store on your Android device. It allows you to open and edit the desired PDF documents on your Android devices in a matter of seconds.
Step 2. Navigate to the folder containing the PDF file. Simply tap on the PDF file to open the PDF files immediately on your phone. It provides many additional capabilities, such as brightness control and night mode.
Part 3: 5 PDF Readers to Open PDF Documents on Android
Top 1: Xodo PDF Reader
Xodo PDF Reader is another PDF viewer for Android, which distinguishes itself from the underpowered crowd by the breadth and depth of its feature set. It is not limited to opening PDFs on Android but also allows you to generate new PDFs using your camera, pictures, or Office documents. It can fill out, save, and distribute PDF forms.
1. Smart connection with Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, and others.
2. Sync your changes with the source file to make sure always up to date.
3. Collaborate with others on your work using Xodo's connected service.
4. Edit PDF files, like modify, copy, transfer, and delete any document.
5. Provide excellent Xodo’s implementation of the PDF reading engine.
Top 2: Foxit PDF Reader
Foxit PDF Reader is a popular PDF reader for Android on Google Play. PDFs open fast, you have complete control over orientation, text reflows to fit, and you can adjust the brightness and background color to make sure a pleasant reading in any circumstances. Of course, it enables you to open PDF files on Android devices easily.
1. Simple annotations to highlight text, make notes and sketch on the page.
2. Real-time collaboration on comments and adjustments for PDFs.
3. Form management to fill out/save forms, import/export data, and others.
4. A variety of sophisticated capabilities exclusively with a subscription.
5. Compatibility for OneDrive Business to work together with others easily.
Top 3: All PDF Reader
All PDF Reader is a self-contained PDF app for Android phones that is completely free to open PDF files on Android. While some PDF reader alternatives that may appear comparable at first glance, All PDF includes several handy capabilities for managing PDF files that are frequently available as paid extras in other programs.
1. Provide the capability to combine/split PDF files or extract text segments.
2. Convert PDFs to pictures, manage to print and compress PDF files easily.
3. Preview and open all PDFs in a grid format and locate the desired PDFs.
4. Go directly to the previous page, instead of resume from the beginning.
5. View the PDF list in a list or grid view, which shows the PDF file thumbnail.
Top 4: Gaaiho PDF Reader
Gaaiho PDF Reader does not receive nearly as much attention as Adobe, Foxit, and the other big-name competitors. It has The primary viewing engine quickly opens PDF documents on Android and provides a comfortable and versatile environment for reading, adding, and managing comments, or even inspecting any attached files.
1. Add and edit bookmarks en to highlight critical sections of any PDF files.
2. Provide annotation features to highlight text and create lines, arrows, etc.
3. Offer a complete set of annotations, such as note, stamp, shape, and more.
4. Enjoy top-tier launching and display speed when opening PDF on Android.
5. Exclusively support direct access to the cloud PDF files through Dropbox.
Top 5: Google PDF Viewer
Google PDF Viewer was the official and built-in PDF reader for Android until it was withdrawn. It is compact and contains only a few essential functions. It does, however, operate quite well. Apart from opening and reading PDF files, you may search within them for certain words or phrases, zoom in, pick the specific text for copying, and so on.
1. Sync PDFs with Google Drive and will not display app icon on the launcher.
2. Provide the built-in option when you attempt to open a PDF on Android.
3. Enhance the steadily and stability over time as a trustworthy PDF reader.
4. Read and print PDF documents and search for text within the PDF files.
5. Come with standard PDF viewing and navigation features.