Last Updated on December 29, 2021 by Jane Joe
Will you purchase Snagit 2020 with US$49.95 to record the screen or video on Windows and Mac? As one of the most popular screen recorders, Snagit has some advanced features that let you quickly capture a process, add your explanation and create visual instruction. Is it worth the price? What is the best alternative for Snagit for Mac/PC? When you want to find an option to record your screen, online videos, gameplay, and more onscreen activities on Windows and Mac computers. You should make the best decision before opening your wallet.
What is Snagit? Snagit is screen capture software that allows you to capture screen images, edit and crop photos and share them with relevant media. This rich-feature screen recording program is available for both personal and business usage.
1. Take screenshots and save the files in still or animated images.
2. Screen capture for the screen with audio for both PC and Mac.
3. Record iPhone screen with the TechSmith Capture app easily.
4. Support scrolling screen capture for apps and webpages.
5. Basic trim screen recording features for the recording videos.
6. Add callouts, shapes, text, and others to the screen recording file.
7. Support webcam recording via Face Cam within Snagit.
1. Lightweight and work smoothly on both old and new computers.
2. It is safe to use without the process interacting with your file system.
3. There is a 15-day free trial that has no limitations on usage.
4. It includes an image editor to touch up the screenshots.
5. The mobile companion app makes mobile capture easier.
1. The free trial asks you to sign up for a TechSmith account.
2. You can purchase priority support separately to get the desired service.
Step 1: Open the Snagit screen capture on your computer and select the All-in-One tab from the Capture window. It enables you to capture the screen directly or even tweak the settings for the program.
Step 2: Click the Capture button and select an area to capture. You can click the Fullscreen option to let you choose the entire screen. If you drag the cursor over a window, it will be selected. Or click and drag to select the desired area.
Step 3: Go to the audio section on the Screen Recording toolbar. Enable System Audio and Microphone if you want to add your voice. When it turns green, it means an audio recording is enabled.
Tip: The Webcam icon can capture your face. When you want to add a presentation within the Snagit, you can also turn on the feature to capture the desired files.
Step 4: Now, click the Record button or press Shift + F9 to trigger the countdown. After the screen recording, hit the Stop button or press Shift + F10 to save the recording as MP4.
Step 5: It will save in the AutoSave folder. Then you can view, trim and share it with Snagit Editor, which provides the basic video editing features to touch up the photos and videos.
Snagit is an excellent screen capture program to take a snapshot with the screen recording features. Is there a Snagit alternative that is excellent to take screenshots and videos? WidsMob Capture can record screen and video, capture audio, and take snapshots. Moreover, it has basic editing features and enables you to add annotation, shape, and others to the recording files.
1. Capture all onscreen activities, screen, audio, and images.
2. Make screenshots with an onscreen button or hotkeys with ease.
3. Add your reactions and voice to the recording via webcam and microphone.
4. Draw on the video, add paintings, shapes, or text directly while recording.
5. Offer extensive custom options for tweaking the codec, formats, and more.
Step 1: Download the alternative to Snagit and follow the onscreen guide to install it on your machine. You can select the Record Screen to record videos on your computer.
Step 2: Turn on the Display option and set the recording area based on your need. To add your face and voice to the recording, enable both the Webcam option and the Microphone option.
Step 3: Go to the Preferences dialog. And you will get the custom options. Go to the General tab and set hotkeys and destination folder. If you want to modify the video quality, go to the Recording tab.
Tip: If you want to make screenshots, select Capture Screen from the home interface instead.
Step 4: Once you are ready, click the REC button to start recording the screen with the Snagit alternative for the online video or app. You can draw on the video or even add text, shape, and painting during the process.
Step 5: After the screen recording, click the Stop button to save it to the Media Library. Here you can preview and edit the screen recording video. You can share it on social media or via email.
Step 6: Click the Share icon at the bottom left corner and select the desired channel. Then follow the onscreen instructions to share your videos and screenshots.
Note: Most social platforms and email providers have restrictions on aspect ratio, file size, and more. You’d better edit and compress your screen recordings before sharing them.
Based on the sharing above, you should master one of the best screen recording software, TechSmith Snagit. It is a simple video recorder with excellent screen captures features. When you need to record video and take snapshots as a profession, WidsMob Capture is the desired one you can consider. Plus, it is more compact and can produce the best output quality. If you have other questions, please leave a message.