Easy and Fast Portrait Editing Software.
* 100% Clean & Safe
EXIF is known as Exchangeable Image File Format. Most of the digital cameras and scanners require EXIF data to open or view. There are three main including types, which are TIFF, JPEG and RAW. As for the meaning of metadata, there are many ways to read the information. Amateurs can view photographers’ representative art works by inspecting EXIF metadata. As a result, many people prefer to edit EXIF data to protect their privacy. Thus, this article aims to explain the function and side effects about properties, with which you can decide whether to retain properties.
In reality, the EXIF metadata behind an image includes more information than you can imagine. You can know the delicate place you had taken pictures, which camera you used, not mention to the shutter speed and ISO speed rating. Cameras will record all the production of photographs automatically. Therefore, it is a good idea to follow cameraman’s step by copying their operation. You can also compare the differences between you and professionals to get the key point. In addition, much software can sort out photos by the internal properties rather than considering shooting date directly. Thus, the similar photos will be collected together with the help of properties.
Many mobile phones and digital cameras are able to use GPS to locate the place. You need to close manually, or the exact location will still be added into metadata. Some huge image-sharing platform enables you to view properties behind. Flickr offers photographers to view images in EXIF files by clicking “View EXIF Info” selection. You can also choose to use Explorer on Windows computers to find out metadata. After you find the object photo, right click it and then choose “Properties”, next tap “Summary” to view Exchangeable Image File Format data in detail. Or you can also use EXIF plug-ins and the EXIF viewer to view as well.
You can choose to use EXIF removers or metadata editors to delete properties. Actually, there are no methods to stop Exchangeable Image File Format recording on Mac or Windows computers. However, you can process privacy without any other third party EXIF orientation. On windows computers, you can edit properties directly. As for Mac photos, it is necessary to use third party editors if you need to edit metadata in specific.
The first step of editing EXIF and metadata is to find the photos. After that, right click to get “properties”. If you just want to view image particulars, click “Details” icon. You can know origin and image ID to compare. To delete the certain data information, you need to click “Remove Properties and Personal Information”. There are two selections for you, the first one is to create a copy with all possible properties removed, and the next one allows you to remove EXIF info. Thus, you should click “Remove the following properties from this file”. After that, you can tick which data item you do not want to delete. The last step is choosing “OK” to finish EXIF deletion.
You can also use an EXIF Editor to remove EXIF Data on Windows. ExifTool is a comprehensive platform-independent Windows editor to read, write and edit Meta information. Almost all metadata formats and maker notes of digital cameras are available in the powerful ExifTool. Moreover, there are numerous output formatting selections and multi-lingual output for you to upload and save Windows EXIF data. To make sure users can edit EXIF data online easily, the Windows EXIF maker can backup original image during wiring automatically, and you can also get thousands of different tags to modify EXIF Meta.
1. Open images by “Export/ Import” or dragging and dropping directly. You can use EXIF, GPS, IPTC, JFIF and other metadata formats with ExifTool on Windows. Moreover, ExifTool supports mostly digital cameras, such as Canon, Casio, HP, JVC, Nikon, Sony and so on.
2. Click “Modify” option to edit EXIF data on Windows in specific. You can rename EXIF files, shift the date/ time settings, or correct any other output freely. Furthermore, The Windows EXIF Metadata Editor is able to extract thumbnail images and delete Meta information individually or in-group.
3. Output EXIF files in various file types.
You can run ExifTool to edit EXIF data on Windows 7/8/10/ XP/ Vista after installing. Being the three-in-one EXIF viewer, ExifTool enables people to convert image formats as well. In addition, you can create text output files for each image file and binary-format metadata-only files for backup. In a word, ExifTool is the idea choice to edit EXIF data app on Windows.
On the Mac computer, the first step is to right click your photo as well. Select “Tools” to show inspector “More Info” list. You can also choose “Get info” to view metadata description on Mac. There are five parts of photo details for you to edit. The general part is the data and other image information. You can tick image format or choose metadata and color profiles. The first one is frequently used, which contains gamma, color profiles, optional chunks, while the next one is strip JPEG metadata. The other four parts are EXIF, GPS, JFIF and TIFF. You can edit EXIF data on the basis. You can also add or delete location showing in maps. Though you can get various photo details by viewing EXIF metadata, you still cannot know which photography styles they use.
