Top 11 Mouse Macro Recorders to Automate Mouse and Keyboard Macros
Last Updated on March 28, 2023 by Jane Joe
Whether you need to record a video tutorial for mouse and keyboard actions, or even repeat the same task for gameplay over and over again, an auto mouse recorder or a keyboard recorder should be helpful. It will make scripts of your mouse or keyboard activities. Then the repetitive works can be done automatically via macros and macro recorder.
For the HV-MS735 programmable mouse or HV-KB395L programmable keyboard, you can use the built-in mouse recorder to create macros. But other non-programmable products, or share the video tutorial for mouse and keyboard actions, you can create macros with third-party macro recorder software instead. This article will show you workable tools to automate your traditional mouse and keyboard.
- Part 1: The Best Mouse and Keyboard Recorder for Video Tutorial
- Part 2: Top 10 Mouse Recorder Software for Windows and macOS
- Extended Reading: More Things You Need to Know about Mouse Macro Recorder
Part 1: The Best Mouse and Keyboard Recorder for Video Tutorial
If you just need to record simple mouse and keyboard actions for your audiences, WidsMob Capture is a mouse and keyboard recorder that not only has the advanced features to capture mouse action and keyboard shortcuts but also draws attention with sound effects and highlights. Moreover, it will show the mouse cursor, record the mouse area, adjust the mouse size, and tweak the other settings before recording.
1. Record mouse movements, mouse clicks, keyboard inputs, and other information.
2. Tweak track point, mouse size, mouse click color, hotkeys for mouse, and others.
3. Capture mouse and keyboard videos with sound files in the original quality.
4. Adjust the recording window, webcam, phone, game, browser, audio files, etc.
How to Use Mouse and Keyboard Recorder
Step 1: Download and install Screen Recorder, you can launch the program on your computer. Click the 3-line icon from the upper left corner and choose the Preferences button from the drop-down list. After that, you can click the Mouse and keystroke tab to tweak the settings for mouse recording.
Step 2: Check the Show mouse cursor option, which enables you to tweak the mouse click color, the mouse area color, the size of the mouse, the position of the mouse, and even show the left or right click status of the mouse, and other settings. After that, you can click the OK button to save the settings beforehand.
Step 3: Back to the home interface of the screen recorder, you can capture the gameplay videos or video tutorials, but also shows the actions from the mouse cursor and keyboard shortcuts. Once you have selected the desired recording mode, you can click the REC button to start the mouse recorder on your computer.
Step 4: Just click the Stop button to save the recording on your computer. Preview the mouse recording file and make some adjustments. After that, you can click the Done button to save the video. It provides more tools to delete the video, playback the file, and even further edit the files within the editing window.
Part 2: Top 10 Mouse Recorder Software for Windows and macOS
The followings are popular mouse recorders for desktop users. You can choose any software to record macros for a non-programmable keyboard and mouse. Which can be your best mouse recorder? Just read and compare.
Top 1: Bartels Media GmbH Macro Recorder
Once you press Record, you can record mouse movements, mouse clicks, and keyboard inputs. It is more like a tape recorder. Once you record actions, you can set to repeat the macro infinitely.
1. Automate any action on Windows/Mac desktop applications or webpages.
2. Include a mouse recorder and keyboard recorder to get an infinite replay.
3. The smart mouse recorder can turn shaky mouse moves into curved or linear shapes with advanced algorithms.
4. Use overlay graphics to visualize the recorded mouse paths and clicks.
Top 2: JitBit Macro Recorder
JitBit Macro Recorder can track and record mouse cursor coordinates on your computer. Moreover, you can adjust the playback speed of the recorded macro. Just insert delay commands manually. It is more than a simple mouse recorder or keyboard recorder, you can record, automate, and convert macros into EXE files.
1. Record, convert, and compile your macro into an EXE-file.
2. Assign mouse and keyboard macros into hotkeys.
3. Use the macro editor or built-in commands to create macros.
4. Set loop macro playback and adjust macro recording filters within the mouse recorder for Windows.
Top 3: Turnssoft Mini Mouse Macro
It is a free mouse recorder that can perform macro task automation with command-line scripting and recording. You can use the Mini Mouse Macro recorder to record your actions in real-time on your computer.
