10 Best Image Viewers for Mac/Windows/Android Phones of 2023
Last Updated on March 29, 2023 by Peter Wood
What are the best image viewers for Mac to watch hundreds or thousands of photos from different devices, such as smartphones and cameras? You can preview and sync pictures and videos between iOS and macOS with the Photos app.
Is there an alternative besides the default JPEG viewer on Mac, especially a fast RAW image viewer for RAW files, PSD, DNG, WebP, HEIC, and AVIF files? Whether you need to use the open-source photo viewers for Mac or the professional ones, here is a simple review of the photo viewers with their excellent features. You can compare them to a suitable one according to your requirement.
Part 1. Best Photo Viewer for Mac to View Image on macOS
WidsMob Viewer Pro is a versatile photo viewer for Mac, with which you can view, convert and manage photos, videos, and PDF files. There are multiple viewing modes, including full-screen mode, thumbnail mode, simple mode, slideshow mode, EXIF mode, and zoom mode provide an excellent photo viewing experience.
Besides the viewing modes, you can also find multiple editing features, like cropping the desired part, comparing two different photos, flipping/rotating images, and more. It also enables you to preview the PDFs and videos, or even unlock the encrypted PDF. Moreover, you can transfer files between different folders easily.
1. Support most RAW file formats, AVIF, WebP, HEIC, PNG, TIFF, JPEG, and other photo formats.
2. Manage photos between folders easily, open all the photos, copy the desired ones, and others.
3. Provide different photo viewing modes, such as thumbnail, full-screen, EXIF, and slideshow.
4. Apply multiple photo effects to all photos and even edit photos with some basic editing tools.
5. Convert RAW/HEIC/WebP photo formats into JPEG, BMP, TIFF, and other file formats easily.
How to View Images with this Best Image Viewer on Mac
Step 1: Download and install WidsMob Viewer Pro on your Mac. Launch the program and drag and drop any video, image, or PDF into the program. If you have already set the program as the default photo viewer for Mac, you can click any file to open all the files within the same folder, including photos, videos, and PDFs.
Step 2: Once you get into the Thumbnail mode, you can check photos, videos, and even PDFs in thumbnails. Select the desired photo and press the Command + C button to copy the photo. If you need to compare two photos, you can select them before clicking the Compare button. There is a slideshow feature to play the photos automatically.
Step 3: Click any image to go to the Full Screen mode, which you can switch to another image, delete the unwanted one, or crop the photo. It also provides some basic editing features to rotate, flip, crop, move to trash, open, show in Explorer, or even set up the settings for browsing the media files on your MacBook with the Preference button.
Step 4: If you need to check the EXIF information, you can click the I icon in the bottom right corner. It enables you to browse the file name, file size, file creation, maker, model, exposure time, F-Number, ISO, flash, focal length, and more. It not only works with photos but also with videos and PDF files.
Step 5: You can also view pictures in Slideshow mode by clicking the Play icon at the bottom of the main window of the photo viewer for Mac. Besides browsing photos with the different modes, you can also click the File menu and choose the Save As button to export the photos to JPEG, PNG, or BMP accordingly.
Part 2. Top 2 Photo Viewer for Mac to View Photos Easily
1. Xee - Photo Viewer for Mac to View and Manage Images on Mac
Xee is a streamlined and convenient Mac picture viewer and browser.
It is a serious tool for photo viewing and management with a sleek and powerful interface. It is fast and uses less memory than most other image viewing tools on Mac.
With Xee, you can even display a large number of image formats, including PCX, Maya IFF, and Amiga IFF-ILBM.
What is more, you can also access the information about the images with the Xee photo viewer.
The shortcoming of Xee is that you might not able to edit or manage the photos within the program.
2. ACDSee Mac Pro - Image Viewer for Mac to Organize Photos on macOS
The Mac pic viewer helps you categorize and keep track of thousands of photos. As an excellent photo viewer, ACDSee Mac Pro is optimized for Retina Display and Patented Lighting & Contrast Enhancement to improve the quality of the photos to achieve HDR results.
The batch presets are also available to make the whole thing easy within the Photo viewer. Another plus feature for ACDSee should be the online cloud storage; you can store and share your shots on your personal ACDSee Online cloud space.
And the price of ACDSee Mac photo viewer is US$29.95.
Part 3. 5 Best Image Viewer for Windows to View Pictures on Windows 10/8/7
If you are using Windows PC, you may need photos-view software on Windows. You may wonder if you can find the best Windows photo viewer to browse and manage all your photos easily. Here you can check the following programs. We list 5 best Windows picture viewer for your reference. Hope you can pick one according to your need.
1. FastStone Image Viewer - Best Picture Viewer for Windows
FastStone Image Viewer should be an excellent choice of image viewing software for Windows.
FastStone Image Viewer has the superb user-interface in full-screen mode, different pop-up panels to reach, and withdraw any side of the screen.
There are some remarkable features of this open-source image viewer: the zoom system can magnify to a custom preset level, the batch processing option makes it easy to set up and run.
