Last Updated on November 15, 2021 by Peter Wood
Google decides to retire Picasa Photo Viewer to focus on a single photo service in Google Photos. How do I find and use the old version of Picasa? Is there an alternative program for Picasa Photo Viewer? Lots of users are satisfied with excellent programs on the computer. To find a suitable program for Picasa, you can learn more detail about the top 5 Picasa Photo Viewer alternatives from the article.
For organizing photos, Picasa has file importing and tracking features. It also has tags, facial recognition, and collections for sorting. And it offers several photo editing functions include color enhancement, red-eye reduction, and cropping. Other features include slide shows, printing, and image timelines. Images can use for external use, such as for e-mailing or printing, by reducing file size and setting up page layouts. There is also integration with online photo printing services. Other simple editing features include adding text to the image.
Picasa supports Google's WebP image format, the JPG format, and most Raw image formats (RAW files). A user can view and edit RAW files and save the finished edit (as JPG or other forms) without changing the original RAW file.
On February 12, 2016, Google announced it was discontinuing support for Picasa Desktop and Web Albums, effective March 15, 2016.
If you are willing to use the old versions, you can download the program from the Picasa Photo Viewer 184.108.40.206. And Picasa 2.2 Build 28.20 is still available on the website.
If you have photos or videos in a Picasa Web Album, the easiest way to still access, modify and share most of that content is to log in to Google Photos. Your photos and videos will already be there. So you can download your pictures from Google Photos directly.
WidsMob Viewer should be the most outstanding alternative of Picasa Photo Viewer on Windows and Mac. It is the photo viewer to browse thousands of pictures in a fast way. Here are some of the splendid features of WidsMob Photo Viewer for Windows and Mac.
1. Super fast photo viewing with a great experience. The program loads images and RAW files 5X faster than Picasa Photo Viewer.
2. Access photos in one folder or subfolder by opening one only.
3. Maintain the same zoom ratio while viewing photos.
4. Support all photo files as well as the most popular RAW formats.
5. Batch process to convert, rename and resize a large number of photos and RAW files.
6. Different viewing methods, including the full-screen, thumbnail, library, and slideshow mode.
7. Pick up your favorite photos, share photos on social media and send pictures to others.
Step 1. Launch WidsMob Viewer. Open a folder in the Library left panel, click + or - icons on the top the add or remove a folder or choose any folder and view others using four direction keys.
Step 2. If you have taken lots of photos of the same object and need to find the certain one, then you can enter into a full-screen mode to compare each image carefully. You can also view photos in Library Mode, Thumbnail Mode, or EXIF Mode.
Step 3. You can also use many easy-to-use filters for users to edit photos in batches. As a result, you can save time on applying the same photo effects. Click the Edit icon at the bottom and use sliders to adjust the photo settings of exposure, contrast, and others. You can also choose the Effects section to apply the photo effect. You can also crop, rotate, rename and convert photos according to your need.
Step 4. After you have edited or converted photos, you need to output them into a destination folder, print images directly, or share photos to Flicker, Facebook, and Twitter without hassle.
Google Photos is the default Picasa Photo Viewer alternative. It is a free photo viewer and photo management system, which is available for all platforms. Just learn more detail about the features of the successor of Picasa Photo Viewer as below.
1. Google Photos is famous for unlimited storage with high-resolution images and videos.
2. It can sync photos between different devices with auto-syncing features.
3. Merge two or more duplicates of photos into one photo.
4. Just as Picasa Photo Viewer, you can search through photos with a keyword like the one you used in Google search.
5. Google Photos will arrange all your photos in a grid on your mobile applications. It provides an excellent gallery view for your photos.
6. As the successor of Picasa Photo Viewer, you can find the basic editing features from Google Photos.
XnView is famous for supporting more than 500 files and save to 70 formats. It is an efficient multimedia viewer, browser, and converter. As the Picasa Photo Viewer alternative, you can find multiple favorite features from the following list.
1. There are numerous ways to browse, organize, and view your images, including thumbnail view, fullscreen view, filmstrip view, and photos comparison.
2. XnView allows you to process your images with an arsenal of editing tools as Picasa Photo viewer.
3. When you want to convert photos to some format, you can save them to more than 70 formats.
4. It is a duplicated file finder that searches for and handles the same photos with ease.
5. XnView has batch processing and batch rename features that handle a large number of photos.
6. The program also provides a convenient Screen Capture module and Windows TWAIN & WIA interface to capture images.
Just as Picasa Photo Viewer, IrfanView is the image viewing and editing software. The program has super-fast image processing capability, multi-level compression, sports an enormous list of photo formats, includes many image effects, and more.
1. The batch conversion and rename features allow you to select all images, provide many options to change the format, and rename them.
2. And the sorting and searching features will help you find out the exact image you are looking for with ease.
3. Compared to the other Picasa Photo viewer alternatives, the program can combine multiple images as one.
4. IrfanView can capture the screen in a specified time intervals.
5. If you want to view all the images through a single image, you can add images in TIF to create multipage TIF.
6. Besides brilliant built-in features, it keeps an open space for using multiple plug-ins for advanced users.
FastStone Image Viewer is another free Picasa Photo viewer alternative with a fast, stable, and user-friendly experience. It is a versatile image viewer with a good array of features. Just learn more detail about the program as below.
1. The program includes excellent features, such as image viewing, management, comparison, red-eye removal, emailing, resizing, cropping, retouching, and color adjustments.
2. It includes some photo editing features, such as Draw texts, lines, highlights, rectangles, ovals, and callout objects on images.
3. And you have more than 150 slideshow transaction effects and music effects, which support MP3, WMA, and WAV formats.
4. Just as the other Picasa Photo Viewer alternative, the program has some features. Such as create memorable artistic image montages.
5. Besides the Windows version, you can also access the portal version of FastStone Image Viewer.
6. Superior Red-Eye effect removal/reduction with a natural-looking result.