We might only visualize digital photos from different devices on screen now. FastStone Image Viewer should be one of the most popular photo viewers for Windows.
It does not only simple view and browse different photo formats, but also able to manage the photo album and the like.
If you are not familiar with FastStone Image Viewer, learn what is FastStone Image Viewer and how to use it from the following paragraphs.
If you are not satisfied with FSViewer or Fastone image viewer alternative for Mac, you can learn more from the article to get the best image viewer program.
FastStone Image Viewer is an image viewer and organizer for Microsoft Windows, provided free of charge for personal and educational use.
It's also capable of performing a fairly significant number of editing functions, so it is a good choice if you need a way to view images and perform basic editing and correction tasks.
FastStone Image Viewer supports all major graphic formats including: BMP, JPEG, JPEG 2000, animated GIF, PNG, PCX, TIFF, WMF, ICO, TGA.
And the application also supports popular digital camera RAW formats including: CRW, CR2, NEF, PEF, RAF, MRW, ORF, SRF, DNG.
Key Features of FastStone Image Viewer
As an image viewer, let's check how to use FastStone Image Viewer in this section.
There are four types of viewing mode: Thumbnail View, Full Screen View, Windowed View and Compare Selected Images View. Let's take how to use Full Screen View mode for example.
Step 1. Double click on a thumbnail and that image will open in the full screen view.
Step 2. You can move between images in the Full Screen View by press Page Down key to display the next image.
Step 3. You can rotate an image by pressing L key on your keyboard to rotate the image to the left or R key to the right. Moreover, you can zoom in a photo with the + key and zoom out with - key.
Step 4. If you want to return to the Thumbnail view, double click on an image or press the Esc key or the Enter key on your keyboard.
Try to learn detailed FastStone Image Viewer tutorial, you can check here.
It should be the most powerful photo viewer among all free alternatives of FastStone Image Viewer.
WidsMob Viewer does not only support more operation systems and file formats, but also provides the best speed and quality. The batch function for renaming, resizing and converting should be the plus features of the wonderful photo browser.
Just learn more about some key features of the Mac FastStone Image Viewer alternative as below.
1. WidsMob Viwer supports both Windows and Mac Operation Systems.
2. Photo Viewer supports 35 photo formats, you can view images in GIF format and RAW files.
3. Access detail EXIF information with the camera model, Exposure parameters, ISO and Lens.
4. Display all photos in the same folder and subfolders by importing only one of them to the Photo Viewer.
5. Musical slideshow for favorite photos with multiple classic transitions.
6. Basic editing functions to rotate, flip, zoom, adjust quality and crop without losing quality.
IrfanView seek for the unique and new features, such as the clone and stealing. As a fast and smart free photo viewer of FastStone Image Viewer, IrfanView supports also the operation system of Windows, including Windows 10.
The listed key features of IrfanView can help you learn more about the program.
1. IrfanView can save slideshow as EXE/SCR or burn the slideshow files to CD.
2. Show EXIF/IPTC/Comments text in Slideshow/Fullscreen within the Photo viewer.
3. Paint options enable you to draw lines, circles, arrows, straighten images etc.
4. Shell Extension PlugIn and other PlugIns to extend the usage of the photo viewer.
5. Multi-page TIF editing and support for embed color profiles in JPG/TIF.
6. It is not only a CR2 image viewer, but also support for Adobe Photo Filters.
XnView should be another nice option as the Fastone Image Viewer. It is also available for both Windows and Mac.
The convenient Screen Capture module and Windows TWAIN & WIA interface can help the image viewer to capture images as well.
With the multiple exporting formats, you can use the output files of the photo viewer for Slideshow, Web Pages and so on.
1. Different view modes to browse, organize and view images in thumbnail, fullscreen, filmstrip or slideshow.
2. Photo Viewer is able to read about 500 formats, including multipage and animated still formats APNG, TIFF, GIF, ICO etc.
3. Fundamental editing tools to resize, rotate, crop, auto level, auto contrast and lossless crop images.
4. Batch functions are also available to rename and other batch processing the photos.
5. Apply filters and effects when you view photos, such as the blur, average, emboss.
6. EXIF auto rotation support.
Imagine is another alternative fast and easy FSViewer.
The photo viewer including some popular features, such as support for ZIP, RAR, 7z file, capture screen. You can also access to the detail EXIF information of the camera with the photo viewer.
It is similar as the FastStone Image viewer with multiple slideshow and transition, but also supports add-on and plugin for the program.
1. Support for numerous image/animation file format: GIF, BMP, PNG, JPG, TIF, TGA, PCX, ICO, ANI, FLI, and many other formats.
2. Support ZIP, RAR, 7Z, ALZ, HV3 and other zip formats and unique formats.
3. Show or hide transparency, EXIF information with the camera information and others.
4. Extract single frame or all frames from the animated photo files with the photo viewer.
5. Show detailed information of image/animated photos.
6. Thumbnail browser is available for the picture viewer.
ACDSee should be the professional alternative for FastStone Image Viewer.
The program came with a full set of features to help you manage, view, edit, create and share the photos. The Photo Viewer also supports printing, batch editing, sharing to website, developing or accumulating for a slideshow.
The Microsoft OneDrive integration of the image viewer should be a splendid feature allows you to manage the photos without moving it out of cloud.
1. EXIF information and IPTC metadata support.
2. Support high DPI support for crisp viewing on 4K monitors with the Photo Viewer.
3. Create categories; add hierarchical keywords and phrases, rate, tag and color label your photos.
4. Reduce red eye, rotate, flip, crop, resize and repair and other multiple features.
5. Add borders, vignette, or text to your favorite photos with the photo viewer software.
6. Noise Reduction and Blur features to further edit the photos.
Here we introduce FastStone Image Viewer as well as its best alternatives.
Most of the photo viewers are free alternatives of FastStone Image Viewer. You can also learn the professional and commercial Photo Viewers of FSviewer as well.
If you need more options for the FastStone Viewer, you can also learn more from the article now.
When you need to find some FastStone Image Viewer alternative for Mac, WidsMob Viewer should be one of the best solutions you need to take into consideration.