Of course, you can also achieve other editing features in the updated photo viewer with curves, levels, lighting, unsharp mask, and clone.
2. FastPictureViewer - Best Free Photo Viewer for Windows
FastPictureViewer is a free image viewer for Windows XP and later and optimized for a full-screen, borderless preview of digital images.
It has full-color management with a simple process.
What is more, you can also access advanced batch file management, web upload, and culling for photographs.
This best free photo viewer does not have image editing or enhancement features and cannot create and maintain a thumbnail database.
It has a relative Pro version, which has strong functions for image viewing and browsing. The disadvantage is still with no Mac OX S version currently.
3. XnView - Best Windows Image Viewer to View Various Graphic Files
As one of the best Photo viewer programs, XnView can read over 500 types of graphic files and convert them to over 70 formats.
It is not only a full-screen photo viewer but also available as thumbnails, a slideshow, or the sorting out a result. The thumbnail mode can fit your preferences with several layout and sizes.
You can also find other customize options and plug-ins for this free photo viewing software. It makes the XnView the most versatile photo viewer but also a heavily weighted champion.
4. IrfanView - Photo Viewing Software to View Images on Windows PC
Another nice option of photo viewer program should be IrfanView. It does not only support the broadest photo formats, but also audio files and video files.
This photo viewer software can convert, optimize, scan, print, and create slideshows. The batch processing is also available on the Windows photo viewer to handle a large amounts of files at a time.
You can also access more features for image creation, painting capabilities, and also slideshow exporting. If you are not satisfied with the photo viewer program, you can check the plug-ins to find the desired features.
5. Adobe Bridge CC - Adobe Photo Viewer with Vesitle Edit Function
Adobe Bridge CC, which has automated cache management, on-demand thumbnail and metadata generation, option to import photos and videos from your mobile or digital camera on Mac.
And the batch-processing feature of the image viewer is available, centralized color settings, and drag-and-drop file flexibility.
If you have some panoramic files or HDR photos, the photo viewer can handle them without a problem.
Part 4. Top 3 Picture Viewers for iOS and Android
Top 1: QuickPic Gallery - Photo Viewer App for Android Phone
It is an excellent Android photo viewer that loads images at fast speed. QuickPic Gallery is an Android display that is easy to use, light, and very eye-plashing.
What’s more important, this best Android photo viewer offers 1000GB of cloud storage. Until Google finally opted to remove everything related to Google Plus from its native tool, QuickPic is the main photo viewer app on Android for a long period time.
Just learn more detail about the great features of QuickPic as below.
1. Including and excluding folders. When you have sets of private photos that you do not want to share with others, the photo viewer for Android let you exclude folders from the image browser.
2. Managing hidden folders. If you need to hide the photos, you can toggle that with one button click as well as set a password to grant more security.
3. There are some simple editing features, such as crop photos, rotate images, and other small functions. You can use them handy without the need to open a separate application.
4. You can find more features besides the fast speed photo viewer for Android. QuickPic will add some new features for the program each time for an updates.
Top 2: Focus - Photo Viewer for Android and iOS
Focus is another free photo viewer for Android/iOS, with optional pro features. And you have an eye for detail and you can also see the EXIF data here.
It is a complete photo viewing app that prioritizes ease of use, organization, and security.
If you have any queries about the application, you can launch up this best photo viewer for Android with a small tour.
Just learn more detail about the features of the program.
1. By default the app gives more than 11 tags for a user to categories a photo. You can tag your photos to keep them organized like never before using first of its kind tagging features.
2. The photo viewer for Android can access any image, gif, or video files on your Android from the main screen, or dive into your collections to quickly find the photos by data.
3. Focus also has the hide features that lock focus from unwanted eyes with password protection. Of course, you can use Android Marshmallow with your fingerprint.
4. You can also use the amazing dark theme perfectly crafted, use the Android photo viewer as a source for Muzei Live Wallpaper, as well as the ability to change focus’s launcher icon.
Top 3: MyRoll - Android Image Viewer to Organize Photos
MyRoll is an intelligent photo viewer for Android that organizes your photos and videos into moments. It also helps you easily re-live and share life’s best memory.
As a genius, smart, and well-designed Android photo viewer, you can find some excellent customization and personalization features.
If you want to learn more detail about the special features of MyRoll, you can just read more detail below.
1. MyRoll is featured for finding the best memories from hundreds of precious photos and videos. And then you can organize them into meaningful moments and collect them to the times' places and events.
2. The Android photo viewer can use computer vision and data analysis to elevate the photos and videos that matter the most to you with smiling faces, great lighting, vibrant color, clear focus, and more.
3. Just use the share features to share a group of photos easily and elegantly. You can share privately with family and friends, or publicly over email, Facebook, WhatsApp, and SMS.
4. The photo viewer for Android also has some advanced technology, such as big data techniques, behavioral analysis, and services integrations.
When you need to enjoy photos on Mac, Windows, or Android devices, you can check the list of the best photo viewers from the article. Moreover, you can find the features of photo viewers in the article. If you need to check all file formats for your Mac, WidsMob Viewer Pro should be the versatile choice you should not miss.