Google decides to retire Picasa Photo Viewer in order to focus on a single photo service in Google Photos. How do I find and use the old version of Picasa? Is there an alternative program for Picasa Photo Viewer? Actually lots of users are satisfied with excellent program on computer. In order to find a suitable program for Picasa, you can learn more detail about the top 5 Picasa Photo Viewer Alternatives on computer from the article.
Picasa Photo Viewer is a cross-platform image organizer and photo viewer for organizing and editing digital photos in computer, integrated with a now defunct photo-sharing website.
For organizing photos, Picasa has file importing and tracking features, as well as tags, facial recognition, and collections for further sorting. It also offers several basic photo editing functions, including color enhancement, red eye reduction, and cropping. Other features include slide shows, printing, and image timelines. Images can also be prepared for external use, such as for e-mailing or printing, by reducing file size and setting up page layouts. There is also integration with online photo printing services. Other simple editing features include adding text to the image.
Picasa supports Google's WebP image format as well as the JPG format and most Raw image format (RAW files). A user can view and edit RAW files and save the finished edit (as JPG, or other forms) without any changes to the original RAW file.
On February 12, 2016, Google announced it was discontinuing support for Picasa Desktop and Web Albums, effective March 15, 2016.
If you are willing to use the old versions, you can download the program from the Picasa Photo Viewer 22.214.171.124 and Picasa 2.2 Build 28.20 is still available on the website.
If you have photos or videos in a Picasa Web Album, the easiest way to still access, modify and share most of that content is to log in to Google Photos. Your photos and videos will already be there. So you can download your photos from Google Photos directly.
WidsMob Viewer should be the most outstanding alternative of Picasa Photo Viewer on Mac. It is the smart photo viewer to browse thousands of pictures in a fast and smart way. Here are some of the splendid features of WidsMob Photo Viewer for Mac.
1. Super fast photo viewing with wonderful experience. The program loads images and RAW files 5X faster than Picasa Photo Viewer.
2. Access photos in one folder or subfolder by opening one photo only.
3. Maintain the same zoom ratio while viewing photos.
4. Support for all photo files as well as the most popular RAW formats.
5. Batch process to convert, rename and resize a large number of photos and RAW files.
6. Different viewing methods, including the full screen, thumbnail, library and slideshow mode.
7. Pick up the favorite photos, share photos to social media and send pictures to others.
Step 1. Launch WidsMob Viewer. Open a folder in the “Library” left panel, click “+” or “-” icons on the top the add or remove a folder or choose any folder and view others using four direction keys.
Step 2. If you have taken lots of photos of the same object and need to find the certain one, then you can enter into full screen mode to compare each photo carefully. You can also view photos in Library Mode, Thumbnail Mode or EXIF Mode.
Step 3. You can also use many easy-to-use filters for users to edit photos in batch. As a result, you can save time on applying the same photo effects. Click “Edit” icon at the bottom and use sliders to adjust the photo settings of exposure, contrast and others. You can also choose “Effects” section to apply the certain photo effect. You can also crop, rotate, rename and convert photos according to your need.
Step 4. After you have edited or converted photos, you need to output them into a destination folder, print a photo directly or share photos to Flicker, Facebook and Twitter without hassle.
Google Photos is the default Picasa Photo Viewer alternative. It is a free photo viewer and photo management system, which is available for all platforms. Just learn more detail about features of the successor of Picasa Photo Viewer as below.
1. Google Photos is famous for the unlimited storage with high-resolution images and videos.
2. It is able to sync photos between different devices with auto-syncing features.
3. Merge two or more duplicates of photos into the one photo.
4. Just as Picasa Photo Viewer, you can search through photos with a keyword much like the one you used in Google search.
5. Google Photos will arrange all your photos in a grid on your mobile applications. It provides the excellent gallery view for you photos.
6. As the successor of Picasa Photo Viewer, you can find the basic editing features from Google Photos.
XnView is famous for supporting more than 500 files and save to 70 formats. It is an efficient multimedia viewer, browser and converter. As the Picasa Photo Viewer alternative, you can find multiple favorite features from the following list.
1. There are numerous ways to browse, organize, and view your images, thumbnail view, fullscreen view, filmstrip view and images compare.
2. XnView allows you to process your images with arsenal of editing tools just as Picasa Photo viewer.
3. When you want to convert photos to some special format, you can save to more than 70 formats.
4. It is a duplicated file finder that search for and handles the same photos with ease.
5. XnView has the batch processing and batch rename features that handles a large amount of photos at the same time.
6. The program also provides a convenient Screen Capture module and Windows TWAIN & WIA interface to capture images.
Just as Picasa Photo Viewer, IrfanView is the image viewing and editing software. The program has super fast image processing capability, multi-level compression, sports enormous list of photo formats, includes multitude of image effects and more.
1. The batch conversion and rename features, which allow you to select all images, provide multitude of option to change the format, and importantly rename them at the same time.
2. And the sorting and searching features will help you find out the exact image you are looking for with ease.
3. Compared to the other Picasa Photo viewer alternatives, the program is able to combine multiple images together as one.
4. IrfanView can also be used to capture screen in a specified time intervals.
5. If you want to view all the images through a single image, you can add images in TIF to create multipage TIF.
6. What is more, apart from brilliant built-in features, for advance users it keep an open space for using multiple plug-ins.
FastStone Image Viewer is another free Picasa Photo viewer alternative. It is the most photo viewer with a fast, stable, user-friendly experience. It is a versatile image viewer with a nice array of features. Just learn more detail about the program as below.
1. The program includes the excellent features, such as image viewing, management, comparison, red-eye removal, emailing, resizing, cropping, retouching and color adjustments.
2. It also includes some photo editing features, such as Draw texts, lines, highlights, rectangles, ovals and callout objects on images.
3. And you have more than 150 slideshow transaction effects and music effects, which support MP3, WMA and WAV formats.
4. Just as the other Picasa Photo Viewer alternative, the program has some special features. Such as create memorable artistic image montage.
5. Besides the Windows version, you can also access to the portal version of FastStone Image Viewer.
6. Superior Red-Eye effect removal/reduction with completely natural looking end result.