Here is also an EXIF data editor on Mac, its name is EXIF Editor. You can edit your EXIF and IPTC image metadata on Mac easily. The total function of the Mac EXIF metadata editor enables you to modify and correct image information in free.
1. Open files you want to edit EXIF metadata. You can view the open dialog or dragging and dropping to prepare to remove EXIF data. Moreover, it is ok to batch edit EXIF data on Mac, you just select all of them to open at once. EXIF Editor supports JPEG and various RAW formats to adjust.
2. Correct EXIF information in the dialog. There are three main aspects for you to modify EXIF files. The general part is artist, image description, copyright, software and user comment. As for camera settings, you are able to change camera model name and make. The last part is creating data.
3. Click “Process” icon to get edited EXIF images automatically.
Actually, you can do more operation about EXIF editing in precision. EXIF Editor allows you to modify data in various available options. In addition, you can correct time configuration by a specific amount of hours/ minutes/ days to change camera settings. Much more interesting, you can view and adjust exact GPS location from the map window.
Fireebok allows people to edit or delete EXIF data to avoid identity leaking. You can use the iOS EXIF editor to change GPS information as well. Fireebok Photo Exifer makes it possible to transfer camera roll photos to your computer within one click. You can remove GPS properties and EXIF Properties in three modes. Moreover, if you want to batch edit EXIF metadata, Fireebok Photo Exifer can achieve the goal in-group.
1. Double click the photo to open. You can operate on your iOS device directly, or you can also connect to the computer to view EXIF data from the camera roll.
2. Click “Edit photo meta data” option to modify EXIF files in detail. The whole EXIF information of your iPhone image will show in the right panel, you just need to delete and select to edit EXIF metadata.
3. Tap “Download Photo” icon to download edited EXIF data from iPhone. If you just want to delete personal information, click “Delete photo meta data” before you download EXIF photos.
You can preview changes before saving to avoid mistakes. For example, if you want to set GPS information again, you can preview in the map window of stored GPS location. Your EXIF metadata will be safe no matter how much EXIF information you had edited. None of them will be rewritten or damaged.
Is there an EXIF data viewer and manager to check the information when you view the images? WidsMob Viewer Pro should be the right choice you have to take into consideration. It should be an ultimate photo viewer that enables you check and remove the EXIF information with ease.
1. Hot keys to view the EXIF information for any image on Mac with ease.
2. Save to JPEG-2000 or BMP without EXIF information in a batch process.
3. Add or click one file to open the photos and videos within the same folder.
4. Different viewing modes to view thumbnail, full screen, slideshow and more.
Step 1: Download and install the EXIF data viewer. If you have already set it as the default photo viewer, just click one image or view to add the media files within the same folder. You can also check the desired files within the thumbnail mode.
Step 2: Use the default Command + I, or you can go to “View” > “Show Info” to check the EXIF information included in the photos. When you go to the next RAW image, you can view the EXIF information directly without opening the EXIF viewer again.
Step 3: If you do not want others to find the EXIF information, you can go to the “File” > “Save As” to save the files as JPEG-2000 or BMP format, which will excludes the information. Moreover, you can also go to “Edit” > “Batch” > “Batch Convert” to remove the information in a batch process.
In some cases, photographers prefer to use location tags to tell others where they had been in euphemistic way. However, not all shooting are suitable with tags to announce others. In most cases, turning off location access can avoid many unnecessary troubles. You can use EXIF tags to clarify differences among photos. As for iPhone and Android users, there are still some methods to stop GPS tagging automatically. Open the camera app on the mobile phone, and then find the settings icon. Click the location icon to turn off GPS tagging. Processes are similar on iOS and Android devices. If you cannot find the object, click “Save location” to stop is also available. Or you can also go to “Privacy” on iPhone to get “location service”. After that, choose “Camera” to turn off location access, by choosing “Never”. At length, you can take pictures without location tagging.
What is EXIF information and how to take advantage of the information? Just read on the article to get the detailed information now. Moreover, you can also edit, view and manage the EXIF information with the best programs within the article. If you have more other query, you can feel free to leave a comment.
Rate This Post