Last Updated on December 6, 2021 by Peter Wood
EXIF is Exchangeable Image File Format. Most digital cameras and scanners require to open EXIF data as three main types of TIFF, JPEG, and RAW. As for the meaning of metadata, there are many ways to read the information. Amateurs can view photographers’ representative artworks by inspecting EXIF metadata. As a result, many people prefer to edit EXIF data to protect their privacy. Thus, this article aims to explain the function and side effects of properties, with which you can decide whether to retain properties.
WidsMob Media Viewer - View single image, multiple images, folder-based images, and videos in incredible fast speed and simple operation with various viewing modes. You can browse all your photos (including RAW files) and videos in one window without extra clicking and operating.
In reality, the EXIF metadata behind an image includes more information than you can imagine. You can know the place you had taken pictures, the camera you used, the shutter speed, and ISO speed rating. Cameras will record all the production of photographs automatically. It is a good idea to follow the cameraman’s steps and operation. You can also compare the differences between you and professionals to get the point. In addition, much software can sort out photos by the internal properties rather than considering shooting date directly. Thus, similar photos will collect together with the help of properties.
Many mobile phones and digital cameras are able to use GPS to locate the place. You need to close manually, or the exact location will still be added into metadata. Some huge image-sharing platform enables you to view properties behind. Flickr offers photographers to view images in EXIF files by clicking the View EXIF Info selection. You can also choose to use Explorer on Windows computers to find out metadata. After you find the object photo, right-click it and then choose Properties, next tap Summary to view Exchangeable Image File Format data in detail. Or you can also use EXIF plug-ins and the EXIF viewer to view as well.
You can choose to use EXIF removers or metadata editors to delete properties. Actually, there are no methods to stop Exchangeable Image File Format recording on Mac or Windows computers. However, you can process privacy without any other third-party EXIF orientation. On Windows computers, you can edit properties directly. As for Mac photos, it is necessary to use third-party editors if you need to edit metadata in specific.
The first step of editing EXIF and metadata is to find the photos. After that, right-click to get properties. If you want to view image particulars, click the Details icon. You can know the origin and image ID to compare. To delete certain data information, you need to click Remove Properties and Personal Information. There are two selections for you, the first one is to create a copy with all possible properties removed, and the next one allows you to remove EXIF info. Thus, you should click Remove the following properties from this file. After that, you can tick which data item you do not want to delete. The last step is choosing OK to finish EXIF deletion.
You can also use an EXIF Editor to remove EXIF Data on Windows. ExifTool is a comprehensive platform-independent Windows editor to read, write and edit Meta information. Almost all metadata formats and maker notes of digital cameras are available in the powerful ExifTool. Moreover, there are numerous output formatting selections and multi-lingual output for you to upload and save Windows EXIF data. To make sure users can edit EXIF data online, the Windows EXIF maker can backup the original image during wiring. And you can also get thousands of different tags to modify EXIF Meta.
1. Open images by “Export/ Import” or dragging and dropping directly. You can use EXIF, GPS, IPTC, JFIF, and other formats with ExifTool on Windows. Moreover, ExifTool supports most digital cameras, such as Canon, Casio, HP, JVC, Nikon, Sony, etc.
2. Click the “Modify” option to edit EXIF data on Windows in specific. You can rename EXIF files, shift the date/ time settings, or correct any other output freely. Furthermore, The Windows EXIF Metadata Editor can extract thumbnail images and delete Meta information individually or in-group.
3. Output EXIF files in various file types.
You can run ExifTool and edit EXIF data on Windows 7/8/10/ XP/ Vista. Being the three-in-one EXIF viewer, ExifTool enables people to convert image formats. In addition, you can create text output files for each image file and binary-format metadata-only files for backup. In a word, ExifTool is the ideal choice to edit the EXIF data app on Windows.
