FastStone Image Viewer Introduction and The 5 Best Alternatives
Last Updated on May 22, 2023 by Peter Wood
We might only visualize digital photos from different devices on screen now. FastStone Image Viewer should be one of the most popular photo viewers for Windows. It enables you to browse different photo formats and can manage photo album and the like.
If you are not familiar with FastStone Image Viewer, learn how to use it from the following paragraphs. When you are not satisfied with FSViewer or Fastone image viewer alternative for Mac, you can learn more from the article to get the best image viewer program.
Part 1. FastStone Image Viewer Review
What is FastStone Image Viewer
FastStone Image Viewer is an image viewer for Microsoft Windows provided free of charge for personal and educational use.
It's also capable of performing a significant number of editing functions, so it is a good choice if you need a way to view images and perform basic editing and correction tasks.
Key Features of FastStone Image Viewer
- Batch convert images to many formats.
- Image viewing function.
- 150+ transitional effects available to apply to images.
- Selection of modes with which to view files.
- Sharp design that puts the user in control.
- Improved compatibility with Windows 11/10/8/7.
- The interface looks a bit outdated. And it's much too busy.
- Difficult to understand what all the buttons do.
- Not available for FastStone Image Viewer for Mac, Android, or iOS.
How to use FastStone Image Viewer
As an image viewer, let's check how to use FastStone Image Viewer in this section.
There are four viewing modes: Thumbnail View, Full-Screen View, Windowed View, and Compare Selected Images View. Let's take how to use Full-Screen View mode as an example.
Step 1. Double click on a thumbnail. And that image will open in the full-screen view.
Step 2. You can move between images in the Full-Screen View by press the Page Down key to display the next one.
Step 3. You can rotate an image by pressing the L key on your keyboard to turn the photo to the left or the R key to the right. Moreover, you can zoom in on it with the + key and zoom out with the - key.
Step 4. If you want to return to the Thumbnail view, double click on an image or press the Esc key or the Enter key on your keyboard.
Try to learn detailed FastStone Image Viewer tutorial, you can check here.
Top 5 FastStone Image Viewer Alternatives
Top 1: WidsMob Viewer Pro
WidsMob Viewer Pro is a versatile FastStone image viewer alternative, you can browse most photo formats, video files, as well as PDFs. It provides some basic editing features, like copying, pasting, comparing, deleting, zooming in/out, and more. It is a versatile photo browser, which includes thumbnail, full screen, slideshow, and EXIF. Moreover, there are different methods to view media files as well as folders.
1. Support most file formats, including GIF format, MP4, JPEG, PNG, WebP, and most RAW files.
2. Check EXIF information with the camera model, Exposure parameters, ISO, file size, and Lens.
3. Provide basic editing features to rotate, flip, zoom in/out, adjust quality, and crop photos.
4. Convert all RAW files, GIF, PNG, WebP, TIFF, and other photo formats to JPEG, BMP, and PNG.
Step 1: Download and install WidsMob Viewer Pro, and launch the program on your computer. After that, you can set it up as the default photo viewer. Similar to the FastStone image viewer, you can browse most file formats. After that, you can click any media file to open all files within the same folder in thumbnails.
Step 2: Once you have imported the media files, you can check all the media files in thumbnails. Moreover, you can use Ctrl + C keys to copy the media files or simply drag-n-drop them to other sub-folders in the same folder. Moreover, you can also sort the photos with different settings or compare two similar photos.
Step 3: When you need to check the details of the image or video, double-click the file and view the media file with a full screen. You can also delete the unwanted ones, cut off the unwanted part, or find the EXIF of the CR2 image. It enables you to further edit the images, such as rotating, flipping, cropping, moving to trash, and more.
Top 2: IrfanView
IrfanView seeks unique and new features, such as the clone and stealing. As a fast and free photo viewer of FastStone Image Viewer, IrfanView supports the operating system of Windows, including Windows 11/10.
The listed key features of IrfanView can help you learn more about the program.
1. IrfanView can save slideshow as EXE/SCR or burn the slideshow files to CD.
2. Show EXIF/IPTC/Comments text in Slideshow/Fullscreen within the Photo viewer.
3. Paint options enable you to draw lines, circles, arrows, straighten images, etc.
4. Shell Extension PlugIn and other PlugIns to extend the usage of the photo viewer.
5. Multi-page TIF editing and support for embed color profiles in JPG/TIF.
6. It is not only a CR2 image viewer but also supports Adobe Photo Filters.
Top 3: XnView
XnView should be another option as the Fastone Image Viewer. It is also available for both Windows and Mac.
The convenient Screen Capture module and Windows TWAIN & WIA interface can help the image viewer to capture images.
With the multiple exporting formats, you can use the output files of the photo viewer for Slideshow, Web Pages, and so on.
1. Different view modes to browse, organize and view images in thumbnail, fullscreen, filmstrip, or slideshow.
2. Photo Viewer can read about 500 formats, including multipage and animated still formats APNG, TIFF, GIF, ICO, etc.
3. Fundamental editing tools to resize, rotate, crop, auto level, auto contrast, and lossless crop images.
4. Batch functions are also available to rename and other processing the photos.
5. Apply filters and effects when viewing photos, such as blur, average, emboss.
6. EXIF auto rotation support.
Top 4: Imagine
Imagine is another alternative fast and easy viewing.
The photo viewer includes some popular features, such as support for ZIP, RAR, 7z file, capture screen. You can also access the detailed EXIF information of the camera with the photo viewer.
It is similar to the FastStone Image viewer with multiple slideshow and transitions and supports add-ons and plugins for the program.
1. Support for numerous image/animation file formats: GIF, BMP, PNG, JPG, TIF, TGA, PCX, ICO, ANI, FLI, and many other formats.
2. Support ZIP, RAR, 7Z, ALZ, HV3, and other zip formats and unique formats.
3. Show or hide transparency, EXIF information with the camera information, and others.
4. Extract a single frame or all frames from the animated photo files with the photo viewer.
5. Show detailed information of image/animated photos.
6. Thumbnail browser is available for the picture viewer.
Top 5: ACDSee
ACDSee should be the professional alternative for FastStone Image Viewer.
The program came with a set of features to help you manage, view, edit, create and share the photos. The Photo Viewer also supports printing, batch editing, sharing, developing, or accumulating for a slideshow.
The Microsoft OneDrive integration of the image viewer should be a splendid feature that allows you to manage the photos without moving them out of a cloud.
1. EXIF information and IPTC metadata support.
2. Support high DPI support for crisp viewing on 4K monitors with the Photo Viewer.
3. Create categories; add hierarchical keywords and phrases, rates, tags, and color labels for your photos.
4. Reduce red-eye, rotate, flip, crop, resize and repair, and other multiple features.
5. Add borders, vignettes, or text to your favorite photos with the photo viewer software.
6. Noise Reduction and Blur features to edit the photos.
Here we introduce FastStone Image Viewer as well as its best alternatives. Most of the photo viewers are free alternatives to FastStone Image Viewer. You can learn the professional and commercial Photo Viewers of the viewer as well.
If you need more options for the FastStone Viewer, you can also learn more from the article now. When you need to find some FastStone Image Viewer alternative for Mac, WidsMob Viewer Pro should be one of the best solutions you need to consider.