1. The mouse recorder is totally portable. Mini Mouse Macro is a single executable file without installation.
2. Use macro scripts to schedule tasks in Mini Mouse Macro.
3. Control macro flow with Conditional Formatting.
4. Set mouse macro automation for left-click, right-click, and keystrokes.
Top 4: Remouse Mouse Recorder
You can use Remouse to record and repeat keyboard and mouse actions on Windows 10/8/7 computer. The operation records will be saved as script files. Furthermore, you can use the task manager to make multiple macros as well.
1. Record mouse and keyboard events into script files.
2. Customize the configuration with a convenient settings interface.
3. Require no programming experience.
4. Intuitive and clean interface.
Top 5: Axife Mouse Recorder
Axife Mouse Recorder is a desktop mouse recorder with an action wizard editor. You can record mouse movements with the Record and Stop options quickly. Later, you can click Play to repeat mouse and keyboard actions in a loop.
1. Record mouse and keyboard activities on Windows 10, Windows 8, and Windows 7 in 64-bit systems.
2. Adjust trigger mode with the duration of the trigger condition, similarity, and more.
3. Schedule scripts with a specific time.
4. Set the custom speed of instant macro playback.
Top 6: Nemex Studios Mouse Recorder Pro
It is a PC-based mouse recorder that can record mouse motions upon a screen. You can record the position of the mouse, the response delay, and more details. Besides, you can edit the saved scripts to make the mouse recording runs faster. Though Mouse Recorder Pro hasn’t been updated for over 10 years.
1. The download package is small in file size.
2. Execute scripts at a specific time.
3. The mouse recorder software is designed for novices with no technical experience.
4. Mouse Recorder Pro is free to use on Windows 98E.
Top 7: EasyClicks Macros
EasyClicks Macros allows users to make keyboard shortcuts for macros. You can specify the operation key based on your preference. Though EasyClicks Macros recorder hasn’t been updated since 2015.
1. There is no need to install EasyClicks Macros specifically.
2. Create shortcuts for mouse recording playback.
3. Record mouse clicks, drag, and move individually.
4. Safe and clean to use.
Top 8: Macro Toolworks
Macro Toolworks is a mouse recorder for Windows users, which has both free and professional versions. For beginners, the Macro Toolworks free version is enough. You can save keyboard inputs and mouse commands within Macro Toolworks for free.
1. Open multiple macro files at the same time.
2. The macro recorder is compatible with Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP/Vista.
3. Record macros with a macro recorder or command lines.
4. Record not only keyboard and mouse inputs, but also time, date, open or close window, and other triggers.
Top 9: Ghost Mouse
Ghost Mouse has a tiny interface. There are only Record and Play buttons. You can choose the Record button to record mouse movements on a PC. Then you can play the automated mouse scripts. Compared with other mouse recorders, Ghost Mouse has limited features.
1. Record mouse and keyboard inputs on Windows 10/8/7.
2. Simple interface with small file size.
3. No malware or bundleware.
4. Easy to use for beginners.
Top 10: AutoHotkeys Mouse Recorder
AutoHotkeys is an open-source and free mouse recorder for Windows. It relies on a scripting language to automate your operations, including recording mouse or keyboard macros, remap buttons on the keyboard, mouse, and joystick, expand abbreviations, even DLL calls and Windows Messages.
1. Open source mouse recorder for Windows.
2. Can record keyboard, mouse, and joystick inputs.
3. Advanced macros can be created.
4. Help documentation for beginners.
Extended Reading: More Things You Need to Know about Mouse Macro Recorder
Most of the mouse recorders only enable you to record a script of the mouse cursor and keyboard strokes. WidsMob Capture is a versatile method that enables you to capture the onscreen activities, as well as the mouse cursor and keyboard stroke in an intuitive way.
If you need to record Macro for mouse action on macOS, you would need to open the System Preferences menu and navigate to the Accessibility option. After that, you can check the Enable access for assistive devices option for mouse and keyboard recording.
Mouse Macro recorder is a program that records all your mouse actions, and then repeats all the actions accurately. When you have to do some repetitive tasks, you can simply take advantage of the above tools to achieve the task with a macro.