On the Mac computer, the first step is to right-click your photo as well. Select Tools to show the inspector More Info list. You can also choose Get info to view metadata descriptions on Mac. There are five parts of photo details for you to edit. The general part is the data and other image information. You can tick the image format or choose metadata and color profiles. The first one is frequently used and contains gamma, color profiles, optional chunks, while the next one is strip JPEG metadata. The other four parts are EXIF, GPS, JFIF, and TIFF. You can edit EXIF data and add or delete locations shown in maps. Though you can get various photo details by viewing EXIF metadata, you still cannot know which photography styles they use.
Here is also an EXIF data editor on Mac. Its name is EXIF Editor. You can edit your EXIF and IPTC image metadata on Mac easily. The function of the Mac EXIF metadata editor enables you to modify and correct image information for free.
1. Open files you want to edit EXIF metadata. You can view the open dialog or drag and drop to prepare to remove EXIF data. Moreover, it is ok to batch edit EXIF data on Mac. You just select all of them to open at once. EXIF Editor supports JPEG and various RAW formats to adjust.
2. Correct EXIF information in the dialog. There are three main aspects for you to modify EXIF files. The general part is artist, image description, copyright, software, and user comment. As for camera settings, you can change the camera model name and make. The last part is creating data.
3. Click the “Process” icon to get edited EXIF images automatically.
You can do more operations about EXIF editing in precision. EXIF Editor allows you to modify data in various available options. In addition, you can correct time configuration by a specific amount of hours/ minutes/ days to change camera settings. Much more interesting, you can view and adjust the exact GPS location from the map window.
Fireebok allows people to edit or delete EXIF data to avoid identity leaking. You can use the iOS EXIF editor to change GPS information as well. Fireebok Photo Exifer makes it possible to transfer camera roll photos to your computer within one click. You can remove GPS properties and EXIF Properties in three modes. Moreover, if you want to batch edit EXIF metadata, Fireebok Photo Exifer can achieve the goal in-group.
1. Double click the photo to open. You can operate on your iOS device directly. Or you can also connect to the computer to view EXIF data from the camera roll.
2. Click the “Edit photo metadata” option to modify EXIF files in detail. The EXIF information of your iPhone image will show in the right panel. You need to delete and select to edit EXIF metadata.
3. Tap the “Download Photo” icon to download edited EXIF data from iPhone. If you want to delete personal information, click Delete photo metadata before downloading EXIF photos.
You can preview changes before saving to avoid mistakes. For example, if you want to set GPS information again, you can preview in the map window of stored GPS location. Your EXIF metadata will be safe no matter how much EXIF information you edited. None of them will be rewritten or damaged.
Is there an EXIF data viewer and manager to check the information when viewing the images? WidsMob Viewer Pro should be the right choice you have to consider. It is an ultimate photo viewer to view and remove the EXIF information.
1. Hotkeys to view the EXIF information for any image on Windows and Mac.
2. Save to JPEG-2000 or BMP without EXIF information in a batch process.
3. Add or click one file to open the photos and videos within the same folder.
4. Different viewing modes to view the thumbnail, full screen, slideshow, and more.
Step 1: Download and install the EXIF data viewer. If you have already set it as the default photo viewer, click one image or view to add the media files within the same folder. You can also check the desired files within the thumbnail mode.
Step 2: Use the default Command + I, or you can go to View > Show Info to check the EXIF information included in the photos. When you go to the next image, you can view the EXIF information directly without opening the EXIF viewer again.
Step 3: If you do not want others to find the EXIF information, you can go to the File > Save As to save the files in JPEG-2000 or BMP format, which will exclude the information. Moreover, you can also go to Edit > Batch > Batch Convert to remove the information in a batch process.
In some cases, photographers prefer to use location tags to tell others where they had been euphemistic. However, not all shootings are suitable with tags to announce others. In most cases, turning off location access can avoid many unnecessary troubles. You can use EXIF tags to clarify differences among photos. As for iPhone and Android users, there are still some methods to stop GPS tagging automatically. Open the camera app on the mobile phone and find the settings icon. Click the location icon to turn off GPS tagging. Processes are similar on iOS and Android devices. If you cannot find the object, click Save location to stop is also available. Or you can also go to Privacy on iPhone to get location service. After that, choose Camera to turn off location access by selecting Never. At length, you can take pictures without location tagging.